Inspire 1 Owner's Thread - First Page has Support Information and FAQ's - Page 4043 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jun 14, 2017, 12:32 PM
youtube.com/boogieman4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFlyBob
Did the 10 fit in the holder on the remote?
Using my adapter it did. I could have forced it in but honestly didn't wanna break it or the holder.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 14, 2017, 08:21 PM
I'm having Inspire 1 problems, unfortunately one is self inflicted.

1. Self inflicted: I interrupted a battery firmware upgrade process. I have no idea why it decided to update, I'd used that same battery that same day on that same job. But it did. As a guy on a job I just saw a limp gimbal and a be-be-be-beep coming from it, so in my job-panic I pulled that battery and stuck in another to fly. Well, now it's got leds 2 and 3 stuck on and it won't respond to any button press or charge attempt. I guess the lesson is: remove the update files from your SD card when you're done with the update!

It's out of warranty. Do I send it back to DJI for repair or do I attempt the home-brew "fix" of taking the top off and disconnection its brain?

2. Not self-inflicted: I experience transmission delay for the first time. I'm talking 15, 20 seconds of delay or so. Why is there even that much buffer memory in the video feed path?? Crazy... After I hand-caught it, shut it off and put it down, the delay was so extreme I could watch the whole landing process on my video feed starting with it facing me, turning around so I could catch it, motor shut-down and finally me setting it on the table.

3. Two batteries flash the "overcharge" LED at the end of a charge on the 180 watt charger. I have to finish them off on the 100 watt charger to get the charge to terminate properly.

I sure am glad I have an Inspire 2!!
Jun 19, 2017, 08:13 AM
fools? at least i'm honest :)
Hi guys, i've accident my inspire fell off
my x3 survive maybe just ribbon cable i need to replace (maybe)

after that crash my inspire a bit sloping (its that right?)
oke maybe picture tell everything

i need to make it level again, is there any screw or else i can adjust for that level?
Jun 19, 2017, 08:26 AM
RIP Charlie T. Wilbury, Jr.
Quote:
Originally Posted by korakora
Hi guys, i've accident my inspire fell off

my x3 survive maybe just ribbon cable i need to replace (maybe)

after that crash my inspire a bit sloping (its that right?)

oke maybe picture tell everything

i need to make it level again, is there any screw or else i can adjust for that level?
I would be looking extremely closely at the internal arm knuckles as it's likely you have damaged more that just moving the arms.

They are well off where they need to be, this can be adjusted by loosening the clamp on the smaller support arm but again it needs to be set precisely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq
I'm having Inspire 1 problems, unfortunately one is self inflicted.

1. Self inflicted: I interrupted a battery firmware upgrade process. I have no idea why it decided to update, I'd used that same battery that same day on that same job. But it did. As a guy on a job I just saw a limp gimbal and a be-be-be-beep coming from it, so in my job-panic I pulled that battery and stuck in another to fly. Well, now it's got leds 2 and 3 stuck on and it won't respond to any button press or charge attempt. I guess the lesson is: remove the update files from your SD card when you're done with the update!

It's out of warranty. Do I send it back to DJI for repair or do I attempt the home-brew "fix" of taking the top off and disconnection its brain?

2. Not self-inflicted: I experience transmission delay for the first time. I'm talking 15, 20 seconds of delay or so. Why is there even that much buffer memory in the video feed path?? Crazy... After I hand-caught it, shut it off and put it down, the delay was so extreme I could watch the whole landing process on my video feed starting with it facing me, turning around so I could catch it, motor shut-down and finally me setting it on the table.

3. Two batteries flash the "overcharge" LED at the end of a charge on the 180 watt charger. I have to finish them off on the 100 watt charger to get the charge to terminate properly.

I sure am glad I have an Inspire 2!!

Tbh I suspect the pack is bricked tbh. If it won't update by putting it in not a lot you can do, not sure it's worth shipping it to DJI tbh.

As for the others with the over charge error, are these TB48 ?
Jun 19, 2017, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_angler1
I would be looking extremely closely at the internal arm knuckles as it's likely you have damaged more that just moving the arms.

They are well off where they need to be, this can be adjusted by loosening the clamp on the smaller support arm but again it needs to be set precisely.
ugh i hate if someone tell bad news and then ittrully happen
yeah you were right i found arm inside fuselage got bent

Thank's "M"
Jun 19, 2017, 09:53 AM
Quote:

Thank's "M"

Do you think you can fix that? A new module is expensive.
Jun 19, 2017, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pagexone
Do you think you can fix that? A new module is expensive.
yes perhaps i will found out my self how to fix that
after i disassembly this 1st
i guess i give up for this moment, look like complicated to disassembly
Jun 19, 2017, 05:13 PM
I have a similar bent center frame. Disassembly isn't hard but finding that part is. I've been experimenting with some 3D printed designs and maybe should fire it back up and finish it.
Jun 19, 2017, 06:37 PM
Quote:

Thank's "M"

Sorry, I would suggest sending that into DJI for repair or even source a replacement frame tbh.

As I thought that looked a fair impact and I was concerned.
Jun 19, 2017, 07:57 PM
Quote:

Tbh I suspect the pack is bricked tbh. If it won't update by putting it in not a lot you can do, not sure it's worth shipping it to DJI tbh.

As for the others with the over charge error, are these TB48 ?
Yep... $200 gone... dang... lesson learned.

Yes, it's a TB48.
Jun 20, 2017, 11:41 PM
Go Hawks!
Fired up my I1 V2 today after work.
DJI Go warned me that an update is coming

GEO updates inbound to DJI Go/Inspire1's and P3's I am guessing.
Last edited by cryhavoc38; Jun 21, 2017 at 12:21 AM.
Jun 20, 2017, 11:41 PM
Go Hawks!
There are a couple guys selling I1 parts over on inspirepilots.com

here's one
http://www.inspirepilots.com/threads...4/#post-152672

http://www.inspirepilots.com/threads...8/#post-152659
Jun 21, 2017, 01:31 PM
sillygoo.se

Bearing Failure???

Well, not quite a failure but imminent failure for sure. Inspire 1 RAW with less than 100 cycles (not sure how much less). Noticed on startup an occasional light clanking noise. Immediately shut down, manually spun each motor. The front left motor (CW) was the source of the noise and something was intermittently binding it up. Upon further inspection, no debris or loose magnets were found between the bell and the motor. Put it back together and it produced the same occasional sound and binding. So I can only assume the defect is related to the bearing. Maybe it is cracked? Hs anyone had a similar experience?

More importantly, does DJI provide warranty service on a motor? I've already replaced the motor / ESC and the Inspire is back in the air and working fine. I would like to get the motor replaced under warranty without sending an entire Inspire in.
Jun 21, 2017, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianwood
Well, not quite a failure but imminent failure for sure. Inspire 1 RAW with less than 100 cycles (not sure how much less). Noticed on startup an occasional light clanking noise. Immediately shut down, manually spun each motor. The front left motor (CW) was the source of the noise and something was intermittently binding it up. Upon further inspection, no debris or loose magnets were found between the bell and the motor. Put it back together and it produced the same occasional sound and binding. So I can only assume the defect is related to the bearing. Maybe it is cracked? Hs anyone had a similar experience?

More importantly, does DJI provide warranty service on a motor? I've already replaced the motor / ESC and the Inspire is back in the air and working fine. I would like to get the motor replaced under warranty without sending an entire Inspire in.

Tbh if you have changed it they don't usually warranty parts only especially on the Inspire.

It's just one of those things you have to swallow as you have saved the hassle of sending it in, its 6 of one and half a dozen of another, no one will usually warranty a part only for a customer to change not matter if it's a car or kettle.

Does it feel bad to turn by hand as it could just be ESC failure tbh of its not mechanical.
Jun 21, 2017, 02:32 PM
sillygoo.se
Quote:
Tbh if you have changed it they don't usually warranty parts only especially on the Inspire.

It's just one of those things you have to swallow as you have saved the hassle of sending it in, its 6 of one and half a dozen of another, no one will usually warranty a part only for a customer to change not matter if it's a car or kettle.

Does it feel bad to turn by hand as it could just be ESC failure tbh of its not mechanical.
I figured as much but was hoping that for serviceable parts, there might be some way to swap out defective ones under warranty.

It's definitely mechanical. It generally turns well by hand but makes the occasional clank and has occasional resistance. I'm guessing the bearing is cracked or chipped.