Nov 07, 2014, 09:59 AM
I would say the Align is not big enough. Not enough horsepower for sure, not enough ground clearance to hold a large gimbal. Etc...
to remove ads between posts
Nov 07, 2014, 10:01 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daninho
I can not image they designed the inspire against a 800mm Copter, the align is not RTF and its a heavy copter, the weight goes beyond the 5kg limit with a small DSRL. I think the inspire is targeted against other RTF copters like the Tali500. I would guess like 2000 dollar or so
Exactly like i said, ~$2K.
Nov 07, 2014, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickr1977
I would say the Align is not big enough. Not enough horsepower for sure, not enough ground clearance to hold a large gimbal. Etc...
The align M480 is designed for a large Gimbal, its a really large copter or do you mean another Align model?
Nov 07, 2014, 10:16 AM
Given that the larger Align model, the 690 can only get 8 minutes with a Gh3/4 type gimbal, I highly doubt it could carry say a Movi 10 with a Red type camera. A Red with a cinema prime lense would weigh about 8lbs, add the Movi 10 which will add another 6lbs or so, would be SUPER SKETCH for the Align 690.

Even the S1000 would have a tough time getting it done. It could lift and hover, but there is no way it could achieve maximum flight times and performance like it could with a GH3/4 gimbal.

We are getting way off topic, I want to see what this Inspire things turns out to be myself!
Nov 07, 2014, 10:18 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daninho
The align M480 is designed for a large Gimbal, its a really large copter or do you mean another Align model?
Maybe he wants to put a Red Epic on it? The Align M690L is certainly big enough to compete with the S900 and when Walkera release the ugraded motor version of the Tali H500, that will also carry their 3-axis RX100 gimbal - current motors are a bit underpowered for the weight - so lots of choices.

Edit: Oh, he does.
Last edited by Brandigan; Nov 07, 2014 at 10:20 AM. Reason: too slow...
Nov 07, 2014, 10:34 AM
Just remember Ed is just like all of us Junkies. He loves this stuff.
Nov 07, 2014, 10:45 AM
Smashing Planes since 1982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivier_C
Another leaked photo !

Wow Oliver, I did not know you are testing for DJI. I hope you do not get into trouble for releasing all of those photos prior to launch date.
Latest blog entry: Adding Heat Sinks to ESC's
Nov 07, 2014, 11:22 AM
click HERE 2 C my BLOG
Looking forward to flying the inspire myself. Looks really cool
I was right.....I knew it was white
Nov 07, 2014, 12:00 PM
All that supposedly leaked stuff is just a smokescreen. Here is the real Inspire:
http://www.festo.com/cms/en_corp/13165.htm
Nov 07, 2014, 12:46 PM
Anybody Else notice TahoeEd retracted his comment at 10:43?
Nov 07, 2014, 01:35 PM
Nothing earth-shattering I think. T-Ed is probably stuck between acknowledging what has already been leaked and public, with what DJI has actually confirmed (he's trying to keep it real for us to the extent that he can).
Nov 07, 2014, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AerialMG
Anybody Else notice TahoeEd retracted his comment at 10:43?
He went from saying "yes, that is a picture of it" to "....."

No big deal. He does have a boss too.
Nov 07, 2014, 02:14 PM
Since 1902. Maybe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed
Oliver, I love your version of the Inspire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Jmfc
Wow Oliver, I did not know you are testing for DJI. I hope you do not get into trouble for releasing all of those photos prior to launch date.
I'll make a bigger version once there's better photos, could even make the "landing gear" functional, we've got more than enough bricks for this
Nov 07, 2014, 02:25 PM
This would be the exact copter for me and for all Phantom owners who want something larger. The align is not RTF and its a copter you have to build, program the remote etc.. The inspire is an all in one solution like the P2s and for ppl who dont have the desire to build, solder etc.. It is the all in one "gadget" i waited for similar to the tali but i guess much better and much more reliable. This is definately a copter for me and i admit that i dont wanna build and solder and all that. Now i need to get rid of my Phantom 2, video TX, Gopro and goggles
Nov 07, 2014, 02:29 PM
Lethargic Nincompoop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Jmfc
Skunky your ugly and we still like you around these parts
Don't hate me because I am beautiful..