Inspire 1 Owner's Thread - First Page has Support Information and FAQ's - Page 3 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 07, 2014, 08:29 AM
Gorilla Drone
anyone noticed that DJI uploaded the same video it did yesterday in the A.M (eastern time) again at night (eastern time) and removed the original and the one from the morning. The only one up is the one they uploaded late last night(eastern time). Cant tell any differences.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 07, 2014, 09:58 AM
Gaftopher
Aha so this is where the folks that really know are!
Nov 07, 2014, 10:00 AM
Cinematographer
Inspire has twin ultrasonic onboard sensors. Gimbal is capable of 320 degree rotation.
Last edited by Burntpixel; Nov 07, 2014 at 10:33 AM. Reason: information
Nov 07, 2014, 10:04 AM
Gaftopher
Oh like the Bebop almost. I wonder if it weighs less than 1kg
Nov 07, 2014, 10:04 AM
The first thing I noticed was that F550 with what looks like dual A2's from the large GPS puck. I care more about that offering than I do about the DJI Inspire. Gopro type footage is great for the masses and I am sure 99% out there will buy it. I am more interested in FC redundancy to fly my Red or a Canon C500.

Where is the info on that Ed?!
Nov 07, 2014, 10:08 AM
Cinematographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickr1977
Gopro type footage is great for the masses and I am sure 99% out there will buy it.
Inspire has a camera with a flat field lens. No more fisheye effect! Also works with IPad.
Nov 07, 2014, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntpixel
Inspire has a camera with a flat field lens. No more fisheye effect! Also works with IPad.
where are you getting your info dude?
Nov 07, 2014, 10:17 AM
I changed my GoPro lense myself and got rid of the fisheye effect the day after I got my H3-3D. I would be surprised if the camera is not similar to the Vision + camera and they just changed the lens out. I will say that it is supposed to shoot 4k which should be interesting.

My wild shot guess, is that Gopro has designed the camera internals for them. Would only make sense since they have the market share.

Now you might ask, well won't that cannibilize the H3-3D market? I would not think so. People are still going to fly modified Go-Pro cameras, and their is still a gimbal that is needed for it. Also, not everyone wants a "all-in-one" type of machine. After doing this for a while, I don't ever buy all in one systems anymore. I would rather customize things exactly how I want them, and be able to part things out how I want.

Either way, I could still buy the Inspire if it is an easy travel unit or something like that. Just depends on the niche that I think it personally fills.
Nov 07, 2014, 10:19 AM
Gaftopher
Pixhawk can use duel GPS and has terrain avoidance ;-)
Nov 07, 2014, 10:21 AM
DJI Support - 107 Certified
My account has not been hacked but I have been having fun reading your comments and speculations. Oliver, I love your version of the Inspire. The 12th is only 5 more days away. It will be here before you know it. ;-)
Nov 07, 2014, 10:22 AM
Cinematographer

Quote:
The new gimbal is smaller than the H33D.
Quote:
Gimbal can pan approx. 320 degrees. DOES NOT continuously turn 360. Can control IRYA
Last edited by Burntpixel; Nov 07, 2014 at 10:32 AM. Reason: information
Nov 07, 2014, 10:26 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed
My account has not been hacked but I have been having fun reading your comments and speculations. Oliver, I love your version of the Inspire. The 12th is only 5 more days away. It will be here before you know it. ;-)
Is this going to be competitive with the Align models ~$2K range?
Nov 07, 2014, 10:33 AM
Now I'm getting utterly confused as to what's been pre-announced, what's been leaked, and what's idle speculation. In any case, subbed. This is gonna be a really interesting flyer.
Nov 07, 2014, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickr1977
The first thing I noticed was that F550 with what looks like dual A2's from the large GPS puck. I care more about that offering than I do about the DJI Inspire. Gopro type footage is great for the masses and I am sure 99% out there will buy it. I am more interested in FC redundancy to fly my Red or a Canon C500.

Where is the info on that Ed?!
I think if you want a Drone for the RED or Canon, go with the ALIGN m690L
Nov 07, 2014, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfan
Is this going to be competitive with the Align models ~$2K range?
I can not image they designed the inspire against a 800mm Copter, the align is not RTF and its a heavy copter, the weight goes beyond the 5kg limit with a small DSRL. I think the inspire is targeted against other RTF copters like the Tali500. I would guess like 2000 dollar or so