Nov 15, 2014, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the Fish
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk
Maybe this has been asked, but this thread just warps forwards..

Is there any kind of data logging of the esc's, flight controller, etc like with iOSD Mark II ?
The App logs your flight path and where you took pictures etc, but I see no evidence of other flight data you asking about.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 15, 2014, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the Fish
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaterPin
Will we be able to put a thermal camera on it?
That was mentioned as possible future option. Right now the answer is no.
Nov 15, 2014, 10:39 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulboys
Major deal breaker if this is the pricing DJI is going with for the lower mah battery.
Nov 15, 2014, 10:40 AM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaterPin
Will we be able to put a thermal camera on it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed
That was mentioned as possible future option. Right now the answer is no.
"The future of possible"

I think it will happen, and probably sooner rather than later.
Nov 15, 2014, 10:42 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJI Propulsion
I do not know the exat number, but 500$ is definetely wrong. The price will be very reasonable.
I hope so. Why no pricing for spare batteries and props? These are basic items that need to be budgeted for.
Nov 15, 2014, 10:43 AM
DWA
DWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntpixel
Major deal breaker if this is the pricing DJI is going with for the lower mah battery.
No way, I'm sure it will be much lower. Just like Dr. Turbo said.
Nov 15, 2014, 10:51 AM
Oopss. Oh well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony
Now even Amazon is an approved DJI dealer and Amazon allows people to setup partner websites that redirect back to Amazon when customers add an item to the cart.
Right now I have to spend money on an attorney because someone is using my Rc-Drones name and selling through Amazon but the CS number is Amazons.
Now what happens when they buy a DJI product and says Rc-Drones has bad CS?
https://www.rcdrones.com/product-cat...opters-drones/
Well, its already on Hobbyking too.

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...is_Gimbal.html
Nov 15, 2014, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Wow, that is crazy! $499 for a 6s 4900 mAh battery...!? Could be though, that the guy is just milking it right now...?

G
Oopss. Oh well.
removed
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWA
No way, I'm sure it will be much lower. Just like Dr. Turbo said.
I'd like to drop the hammer on this quad,but as it is a business decision I can't until the basic support items (Props/Batteries) are known.

We know what the craft costs. We know what the second operator TX costs. Batteries and props??? Weird business model for sure.
Nov 15, 2014, 10:56 AM
My guess is that the $499 batts is someone getting 5 Inspire kits and stripping the OEM batts to sell separately, then getting new ones for the actual cost as they become available from DJI. If the aftermarket DJI batts are $249, he just made $1250.
Nov 15, 2014, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike
No, ultrasonic freq and optical.

For the Phantom we were warned to never go near the thing with a magnetic-tipped screwdriver. And here, along with your surgical dissection tools, you have a whopping gigantic magnet in your magnetic parts tray sitting right next to your Inspire.

That leads to the question, where is the GPS antenna and compass located in the Inspire?
Nov 15, 2014, 11:04 AM
Quote:
This is a perfect example of the problem with so many sellers selling DJI products who should not be selling them.
Lets say the battery is only $300(I have no idea of the price).
Now you have potential Inspire customers who might not purchase an Inspire thinking the battery will really cost $500.
They might buy another brand multicopter and once they find out the real price of the battery it is too late.
Nov 15, 2014, 11:10 AM
DWA
DWA
Quote:
I'd like to drop the hammer on this quad,but as it is a business decision I can't until the basic support items (Props/Batteries) are known.

We know what the craft costs. We know what the second operator TX costs. Batteries and props??? Weird business model for sure.
Yeah, that is true, it would be good to know the prices.

This an expensive quad. And whenever I buy something to fly for my business I always buy it knowing there is a possibility it could crash , be destroyed, or could be lost in the ocean, and then I will have to buy a replacement.
So when I ask if I myself if I can afford it, I really ask myself if I can afford two of them before I buy.
In fact the right way to do it is to buy two right from the get-go, because you should always have a backup on hand at the job site!!!(That is much easier done with the Phantom price point)

So now if we buy two were talking some serious money here. So maybe DJI isn't releasing pricing on props & batteries because they figure if you have to ask you can't afford it. Ha ha... I doubt that's the reason, just kidding around.
Last edited by DWA; Nov 15, 2014 at 11:15 AM.
Nov 15, 2014, 11:20 AM
Critic at Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony
This is a perfect example of the problem with so many sellers selling DJI products who should not be selling them.
Lets say the battery is only $300(I have no idea of the price).
Now you have potential Inspire customers who might not purchase an Inspire thinking the battery will really cost $500.
They might buy another brand multicopter and once they find out the real price of the battery it is too late.
You can't protect people from themselves, that's for sure.

This is true with every product made these days. You can even buy my little books at 4X the price on Amazon - the same site that sells them for the regular price!

Such is life. I'll bet your lawyer fees end up being MUCH more than any retained sales...trademark and copyright litigation is the Sport of Kings.

I learned many of these lessons in the school of hard knocks..was in retail, importing and manufacturing for 25+ years!

Quick Reply