Feb 03, 2015, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acoll123
I started a thread on Inspire 1 Pilots about this: http://www.inspirepilots.com/threads...-aperture.432/

It appears to be a problem with apple software interpreting the DNG files. The stuck pixels do not show up when you open I1 DNG files in Adobe and other imaging software.

If I am wrong and this is a hardware problem, I would like to know.
You are wrong, i have tested with apple software and adobe software, in windows and ios. they showed up everywhere.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 03, 2015, 10:09 AM
This is mighty useful! Thank you for sharing. My moverio was just collecting dust until now. The only thing I am worried about is interference because of the wifi. What are your findings? So you experienced no interference. That's hopeful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by langwood
You guys might find this useful. Notes created by my son Matthew.

As requested by pilots round the world over the last 48 hours, I've produced a document showing how to use Epson Moverio BT-200 Glasses with the DJI Pilot app on Android devices.

Link: https://mctague.nz/dl/MoverioGlassesWithDJIPilot.pdf

As WiFi Direct is not supported by Apple iOS, this guide does not apply to Apple devices.

This is meant to be a guide rather than an exact step by step tutorial - adapt this to your own situation.

Feel free to take a look and let me know your thoughts.
Last edited by pete7feet; Feb 03, 2015 at 10:30 AM. Reason: You already answered
Feb 03, 2015, 10:14 AM
Tweaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by spjlj1
I just did an experiment. Using an amp meter from a 120v source. The charger, charging a TB47 at 40% charge draws just under 1 amp. The tx at 50% charge alone draws .4 amp. However when both are connected to the same charger, the draw remains at just under 1 amp. Is it because the max output from the charger has been reached?
I do charge both at the same time often. The charger gets hot even with just the TB47 and I don't notice the difference when the tx is charged together with the tb47. It's just hot.

Maybe someone here with electrical knowledge and skill can explain this? Next experiment will be to measure the temp in both scenarios. But that will need to wait until I can borrow a heat sensor from work.
You hit the nail on the head there. The charger is a constant voltage unit with a max current of 4A, just like the Phantom chargers. So when you connect up a pack, it will charge at a maximum of 4A when the battery is almost empty and then taper down to zero when full. Connecting the TX basically in parallel with the TB47 can draw no more than the limit or 4A from the charger, and your meter proves that.

The time to charge both will be slower, at least initially. The charger may be running at its 4A max for longer, especially with a TB48 as it's capacity is probably close to a TB47 & TX.

Lastly, unless there are diodes in the harness (doubtful), there can be current flow between the TX and Model battery when they are connected, if there is a significant difference in their charge state. e.g. empty TB47 and close to full TX, current may flow from TX to TB47 for a bit, not sure how high a current flow is possible.

So, yea, it sounds probably OK to do, but DJI suggests that you don't in the manual so it's your call in the end. I ordered a couple of extra chargers.
Feb 03, 2015, 10:19 AM
oops... did you see that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sublimept
You are wrong, i have tested with apple software and adobe software, in windows and ios. they showed up everywhere.
Same here, I don't use anything but Adobe and they show up there. It appears to be from the sensor.
Feb 03, 2015, 10:22 AM
I recon it wouldn't be long before we see a bigger lawsuit against DJI in the "land of opportunities"
Feb 03, 2015, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euan Williamson
Just wanted to have the first post on the 1000th page.!!

Missed it!!

( very childish I know )
At least it's gone to a celt.
Feb 03, 2015, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freff
At least it's gone to a celt.
You can't lose them all!
Feb 03, 2015, 10:41 AM
Messing around with Premiere Pro CC

Inspire 1 Color Test (1 min 4 sec)

Which colors do you like the best?
Feb 03, 2015, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUCD VPR
Because TAHOE ED kept dancing around the forced auto update question. When asked by another member directly if it was forced, he simply replied "I always update to the latest firmware"....

So I am trying to let potential buyers know that updates are Forced on the owner.

I never signed up for the forced updates and I do not agree with it, nowhere did it state this was being done when we all purchased these I1's in the beginning.

Now that I bought it, DJI can choose to do as they wish without testing new FW and thus throwing out crappy FW updates that have known issues. This is my problem.

I cannot believe the kool aid drinkers who are ok with being forced to update a product you purchased without agreeing to that. FW updates that are force pushed and not even beta tested prior. The word sheep comes to mind. DJI did not force users to update on the Phantom platforms so again this is new and DJI isn't talking about it, they just hope you keep quite and accept it so they can do as they please with our rigs that we paid for. Unsat....
No don't get me wrong I agree it's not right, but I realized first and foremost DJI is not an American made or based company and beside for the import export laws they can do whatever they want with there products, buy beware. What I do find strange is for the first three day you were in love and happy as flying pigs (knowing that this was coming) and now you are at the point of picketing DJI for the grave injustice. As another member pointed out DJI should have the same statements like Apple, Microsoft, etc have stating they can put out or force users to upgrade /update or hardware will or can be unusable it would be more professional but at the end of the day won't change the sour taste left behind. So even if they make it perfectly clear its still going to sting a little especially if it causes issues in flight or camera performance.
Feb 03, 2015, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUCD VPR
Because TAHOE ED kept dancing around the forced auto update question. When asked by another member directly if it was forced, he simply replied "I always update to the latest firmware"....

So I am trying to let potential buyers know that updates are Forced on the owner.

I never signed up for the forced updates and I do not agree with it, nowhere did it state this was being done when we all purchased these I1's in the beginning.

Now that I bought it, DJI can choose to do as they wish without testing new FW and thus throwing out crappy FW updates that have known issues. This is my problem.

I cannot believe the kool aid drinkers who are ok with being forced to update a product you purchased without agreeing to that. FW updates that are force pushed and not even beta tested prior. The word sheep comes to mind. DJI did not force users to update on the Phantom platforms so again this is new and DJI isn't talking about it, they just hope you keep quite and accept it so they can do as they please with our rigs that we paid for. Unsat....
Who ever said ALL updates will be a forced, update?

Let's not jump to conclusions, cool?
Feb 03, 2015, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab
They could be opening themselves to liability issues with these zones as well...

http://dianamarinacooper.com/2015/02...-no-fly-zones/
Users manual and other documentation clearly states DJI excepts no liability for how you operate or use you're inspire outside of a clear open space with no people and property to damage. Very vague but I'm sure legally it will get the job done for a foreign based company. With Billions of apples money tied up in there banks I might add
Feb 03, 2015, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike
Who ever said all updates will be a forced, update?

Let's not jump to conclusions, cool?
How would the drone know there is an update if you dont hook your tablet up to wifi and launch the app?
Feb 03, 2015, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by agarabaghi
How would the drone know there is an update if you dont hook your tablet up to wifi and launch the app?
It wouldn't
Feb 03, 2015, 11:03 AM
oh, one thing i noticed, when recording video, does it not let u snap a still by pressing the button?
Feb 03, 2015, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sublimept
Read the posts on Inspire 1 Pilots site - other people (including me) of are having different experiences than you.

Quick Reply