Thanks for the Fish
Thread OP
Announce

Inspire 1 Owner's Thread - First Page has Support Information and FAQ's

Inspire lens profile: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=20853

Using LOG: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=14715

Inspire FAQ's: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2329591

Red LED on upgrade: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=29588

Thank you to Iancresswell for compiling this information and the other users that keep it up to date.

DJI is happy to announce 24/7 technical support for Inspire 1 customers. If you have any questions or concerns about your Inspire 1 please contact DJI anytime, in English or Chinese, starting from 9:00am, January 5, 2015 (GMT+8). The service extension to other product lines is under evaluation. You can reach us by:

1. Live Chat at: http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1

Simply click the “Live Chat” button and leave your name, phone number, location, product Serial Number, and a brief description of your issue. Our service team will respond within one hour.

2. E-mail to: Inspire1@dji.com

Send an e-mail containing your name, phone number, location, product Serial Number and brief description of your issue. Our service team will contact you within one hour.

3. DJI regional offices during local working hours:

North America
Call +1 (818) 235-0789, Mon-Fri 9:00am - 5:00pm PST, or e-mail us.support@dji.com

EU Member Countries
Call +49 (0) 9747-9304200, Mon-Fri 9:00am - 5:00pm Central Europe time, or e-mail support.europe@dji.com

Japan
E-mail support.jp@dji.com.

We are ready to serve you and answer any questions you may have about your Inspire 1.

DJI
Last edited by Tahoe Ed; Apr 19, 2015 at 10:52 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 07, 2014, 12:46 AM
Leaked photo
Nov 07, 2014, 01:08 AM
Smashing Planes since 1982
Very exciting concept!!! Can't wait to see how it functions. Looks like the mechanisms are designed similar to the DJI landing gear, very strong with tight tolerances.

My question is, why is no one noticing the dual flight controller hexa in the background? If FC redundancy is what is happening in that photo, say hello to possible FAA endorsement for commercial DJI copters.
Last edited by Tahoe Jmfc; Nov 07, 2014 at 01:14 AM.
Nov 07, 2014, 01:16 AM
Thanks for the Fish
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AerialMG
Leaked photo
Last edited by Tahoe Ed; Nov 07, 2014 at 11:43 AM.
Nov 07, 2014, 01:18 AM
Thanks for the Fish
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Jmfc
Very exciting concept!!! Can't wait to see how it functions. Looks like the mechanisms are designed similar to the DJI landing gear, very strong with tight tolerances.

My question is, why is no one noticing the dual flight controller hexa in the background? If FC redundancy is what is happening in that photo, say hello to possible FAA endorsement for commercial DJI copters.
It required you to make that observation. Nice catch. I have no comment on it though.
Nov 07, 2014, 01:32 AM
www.flycamera.de
Notice the two antennas on the rx. Just like on the lightbridge Module. Guess it has built in Bluetooth connection to work with all iOS and android devices.

Look at the other guy having an ipad in his transparent grey bag.

Nice. But proprietary. Bye bye t14sg and other rx.
Dji accelerates on the Apple-ish path.

The hex in the pic also seem to Carry a new Kind of gimbal.
Look for the Silver box in the Upper left direction of the hex.

the clearance beneath the Central Body in landed position does not seem to carry more than a gopro or dji-only cam.
Bye bye SONY rxIII or other cam options. Hope i am wrong.

Motor size seem to Match the Common phantom motor size.
Looks not like e800.

Esc seems to be Right beneath the motors. Just like the s Series.

Like the Overall Design.
Looks more mature than phantom Series.
Last edited by Nordcopter; Nov 07, 2014 at 02:37 AM.
Nov 07, 2014, 01:37 AM
That thing looks amazing. I am sure its technology and functionality is just as amazing. I can't wait to slide over the Dollars for it.
Nov 07, 2014, 01:43 AM
Lethargic Nincompoop
That thing looks ugly to me but beauty is in the eye of the beholder . Now the TX i am interested in if it is cross platform/FC.

Wheres the long awaited dropsafe at?
Nov 07, 2014, 02:04 AM
Some additional photos
Nov 07, 2014, 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunky
That thing looks ugly to me but beauty is in the eye of the beholder . Now the TX i am interested in if it is cross platform/FC.

Wheres the long awaited dropsafe at?
Skunky your ugly and we still like you around these parts

I think that it is a very cool concept and for some reason it just looks fast too me because of the reduced surface area
Nov 07, 2014, 02:31 AM
Knowledge prevents flyaways
Can't get much simpler than a T bar for the arms. Nice / simple / great design! Well done DJI! Looks amazing.
Nov 07, 2014, 02:39 AM
Knowledge prevents flyaways
There also looks to be a lot of kit squeezed into that canopy. A new flight controller with follow me function and maybe some avoidance sensors would totally wipe out all the new Kickstarter machines being designed at the moment.
Nov 07, 2014, 03:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Jmfc
Some additional photos
That thing isn't going to win any beauty contests. I hate the proprietary radio idea.
Nov 07, 2014, 04:26 AM
INAV
Another leaked photo !

Nov 07, 2014, 04:57 AM
Artic jetflyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by AerialMG
Leaked photo
Could those photos be leaked on purpose to throw us off now that the mechanics are known because someone found the patent?

It looks like a prototype to me. The bare mechanics. I was expecting DJI to come up with something that looked better. Could it be that when it releases it will have a shell around the booms?

The photos in the teaser vid shows more profiles than I can see in in these leaked photos.

I also hope the boom structure will be rigid enough to not have unwanted vibrations.

Quick Reply