May 05, 2004, 07:30 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP

How much is this worth? Selling my beautiful Bipe

I am getting rid of my Super Skybolt so that I can replace it with another electric plane. This took me about 6 months to build, and I put all of my blood sweat and tears into it This has never been flown, and I have a brand new unpainted fiberglass cowl so that you can put whatever engine you would want into it. The only thing wrong with it is about a 2 inch long tear in the bottom wing covering on the bottom of the plane (easily fixed). How much do you think I can get for this? It has 4 Futaba 3001 servo's and a 7 channel Futaba FM receiver in it. Both the rudder and elevator are set up for pull/pull. I really dont want to ship it anywhere, so I am going to go to a local flying field with a "For Sale" sign. Thanks for your input! I live in the Houston area if anyone is interested!!

to remove ads between posts
May 05, 2004, 07:39 PM
Lookin' Good. Real Good.
It's glow. Worthless. Send to me.

Lol, j/k

I think...servos and rx - 100 dollars.

Cowl - 5

Plane, along with blood, sweat and tears - 150?

So around 275 - 300 is my guess.
May 05, 2004, 07:40 PM
Lookin' Good. Real Good.
Beautiful plane, BTW...WHY ARE YOU GETTING RID OF IT!?!?
May 05, 2004, 07:48 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
It's Huge, it needs a Saito 100-120, and you need a big flying field for it. I have fallen in love with my electrics and I want a new one!
As for the initial prices:

Kit: $130
Supplies $50-70
Cowl $40
Receiver/servo's $100
My blood $priceless!

I would not mind taking a loss on this......if I could get $300 I'd be very happy
May 05, 2004, 09:53 PM
Frequent flyer
i would say you should be able to get $400-$500 out of that, $300 bare without the electronics. Big planes aren't cheap! (if houston wasn't such a long road trip I would consider it myself!)
May 05, 2004, 10:11 PM
You keep the servos and receiver and I will give you $100 for the airframe and pick it up. I think I recognize your electric plane, were you at the soccer fields in Kingwood a couple of weeks ago?
May 05, 2004, 10:47 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Yes! that was me Oh Cmon, that Taylorcraft must have cost a fortune! This plane is worth more than $100. BTW, congrats on that huge monster, it looked great!
Last edited by tmproff; May 05, 2004 at 10:59 PM.
May 05, 2004, 11:02 PM
I know, I have one. Just popping off and leaving a post for the drawing. I am the guy that had the big Taylorcraft and the profile extra. I think you should keep the Skybolt. The soccer fields perfect for it.
May 05, 2004, 11:05 PM
Thanks for the congrats. I hope to break in my new Funtana this weekend. Maybe Friday or Saturday after 6 or Sunday before I have to go to my inlaws.
May 05, 2004, 11:13 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
I would really love to sell off my gassers and go totally electric. If this one sells, I might think about selling my Seduction Freestyle Ono Special
May 05, 2004, 11:19 PM
Well good luck with the sale. $250 is a very fair price for that plane. You might have pretty decent luck if you try and sell it on consignment at a local shop. Larry's Hobbies at 1960 and I-45 gets quite a bit of traffic and I think that they would display it for you. If not you might try Mike's Hobby Shop in Porter.
May 05, 2004, 11:30 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
I went to Larry's on Tuesday and they offered to put it up for me. I think I'm going to try to take it to Jetero this Saturday first and see if anyone there is interested. BTW, here is my Seduction:

Last edited by tmproff; May 05, 2004 at 11:32 PM.

Quick Reply