Nov 23, 2014, 07:08 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdyjoe
Let me be clear, I'm not speaking for the seller but, I have personally seen the demo bird fly. There is no hype in what has been reported about the performance of this plane.
You can put any fan/motor/battery combo in it you think will work. This is a ARF, not an PNP/receiver ready bird. Put in it what YOU want. That's what I'll do when the time comes.

I'm not involved in the contest and have no idea what it's about. However, it appears you know something about it and I think you're trying to get someone to spill the beans. Good luck.

RJ
What contest? I just read that they didn't want to share. What's the contest? Last I checked, Horizon doesn't release a new plane and tell customers to put in it what they want, they give suggestions as to what will work.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 23, 2014, 07:15 PM
I'm guessing the contest is to see how many suckers you can sign up to buy a plane with no information? Did I get it?
Nov 23, 2014, 07:22 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris True
I'm guessing the contest is to see how many suckers you can sign up to buy a plane with no information? Did I get it?
Ah, I thank you for that. Sounds like the contest actually might hurt the sales of this plane instead of helping.
Nov 23, 2014, 07:55 PM
Nose down, you're gonna stall
Begone Urso.

Unless your name is Urso, this comment does not apply to you.
Last edited by rowdyjoe; Nov 24, 2014 at 11:21 AM.
Nov 23, 2014, 08:20 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdyjoe
Ahhhh, a couple of idiot trolls. Begone Urso.
How do you figure either of those? Idiots? Trolls?
Nov 23, 2014, 08:32 PM
Mile High EDF
I'm going to agree with the questions being asked here , not trolling .

I've asked about retracts as well and not had a clear answer , one would ask themselves why hide these things ? I need to know what the auw should be and some recommended components , how big of retracts can be put in ? Why have a contest ? How about an actual release date with some detailed pictures and weights ? I'm interested in this jet , but I'm well aware that the quality of this plane is probably on par with hobbyking , it looks just like a blown up version of the 90mm that they sell and I have.

In conclusion , please provide info on recommended setups and pics of all areas of plane , looks like the fuselage comes in 2 pieces ? Makes it hard to get my hard earned cash for a product that doesn't provide enough info.

My 2 cents
Nov 23, 2014, 10:41 PM
wannabe Jet guy
I am going to jump on this bandwagon too. I asked for pictures of the kit and so far we have been shown an elevator and motor mount, mind you not a complete one. I want to know what it uses for spars, what parts need to be done by the builder and how it comes basically in the box. What hardware, you know what ALL other build threads have. I called the vendor directly too and I was told the Contest is to have people guess at how many watts and how much it weighted during the test flight. OK, I will wait for the information. I love Viper Jets and I am ready to buy this one as soon as I get the details.

It has been 20 days since I asked for pictures. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...77&postcount=3 I realize the builder can do this at his convenience but the vendor could also post the info on the other thread.

Ralph
Nov 23, 2014, 11:11 PM
High Voltage
Thread OP
Sorry guys life has gotten in the way...

I was supposed to be done with the build thread before any of the contest questions were put forth on the website so a black Friday discount could be given but I've been slowed by events out of my hands...

e could you take over from here?

Here's some pics of the rudder

The retracts are Freewing version of the PZ 504s... I think that spills the beans on the weight contest more than EDFH would like though...
Nov 23, 2014, 11:30 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhf23
Sorry guys life has gotten in the way...

I was supposed to be done with the build thread before any of the contest questions were put forth on the website so a black Friday discount could be given but I've been slowed by events out of my hands...

e could you take over from here?

Here's some pics of the rudder

The retracts are Freewing version of the PZ 504s... I think that spills the beans on the weight contest more than EDFH would like though...
I appreciate the info. I'm not really a contest guy so I could care a less about it, but I'm sure others might. I'm only interested in knowing whats needed before I start spending my money. Thanks for what you have shown. Look forward to perhaps more info on the power setup, weight, ya know, the usual you get out of a build log.
Nov 24, 2014, 12:45 AM
No sweat man, I'll take it from here... I've got enough pics I hope...

There are clues to fan setup in the flight video and this thread... I hope that helps with the power setup

I thought I saw a manual on the website

The retracts are the PZ 514s free wing version but don't let that fool you... the plane does weigh more than 10.2 lbs...

The manufacture is recommending not going over 150mph but that seems like a common disclaimer... The speeds during the flying event were in the 115- high 120s... depending on how I kept the elevator

Link to manual

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byj...ew?usp=sharing
Last edited by erh7771; Nov 24, 2014 at 12:51 AM.
Nov 24, 2014, 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris True
The specs for the plane are in the first post...

I do not agree that NO information has been given...

I think I should post more of the parts pics though...

Like D said earlier ... the hardware is ok... I would only trust thread 40 size linkages on big jets...

On the power system ... the packs came down measured 3.74 soon after taxi back... it's in the video..

They are the LPBPower 65c pack and an A-Spec... I've had people take the LPB Powers down to 2.95 under load and able to recharge them again with no puff or popped cells.

.. really beat them up so there's no doubt there was more minutes of flying on the pack...

P.S everyone.... Don't take your packs down to 2.95 under load... that's really abusing them...
Last edited by erh7771; Nov 24, 2014 at 01:36 AM.
Nov 24, 2014, 11:08 AM
wannabe Jet guy

Servos

I trust and use the emax servos for my smaller foamies that are 90MM or below if they have a small control surface. One example of that would be the L-39 elevator half. On the manual they placed some 9 Gram (24 inch ounces) analog, plastic gear servos on the wing and flap. My Personal choice, but I would never use such a thing on a large surface or a large plane like this.

Below is the servo used on the manual.

http://www.emaxmodel.com/views.asp?hw_id=6

Ralph
Last edited by CRCJA; Nov 24, 2014 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Spelling
Nov 24, 2014, 11:35 AM
Nose down, you're gonna stall
I wouldn't use those on anything but, a 50mm foamy. Too small with plastic gears.
However, those shown in the pictures above are a good choice for an analog servo. Considering the control surface size and throws involved, the HS645MG at 133oz in. torque @6v do the job nicely. I have used them in large, heavy, gas powered planes and they do very well ...never a failure and the cost is very reasonable.

RJ
Nov 24, 2014, 02:42 PM
California Style
133oz/torq ? does this plane do 3D also ?
Nov 24, 2014, 08:18 PM
Great question but a 21 ounce in. servo?

This is a somewhat large model is it not? I use 21 ounce torque servos for DLG's

Something seems to be amiss.

Quick Reply