Nov 08, 2014, 06:35 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam51401
I Want One!!!!! I need one for a home to my ETurbax 12s setup. Very nice ...........so where and when do i send my hard earned money???????

email sent asking on shipping cost! What retracts are being considered for this?
Me too
to remove ads between posts
Nov 12, 2014, 04:33 PM
High Voltage
Thread OP
Ok... gotta finish this thing, looks like edfhobbies.com will have them in stock by the end of the week...

This thing goes together pretty easy... no frills...

Wing hinges .... I prefer to pin these with tooth pics.... (drill 1/8" on both ends of the hinge, stick tooth picks in them... soak the tooth picks with thin CA and the hinge area too.)

Feetch wing Servos... I glued mine just a habbit... screws look like the do the J O B

Coronas go in the main wings
Last edited by dhf23; Nov 12, 2014 at 04:43 PM.
Nov 12, 2014, 04:50 PM
High Voltage
Thread OP
Ok, because the thrust tube is pretty much glued to the tail (see 3rd pic) I ran the twin elevator wires through the tail holes first then taped them so they wouldn't come out...

Standing up I held the jet up by it's tail so the wires would fall through so I didn't have to stick my big hands through the fuse... done...

Hook the other elevator female lead of the elevator y cable over to the other side and your done with that.

The instruction manual says glue the elevators on... along with the rudder... I would also sand along the edges with sand paper for a better fit... use 8min epoxy
Nov 12, 2014, 04:59 PM
High Voltage
Thread OP

Fan motor Install tips....

You have to take away 1/8-ish inch away for each side of the motor mounts to put the Change Sun 120mm 12blade fan in ... no biggee ... just not a lot of space to work...

The jet comes with a thrust tube "built in" so on the bottom of the thrust tube there's a piece that fits over the back of the fan... and nicely wedges into the rest of the thrust tube...

Wish I took more pics of it.... but you can get contrast between the two photos...

erh used an intake lip on the CS 120 fan... and the whole intake lips was able to fit inside of the built in intake tubes of the jet.... so that area is pretty big
Nov 16, 2014, 12:18 PM
California Style
subd
Nov 19, 2014, 12:11 PM
High Voltage
Thread OP
These are erh's pics on battery placement... big cavity ...

I'll take pics of landing gear later...
Nov 21, 2014, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhf23
These are erh's pics on battery placement... big cavity ...

I'll take pics of landing gear later...
What gear are you planning to use?
Nov 23, 2014, 06:40 AM
I'm going to fit the gear doors on mine and use the Gear from the Super Viper (hint on weight) .. or some of the gear I had from the F15 from last year...

I was looking at the SM Viper and liked the tall stance on it...

What rudder servo did you use?
Nov 23, 2014, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erh7771
I'm going to fit the gear doors on mine and use the Gear from the Super Viper (hint on weight) .. or some of the gear I had from the F15 from last year...

I was looking at the SM Viper and liked the tall stance on it...

What rudder servo did you use?
I used the HK HXT MG16. TGY S712G on Ail and elevator. HTX 12 on the flaps.
Nov 23, 2014, 02:46 PM
Nose down, you're gonna stall
Dang Dave, you're not letting any grass grow under your wings. When is the first flight?

Be sure to record and post it here.

Garry
Thunderbirds

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVE GRABEN
I used the HK HXT MG16. TGY S712G on Ail and elevator. HTX 12 on the flaps.
Nov 23, 2014, 02:58 PM
DHF23

Thanks for the build video. It will be very useful when I'm able to pick one of these up.

RJ
Nov 23, 2014, 05:17 PM
Hawk Fanatic
So what motor and fan and cell count are we to use in this?
Nov 23, 2014, 05:54 PM
Buyer's choice? I hear the demo bird has a very nice CS120mm fan set up. There are many others on the market to choose from.
I heard 12s to 14s battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineFlyer
So what motor and fan and cell count are we to use in this?
Nov 23, 2014, 06:23 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdyjoe
Buyer's choice? I hear the demo bird has a very nice CS120mm fan set up. There are many others on the market to choose from.
I heard 12s to 14s battery.
So us as customers are left guessing because these guys want to keep it a secret? What kind of sales tactic is this?
Nov 23, 2014, 06:52 PM
Let me be clear, I'm not speaking for the seller but, I have personally seen the demo bird fly. There is no hype in what has been reported about the performance of this plane.
You can put any fan/motor/battery combo in it you think will work. This is a ARF, not an PNP/receiver ready bird. Put in it what YOU want. That's what I'll do when the time comes.

I'm not involved in the contest and have no idea what it's about. However, it appears you know something about it and I think you're trying to get someone to spill the beans. Good luck.

RJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineFlyer
So us as customers are left guessing because these guys want to keep it a secret? What kind of sales tactic is this?

Quick Reply