Thread Tools
Nov 03, 2014, 10:55 AM
High Voltage
dhf23's Avatar
Thread OP
Build Log

TB EDF Ultra Viper 85" Wingspan Build Thread (from EDFHobbies.com)


Going to do a build log on this jet...

it does change the game some when it comes to large edf power, size, price... etc... so I think its note worthy ....

EDFHobbies is having a contest on some of the stats of the jet so I'm not going to post everything about the power system (which you can guess which one it is easy), weight.. etc etc..

Goes together easy... just take your assembly skills from the rest of the jets you've built and apply here.

Didn't like the hardware (who ever does?) so swapped that out ... here are some pics to get things started... all metal flat wing servos are from EDFH... good price... beats hobby king

Here are the pics of the elevator servo install

Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 03, 2014, 11:05 AM
Registered User
erh7771's Avatar
Subd
Nov 03, 2014, 02:10 PM
wannabe Jet guy
CRCJA's Avatar

Pics


Do you have pictures of the kit or are you still waiting to get your hands on one too? Would like to see kit lay-out, Spars, doors etc

Ralph
Nov 03, 2014, 02:22 PM
I like Runnnnnning
Forrest Gump 23's Avatar

UltraViper kit


see pic
Nov 04, 2014, 05:58 AM
High Voltage
dhf23's Avatar
Thread OP

Back to front assembly


Got elevator servos from EDFH also... decent price and true "getting it out the door" toughness ...

The control horns that came with the kit are ok... decided to use em
Nov 05, 2014, 12:02 AM
I like Runnnnnning
Forrest Gump 23's Avatar

Just as I was trying to get out of the hobby, This Jet pulled me back in


Subscribed!!!
Nov 05, 2014, 12:10 AM
C.E.R.N. field tester
supercollider's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by erh7771
Subd
Thanks for the link
Nov 05, 2014, 08:47 AM
Fly more Foam
sam51401's Avatar
I Want One!!!!! I need one for a home to my ETurbax 12s setup. Very nice ...........so where and when do i send my hard earned money???????


email sent asking on shipping cost! What retracts are being considered for this?
Nov 05, 2014, 10:59 AM
Registered User
erh7771's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam51401
I Want One!!!!! I need one for a home to my ETurbax 12s setup. Very nice ...........so where and when do i send my hard earned money???????


email sent asking on shipping cost! What retracts are being considered for this?
The retracts were small... wont do grass well so I'm being sent some of the retracts from the Super Viper... They're bigger than what was flown even though those retracts REALLY held up well...

In the first video I plopped the model down pretty hard on one gear... the thin CA help up well enough

Also, there's going to be a straight strut retract option with brakes... this thing will need em.... it floats long time

Hopefully the stance will be similar to SM Viper with taller tougher gear

Model needs to be taller IMHO...

It also comes with inner gear doors... and FLG door... I was too impatient to fly so I didn't put mine on...
Last edited by erh7771; Nov 05, 2014 at 11:08 AM.
Nov 05, 2014, 03:04 PM
Fly more Foam
sam51401's Avatar
So 3/16" struts if wire or if Robart struts, 7/16" should hold well.
Whats the expected all up weight projected to be?
Already have a reply back from EDFH and an invoice with tracking number!!!! Said expect them in to EDFH within the week !!
Nov 05, 2014, 03:41 PM
Fly more Foam
sam51401's Avatar
OK, so the weight and watts will be kept secret as is on you the EDFH website. Is this the same size and build as a Skymaster Viper that i have seen other videos of with 120mm setups? If this is, then plenty of useful info can be gained and possibly applied to this plane.

I stand corrected on sizes!
Skymaster is ws 2600mm x 2400 lng
JTM Viper is ws 1840mm x 1700mm lng
EDFH is ws 2100mm x 1840mm lng
Last edited by sam51401; Nov 05, 2014 at 04:27 PM. Reason: sizes added
Nov 05, 2014, 04:44 PM
Registered User
erh7771's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam51401
OK, so the weight and watts will be kept secret as is on you the EDFH website. Is this the same size and build as a Skymaster Viper that i have seen other videos of with 120mm setups? If this is, then plenty of useful info can be gained and possibly applied to this plane.

I stand corrected on sizes!
Skymaster is ws 2600mm x 2400 lng
JTM Viper is ws 1840mm x 1700mm lng
EDFH is ws 2100mm x 1840mm lng
SM has two sizes... the EDFH one is more like the xtreme vs the XL

http://www.skymasterjet.com/xviperjet.htm

Length: 78.5 " (2000mm).
Wingspan: 85.8' (2180mm).included winglets
Radio: min. 8 ~ 13 Servos required
Nov 05, 2014, 06:05 PM
Fly more Foam
sam51401's Avatar
Sounds great that i may have a use for my ETurbax now. I was thinking that SM had one but i second guessed myself thinking of the JTM one. Again plenty of info that could be applied to this size of airframe.
Any chance for pics of the inside and some equipment layout...........without giving away the secret?
Nov 05, 2014, 09:40 PM
Registered User
erh7771's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam51401
Sounds great that i may have a use for my ETurbax now. I was thinking that SM had one but i second guessed myself thinking of the JTM one. Again plenty of info that could be applied to this size of airframe.
Any chance for pics of the inside and some equipment layout...........without giving away the secret?
Yeap, that can be done... I think has the pics
Last edited by erh7771; Nov 07, 2014 at 02:14 PM.
Old Nov 05, 2014, 09:48 PM
porcupine555
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Provocation).


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools