This thread is privately moderated by phil alvirez, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 02, 2014, 08:00 AM
Thread OP
Cool

those were the days...the way life was

what i remember is that i was born in a city. we lived in an apartment downtown. there was electricity and running water, but no refrigerator-still was not invented. neither we had ice box, so we went to the corner store to buy whatever for everyday needs.
the milkman brought milk everyday. we left the empties and he replaced them, and collected the money everynow and then. there was no toilet paper, and that was another reason to buy the newspaper. we had no telephone, so whenever we needed to use it we went to the corner store. but we had radio, and we listened to the news once a day, and other programs with music and entertainment. in the evening just before dinner there was a program for children, with great songs that i still remember. people was nice, and they married before they lived together. and all went to mass. sometimes airplanes flew overhead and that was an exciting experience. school was at walking distance-almost everything, and in case we needed it, city bus was all that we needed. no trafic lights yet. movies sometimes, playing at the park nearby, sometimes to the zoo, that was all about. and all that we needed to be happy.
Last edited by phil alvirez; Nov 02, 2014 at 03:15 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 02, 2014, 08:11 AM
into the wild blue yonder
Boy, times have sure changed....Drone-on...

Quick Reply