Grumman F9F Panther - Page 5 - RC Groups
Jul 07, 2018, 07:06 PM
Jeff--Nice to see you at the scale event this morning!

I just looked online, and found this product, so I ordered it. Since I have to use enamel on my plastic-covered wing, I'll have to use the same enamel on the foam fuse and tail, to keep the colors matched up. The primer seems like it will keep everything safe.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 10, 2018, 11:36 AM

No luck at all today

NO wind today, [the Wind Turbine guys must be morose], and only 82 deg/56 % humidity: Great day to take the Panther out. Two batteries later I was attacked by a swarm of Gnats, Mosquitoes and other flying things; Lost concentration and played Lawn Dart again. Thankfully very little damage except to my exposed skin. Off into the Wild Blue again and was doing fine until I was coming in for a landing and misjudged the landing coming to rest in the tall swamp grass that surrounds our grass strip The grass has cleaned both wings off of the fuse I believe that I need to explore a new wing carry-through structure as I had used a 1/4" ply dihedral brace and BSI 30 min epoxy to attach the wings. I might even use a one-piece KFM 3 wing without any dihedral.
I'll get back to you.
Jul 10, 2018, 12:36 PM
Oarlock--Oh man! The great outdoors!
Jul 10, 2018, 06:47 PM
Jer. 29:11
The struggle is real!
Jul 11, 2018, 01:44 PM
Multirotor Enthusiast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oarlock
Two batteries later I was attacked by a swarm of Gnats, Mosquitoes and other flying things; Lost concentration and played Lawn Dart again. Thankfully very little damage except to my exposed skin.

Three words for you my friend "Deep Woods Off"

I have a spray bottle of that stuff in the trunk and use it when I fly. Otherwise I get attacked by those pesky little black flies. Plus, I can walk into the high weeds to retrieve a errant RC plane without a single tick getting me.
Jul 11, 2018, 04:18 PM
I had about a half pint of "Bug Smoother" on every exposed extremity but sometimes those Iowa river-type bugs will go through Kevlar

Quick Reply