This thread is privately moderated by flyinjrc74, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 31, 2014, 10:47 PM
Fabrication Extraordinaire!
Thread OP
Gallery

Hopped Up Sport Cub S2

I bought this airplane after having the 85" version. The big one was a pain to transport and keep foam from getting beat up so this one got my attention. I flew my brothers before buying it but it didnt have the punch the big one had so I had the remedy in mind before the purchase. I had a new Turnigy motor sitting on the bench fitted to a Turnigy Trust 45A esc. When my S2 arrived it took me about 20 minutes and the power unit was installed(very easy). It can be flown on 3 and 4S lipo. I used the Parkzone Icon A5 three blade prop and spinner. It can be used on the stock motor but if you go to that prop you may want to go up to a 25-30A esc to prevent a fire.

First flight was on a 3S 2200mah. Take off roll was about 2 feet and went like a rocket upstairs. Dont think it will nerd 4S but I have the option if need be. This plane is a blast to fly and looks very good.

I ordered a set of floats for winter flying and just tonight added a new set of Multiplex Fun Cub Tires and I already like it better. If you have been looking at this plane dont hesitate on buying it. It fits in the back seat of a car in one piece, flies on 3S 2200 and has a lot of options like carrying a GoPro, floats, glider tugging and mild to wild aerobatics! Besides that its a Cub...
to remove ads between posts
Oct 31, 2014, 10:55 PM
Fabrication Extraordinaire!
Thread OP
A couple more pics, one with the large Multiplex Fun Cub tires on it.

Quick Reply