Thread Tools
Oct 30, 2014, 03:11 PM
Registered User
Thread OP
New Product

HobbyKing - Turnigy TGY-i6 AFHDS Transmitter and 6CH Receiver


The Turnigy TGY-i6 is a great entry level 6-channel telemetry 2.4ghz computer transmitter that uses solid and reliable Automatic Frequency Hopping Digital System (AFHDS) spread spectrum technology. The Turnigy TGY-i6 has both a nice quality look and feel, while the programming is simple to use. The TGY-i6 also has an impressive list of features and includes a TGY-iA6 6-channel receiver. Suitable for both model Heli and Airplane, the Turnigy TGY-i6 is a superb budget computer radio for both new pilots and experienced pilots alike!

The ultra slim case design ergonomically fits your hands leading to less hand fatigue especially during long flights. Digital trims, backlit LCD screen, and simple programming give the TGY-i6 a modern feel with all the features you want. With a low profile antenna, the TGY-i6 is easy to store and no worries about breaking it. Adjustable length sticks, and a loop for attaching a neck strap round out the list of comfort features this radio offers. For changing flight modes or multiple flap position options, the TGY-i6 has a 3-position switch, as well as two adjustable knobs.

Expand the capabilities of your models or just know what is going on with the optional telemetry receivers and variety of sensors. Normally you would have to spend hundreds of dollars to get a transmitter with this capability. Not so with the availability of the TGY-i6.

For the price, the features the TGY-i6 offers make this one of the best radios available dollar for dollar.

Features:
• Entry level 6 channel 2.4ghz radio with telemetry capability
• Dual Rate/Trims/Gear/Flap/Gyro Gain Adjust/Flight Mode/Throttle Hold/Hover Pitch Switches
• Easy to use Programming & Navigation Buttons
• Supports Heli/Standard Wing/Elevon/V-Tail
• 20 Model Memory
• 8 Character Model Name
• Trainer and charging ports
• Backlit LCD Screen displays real time transmitter and receiver voltage
• 4 Stick Mode Selectable
• Optional telemetry receivers and sensors available separately

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...r_Mode_2_.html
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 30, 2014, 03:39 PM
Registered User
I will get one of these. I hear it will work with the previous FLYSKY receivers. I love my FS-TH9X, but the FS-TX9X is overkill for some of my 2 servo planes. I might have to try telemetry!
Oct 30, 2014, 03:52 PM
Registered User
I don't think it has a timer! Darn it.
Oct 30, 2014, 06:42 PM
Registered User
crazy8s's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlalonde
I don't think it has a timer! Darn it.
What makes you think that? Under the Basic Functions list for the radio in the link above it says 'Timer".
Oct 31, 2014, 06:33 AM
Registered User
Harri Pihl's Avatar
I've got one of these, few comments:
- it's small, thin and light, much smaller the 9x.
- software is very basic, can't find the timer.
- sticks are small and short though feel ok.
- channels 5 and 6 can be assigned to the switches or pot or mixed with other channels.
- there is actually two tx aerials, one sticks on the plastic antenna cover and the other is at 90deg angle inside the handle.
- overall a bit toyish due to size but still rather solid feel when you keep it in hand.
- telemetry shows rx voltage and error rate as percentage (0% means no errors)
Oct 31, 2014, 11:12 AM
Registered User
prefabu's Avatar
So how many different incompatible protocols are used by radios marketed as Turnigy or OrangeRx??
Nov 07, 2014, 12:06 PM
DS will change your life
SpeedsterDEN's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Pihl
I've got one of these, few comments:
- it's small, thin and light, much smaller the 9x.
- software is very basic, can't find the timer.
- sticks are small and short though feel ok.
- channels 5 and 6 can be assigned to the switches or pot or mixed with other channels.
- there is actually two tx aerials, one sticks on the plastic antenna cover and the other is at 90deg angle inside the handle.
- overall a bit toyish due to size but still rather solid feel when you keep it in hand.
- telemetry shows rx voltage and error rate as percentage (0% means no errors)
And it got 3 free mix.

Just got one of theese.
Now I have mixed in 4 planes, and it was pretty easy.
Hope to fly with it soon.

Cheers
Soren
Nov 07, 2014, 03:34 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedsterDEN
And it got 3 free mix.

Just got one of theese.
Now I have mixed in 4 planes, and it was pretty easy.
Hope to fly with it soon.

Cheers
Soren
Did you figure out the timer?
Nov 08, 2014, 03:45 AM
DS will change your life
SpeedsterDEN's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlalonde
Did you figure out the timer?
There is no timer.
Nov 09, 2014, 01:00 AM
Registered User
Harri Pihl's Avatar
Tested it yestarday in a indoor event with 8 other 2,4GHz systems on air same time (combat), no problems so far.
Nov 28, 2014, 07:13 PM
Registered User
Hi - could you briefly explain how you set up your 4 models - do you need to set up model name/number/type in Tx before you bind the relevant Rx?
Nov 29, 2014, 04:42 AM
DS will change your life
SpeedsterDEN's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dessa
Hi - could you briefly explain how you set up your 4 models - do you need to set up model name/number/type in Tx before you bind the relevant Rx?
I dont think so, but maybe it is like that.
but why not do that first.
You have to do it anyway

So start with that.

and remember to hold cancel Down to store the Things you do.

Then pick the wrench and screewdriver meny and set the Things you whant there. and remember to press the cancel to store after any change.

To bind, put the bind plug in bind/batt and the batt in any other slot and then it shoud blink.
Press the bind range test on the rx and switch on the rx.
Then the blink will stop and go to steady lights.

take out the binding plug and you are ready

Good luck

Soren
Nov 30, 2014, 06:20 AM
Registered User
Thanks Soren - I am currently waiting on an Rx for my second plane and look forward to trying what you have suggested.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Derek
Australia
Nov 30, 2014, 06:57 AM
DS will change your life
SpeedsterDEN's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dessa
Thanks Soren - I am currently waiting on an Rx for my second plane and look forward to trying what you have suggested.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Derek
Australia
Just take out the rx on your first plane and bind it Again to your second plane in the tx , and set it up as you like.

You dont need a rx for all your planes.


S
Dec 21, 2014, 02:50 PM
Registered User
wallaguest1's Avatar
i find it pretty nice little radio,
love it, even if its not very pro radio

does it has fail safe?
for telemetry i read it needs the 10 ch receiver, with the 6ch receiver still shows Voltaje of battery?


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools