This thread is privately moderated by eMoon, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 29, 2014, 09:09 AM
I meant to do that
Thread OP
Discussion

New Winter Builds and a Bloody Wonder

***EDIT - Got some builds planned for the winter now....***

Just completed the Bloody Wonder with a balsa power pod and fuse that is fiber glassed. Tough as nails. I already dorked it twice and bent the landing gear. No damage to the pod or plane! So I made new gear and she's back flying...my flying buddy has one (all foam) and hopefully we can get out to cut some streamers before winter arrives.

I also just finished up a new Flyer. The old one was beat up a bit but you gotta have one of these in the hangar at all times!

Planning some winter builds though Some options I am considering:

1) A new FT Duster
2) FT Racer, as Dusty has to have someone to race
3) Durafly Autogyro, for something different to fly
4) HobbyKing Pheonix 2000 sail plane
5) The 1/2A Hornet pylon racer for a more traditional and satisfying build.

Five builds this winter should pass the time nicely! Of course leaving the two ARF kits as stock builds is not an option. I have to make them mine and improve on the kits as the threads here suggest. A wing did not make the list as I think I have enough going right now and I'm still hesitant on the excitement of a wing. I might sneak in the FT Versa to see what all the hub bub is about and go from there....cheap way to try out a wing.

Other than that I'm hopefully going to clean up, organize my shop and make a new building bench.
Last edited by eMoon; Nov 05, 2014 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Made my plans....
to remove ads between posts
Oct 30, 2014, 04:44 PM
Tree hopper
Yeah, you need a wing !! It'll handle some wind, can be a blast to fly. The stock 900mm popwing is a great trainer. Upon impact to the ground it will break (somewhere). The CTH planes are really great. I have yard darted mine, cartwheeled, flipped, rolled it into the earth . They are great planes. Of coarse you have to build it, and cover it. Good to know how things are made. I let any of my boys fly my CTH planes.

Quick Reply