This thread is privately moderated by Barney Boy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 29, 2014, 07:31 AM
into the wild blue yonder
Thread OP
Discussion

Skywalker X8 UAV

So I get home and look what the UPS guy left for me. I plan on setting this bird up with all the bells and whistles, First I am going to give it a carbon fiber look, and then set it up with the APM autopilot and thermal camera gear on board. Stay tuned
to remove ads between posts
Oct 29, 2014, 07:58 AM
Suspended Account
I've got the earlier version & it's the best flying platform I own for stability & has taken me to the limits of 9 miles at 7,000'...

The only thing I will say is it must be launched with some sort of launching system , most people have a very difficult time hand launching & the ones who can seem to pull it off usually always end up destroying it in a hand launch attempt (including myself)...
No disrespect to anyone out there that are talented enough to do it & have had ZERO problems, all I know is my experience cost me an entire replacement fuselage { OUCH }!
Oct 30, 2014, 08:24 AM
into the wild blue yonder
Thread OP
I gathered that by my research. I plan on a launch system like the one on YouTube., quick and easy. I did do some work on it yesterday, I got some paint on her. I am going for the Carbon Fiber look as well I think it screams Hi-tech. Anyways here are some pics.

9 miles-7000' WOW......
Last edited by Barney Boy; Oct 30, 2014 at 08:30 AM.

Quick Reply