This thread is privately moderated by victoras_h, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 18, 2019, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtruck169
i am new to 3D printing. what do i need to look for when choosing 3D printer, those cheap $200 one and mid range $500 printers? and how to choose the printing material, like to printing older discountine RC car arms requires stronger material than others. thanks in advance
Hello I’m really new...3 weeks now I have owned my ender 3 pro 3d printer. I bought it on Amazon. I downloaded a “test box “ from a site called Thingiverse. My very first print...looks good to me. I’m not sure what the experts with years of experience would say. I’m not into printing castles, dragons and puppy’s. I print stuff for my planes. Control horns, motor mounts and stuff like that. I am using a program 123d Design to draw and the program Ultimaker Cura for “slicing” . I’ve watched lots of videos and have learned a bunch. There is a great “Face Book” group for Ender 3 3d printer owners that has been very helpful. Also YouTube is loaded with help. Sadly the Ender 3 had very poor instructions for putting it together. Hope that’s helpful. I like mine. Oh mine cost in the $250 range.
Last edited by James Goodwin; Mar 18, 2019 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Add more info.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 17, 2019, 11:41 AM
Quad and foam adept
You probably won't need another 3D printer for a couple of years. For basic FDM 3D printer this might be all you need.

My first 3D printer is the Flashforge Creator pro. I have been printing with it for a couple of years now. However I managed to break it when trying to upgrade the print head with an all metal hotend. I haven't come around fixing it and to be able to print I bought a simple Malyan M200 printer from Hobbyking that serves its purpose just as well as the Flashforge did.

Off course the more expensive models will have more bells and whistles but for basic FDM 3D printing, you can get around with a good basic 3D printer just as well. It like the difference between having an expensive new car, a cheap new car or no car at all. The expensive car will drive you anywhere just as the cheap car will. And other people will not know or notice so having an expensive car serves just you. But not having a car at all will set you back big time.
Latest blog entry: WoodQuad
Jul 18, 2019, 06:33 AM

fpv 3D models

If someone interested, I sharing 3D models of fpv and drone related models which I created in Sketchup.
They are mostly created by measuring of real parts and taking picture of real parts textures.
I'm using those to create my drone in 3D before build it in real world.
fell free to download.
https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/by/wizzx

Quick Reply