This thread is privately moderated by charlesrc, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 28, 2014, 08:23 AM
Thread OP
Build Log

Scratchbuilt Depron Bobcat Build

Hey guys!!!
I'm new to this blog stuff so bare with me. I downloaded Google Sketchup and I've been trying come up with some new plans and I came up with a bobcat design. Sorry for the pofile type planes but i like full fuse type planes.

This plane has eflite retracts, EDF 64mm fan, 4S2200 Lipo. W: 34" L: 39. the next one I try to build for the blog will be the same size but will be a pusher and no tracts. Stay tune and bare with me on this next build. also if any one has in put..... GIVE IT TO ME BECAUSE I'M GOING TO NEED IT!!!
Last edited by charlesrc; Oct 28, 2014 at 10:35 AM. Reason: change the title
to remove ads between posts
Oct 28, 2014, 08:30 AM
Thread OP

Pics

Here a few more pics.
Oct 29, 2014, 07:58 AM
Thread OP
Here are the plans I'm working with. As the build goes on, i will be changing some things so we can have better plans to work with. I am open for help on this. This is the first time making plans myself and building something from them.
Oct 29, 2014, 08:31 AM
Thread OP
Here we go. I cut out the wing (top and bottom). I was lazy and put two pieces of foam together and cut out the top and bottom of the wing. I should of took pics but after I cut the two pieces out, I took the bottom foam sheet out (which will be the top) and left the printed plans on the foam. On the bottom of wing, I cut the second line off to have a better fit of the wing when the top goes on. This kind of the first time trimming it this way so we will see how it goes.
Oct 30, 2014, 07:53 AM
Thread OP
Well guy, I few my first Bobcat I built and she few but bad choose for radio gear. She took off with not to not problems. The problem I had was that the controls were slow due to buying the wrong BEC for my speed control.. I was fighting up trim due the battery being too heavy. I did a few passes and she was doing really well. I was coming around to land and hit the throttle and she dropped right before touching down. But all in all she is a good flyer and can’t wait to finish the one I’m building. You will see the plans update throughout this blog to help you guys have a better build. If any questions or even feedback, I’m open.
Oct 31, 2014, 08:55 AM
Thread OP
Scratch built depron bobcat (5 min 4 sec)
Nov 17, 2014, 04:50 PM
Thread OP
Building a new bobcat that will be a pusher and have rudders, and fixed gear. (retracts are still in the tree won the first bobcat). Two weeks and i'ts steel in the tree now along with snow and rain. Maybe the wheels will be still good if I get back ha ha.
Dec 11, 2014, 01:59 PM
Thread OP

Depron trainer

Depron Trainer Glider/ Pusher (3 min 26 sec)
Dec 11, 2014, 02:00 PM
Thread OP
Here was a quick video of a glider trainer i built for my kids. working on plans to share with you guys.
Jun 19, 2015, 08:10 AM
Thread OP

New Build

Hey Guys.

I've been working a lot (Army) and just got a chance to build another Bobcat. This one has no retracts and will be a pusher. I also made the ailerons longer and added rubbers.
Jun 19, 2015, 08:23 AM
Thread OP

Balsa Bobcat

Here are some pics of a balsa Bobcat that I also started.
Nov 04, 2015, 06:19 AM
Holy smokes Charles, that's a great looking Bobcat!
Dec 02, 2015, 10:18 AM
Thread OP
Here is a video of my pusher Bobcat.
November 15, 2015 (1 min 56 sec)

Quick Reply