► Y u n e e c - Q 5 0 0 ◄ - Page 4 - RC Groups
Dec 15, 2014, 12:00 PM
click HERE 2 C my BLOG
Yuneec Q500 - #01 Unboxing (11 min 40 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Dec 15, 2014, 12:11 PM
click HERE 2 C my BLOG
YUNEEC Q500 Nov. 2014 / www.copter.eu (4 min 0 sec)
Dec 15, 2014, 04:38 PM
Always Excel >>>
Quote:
Originally Posted by eirlink
One of the nice things is that you don't get props into your video with their design.
Also provides digital video right to your remote. No need to attach cell phone to your remote.
Dec 15, 2014, 05:29 PM
click HERE 2 C my BLOG
cant help thinking it looks very plasticky, buy maybe if i saw one in the flesh i could change my mind.
Dec 15, 2014, 05:31 PM
click HERE 2 C my BLOG
one thing is that if Artur bought one then it must be good. maybe some day i get to hold / fly one.
Dec 15, 2014, 05:58 PM
Always Excel >>>
Quote:
Originally Posted by eirlink
cant help thinking it looks very plasticky, buy maybe if i saw one in the flesh i could change my mind.
That's exactly what I was thinking. But in one video, they said they used very strong plastic yet, very light.
Dec 15, 2014, 06:24 PM
It does have a bit of flex to it. Much more than other bodies.
Dec 15, 2014, 07:26 PM

Q500 Plastic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHayat
That's exactly what I was thinking. But in one video, they said they used very strong plastic yet, very light.
The Q500 is bound to be a type of plastic but at the price Yuneec is talking about you couldn't make it out of carbon composite, it would just be too expensive. Besides it supposed to be their entry for most people.

There is a video with the guy from "Roswell flight test crew" where they talk about Yuneec. The air frame at the end of the video is made of carbon composites, but it's intended for professional use and might be what is now called the H920. If you see the video it didn't have folding arms, now it does. There is a blog going about that one too but discussion died back in August. I've tried to revive things over there and inform people.

Anyways for now it's all just speculation until I get one in my hands and can test it, any guess is as good as mine.
Dec 15, 2014, 09:05 PM

Q500 Review

I have been beta testing a Q500 for over a month now and have really enjoy flying it. It certainly has some "unique" features about it. Sorry for the pun. I like the fact that it has its own 4.5" Android touch screen built into the radio. It is very easy to see even when it was sunny out and I don't have to mount my phone to the transmitter. The fact that it is at the bottom of the radio was not a issue at all for me. It has a good solid feel all around. It has a rotation slider on left side for Gimbal control and on the right for linear control of all axis. I found the linear control very useful when you want to control the quad at a slower and more subdued rate for filming or if you are a beginner pilot and just want a slower pace. The nice thing is you can adjust this rate control on the fly. I found the 1080P 60fps rate of the camera to be very good and rival my GoPro at that resolution. I also found the camera to be extremely stable at all extremes I was flying. I also like the fact that I can switch between filming and snapshots on the fly by the 2 separate buttons on the top. Snapshots have about a 3 second delay between shots (about the same as my Phantom2V+. )Another feature I like on the Radio is that it has GPS built into it which allows for it to have a Radar type function to always point to "Home Position" via a green arrow on the touch screen. Very useful if you can not tell orientation. With that said it is hard to lose orientation because of its size and flashing LEDs at the corners. (looks great at night)

I think the styling of the Q500 frame is awesome. I am tired of all the Phantom looking quads out there. This is a fresh new look and a different approach from other manufacturers. They are truly giving you a "Ready to Fly" Quad. No viewing screen needed. Another advantage with this quad is it is quiet. I was amazed at how quiet it was compared to my Walkera Scout and Phantom 2V+.
Overall I think that this is a real game changer. Yuneec is out to make a mark with their products starting with the Q500.
Last edited by UAV119; Dec 16, 2014 at 07:34 AM.
Dec 15, 2014, 09:57 PM
Always Excel >>>
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAV119
I have been beta testing ...
How do you find it's Flight Controller compared to Naza or Walkera?
And secondly, does it have a solid hover if you need to take a shot or film something?
Thanks for sharing!
Dec 16, 2014, 06:25 AM
Yuneec also make electric skateboard.
http://store.yuneec.com/e-go.html
And 2 seats electric power plane
e430 Electric Aircraft (8 min 44 sec)

Ming Lou
Dec 16, 2014, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHayat
How do you find it's Flight Controller compared to Naza or Walkera?
And secondly, does it have a solid hover if you need to take a shot or film something?
Thanks for sharing!
The flight controller works very well. I was amazed that my first flight testing all the features when I was out about 800ft and 200ft altitiude switched to home and it landed within 3ft of takeoff spot. With that said it does position hold very well making it easy to great shots even in some windy conditions. I did test fly in 20 -25mph winds (which they do not recommend as stated in the manual) and position hold still worked very well.
Dec 16, 2014, 08:43 AM
Always Excel >>>
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAV119
The flight controller works very well. I was amazed that my first flight testing all the features when I was out about 800ft and 200ft altitiude switched to home and it landed within 3ft of takeoff spot. With that said it does position hold very well making it easy to great shots even in some windy conditions. I did test fly in 20 -25mph winds (which they do not recommend as stated in the manual) and position hold still worked very well.
Nice, Thanks!
Dec 16, 2014, 09:33 AM
Always Excel >>>
Just found a couple picture of P2 and Q500 side by side.

Dec 16, 2014, 12:20 PM
click HERE 2 C my BLOG
Yuneec Q500 - #02 Zusammenbau (6 min 28 sec)

Quick Reply