► Y u n e e c - Q 5 0 0 ◄ - Page 1554 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Apr 13, 2018, 09:55 PM
Buy, Mod, Fly, Sell, Repeat
Painted mine!
to remove ads between posts
Apr 14, 2018, 08:29 PM
A new airframe, and 1 esc, my q500 will be airbourne again.
Apr 16, 2018, 07:52 AM
FYI >>> at Woot.com Yuneec YUNQ4KUS-R Q500 Typhoon Quadcopter Drone RTF w/ 4K CGO3 Camera, ST10+ & Steady Grip

Factory refurbished $349.99, free shipping for Amazon Prime members AND 1 year factory warranty.
Apr 16, 2018, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEolfart
FYI >>> at Woot.com Yuneec YUNQ4KUS-R Q500 Typhoon Quadcopter Drone RTF w/ 4K CGO3 Camera, ST10+ & Steady Grip

Factory refurbished $349.99, free shipping for Amazon Prime members AND 1 year factory warranty.
They recently had the Typhoon H refurb for $389. I couldn't pass it up.
Apr 16, 2018, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollys
How much lighter? What's your AUW, as is or notwithstanding the additional VTx and RunCam camera? My stock Q500 is 1779g and Q500+ is 1787g with the stock 3S 5400 mAh battery.
I recently started prepping my q5004k with the rakon frame for an upcoming flight and weighed it.

Rakonheli frame, fully charged GiFi Power 7500mah, 4k camera and gimbal cover installed. AUW 1671g

4 stock propellers weight 93g.

Total counting 4 propellers 1764g.

Added a photo to show the the case tared to 0 before weighing.
Last edited by Crashaccepted; Apr 16, 2018 at 02:46 PM.
Apr 16, 2018, 11:05 PM
Flip on Tech
Quote:

I got one from the last sale and was a bit disappointed on the refurb quality. Here's a video of the one I ended up with and the details of its shortcomings are in the description.
Apr 16, 2018, 11:12 PM
Flip on Tech
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashaccepted
I recently started prepping my q5004k with the rakon frame for an upcoming flight and weighed it.

Rakonheli frame, fully charged GiFi Power 7500mah, 4k camera and gimbal cover installed. AUW 1671g

4 stock propellers weight 93g.

Total counting 4 propellers 1764g.

Added a photo to show the the case tared to 0 before weighing.
Thanks for the update and weight measurement. It usually doesn't take much for me to justify a mod on practically anything in this hobby, but I just can't seem to convince myself on a $250 expense plus time on this one. I suppose the comparatively minute gain is a stumbling block.
Apr 17, 2018, 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollys
Thanks for the update and weight measurement. It usually doesn't take much for me to justify a mod on practically anything in this hobby, but I just can't seem to convince myself on a $250 expense plus time on this one. I suppose the comparatively minute gain is a stumbling block.
Everyone's money management is different.

For me, I wanted the rakon frame "just because".

I weighed the stock 5400mah fully charged and it came in around 420g.

The GiFi 7500mah came in around 450g.

The weight shed from the frame shifted to the heavier battery. With the 5400mah the weight shed is more significant.

I do still prefer the solid legs on the rakon versus the flimsy plastic legs of the stock frame. I can carry or hand catch the q500 by the leg. I never wanted to do that with the stock.

I personally am happy with it especially considering it's an older platform.
Apr 17, 2018, 11:24 AM
rollys..Thanks for recording and posting that...very enlightening. I think I'll pass on any further considerations of "factory refurbished"(NOT) period.
Apr 17, 2018, 12:08 PM
Flip on Tech
Quote:
rollys..Thanks for recording and posting that...very enlightening. I think I'll pass on any further considerations of "factory refurbished"(NOT) period.
Notwithstanding the shortcomings, I do still think that it's a decent bargain. For about $65, I can get aftermarket props and a 6300 mAh battery . The copter's performance and the 4K camera was still excellent. Since I have a Q500 in mint condition with four batteries and another extra set of props, I suppose it was more palatable.
Apr 17, 2018, 12:13 PM
Quote:
I guess I must be lucky. I have bought three refurbished Yuneec items from Woot. All have arrived with everything included and all have worked fine. The Typhoon H I just got, is the latest model and looks brand new.
Sorry to hear others are having issues.
Apr 17, 2018, 05:09 PM
I bought a refurb Q500 last year from Best Buy. The 1st one had a dead transmitter it wouldn't power up or even charge. I returned it they replaced it with another refurb that fortunately worked perfectly.
Apr 19, 2018, 02:53 PM
R G
R G
I pulled the trigger on the Woot deal and received the Q500 in two days! No complaints about the quality of the refurb, however there is a lot of vibration in flight. The motors spin true without the props. Do the stock props have a reputation for poor tracking and balance? Going to buy the Q500 prop balancing shaft for my Dubro.

RG
Apr 19, 2018, 03:03 PM
Who is woot ?
Apr 19, 2018, 04:46 PM
Flip on Tech
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt soap
Who is woot ?
Woot.com

Quick Reply