Jan 24, 2020, 02:10 PM
Cool!
to remove ads between posts
Jan 25, 2020, 09:47 AM
Hi Bart, will you tell us something about V2?
Cheers Juergen
Jan 25, 2020, 10:42 AM
71% of the world is runway . .
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juergen F.
Hi Bart, will you tell us something about V2?
Cheers Juergen
very soon

Bart
Jan 26, 2020, 05:26 PM
Thread OP
Started a new thread on GooseV2 . . . .

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...w-lasercut-kit

Cheers,

Bart
Jan 26, 2020, 09:17 PM
After landing at Avalon harbor the pilot said that he had to get the bird out of the water quickly or the hull would fill with water through all the loose rivets. Somewhere on the internet there is an interesting history of the Catalina airline business and the people who ran it.

Now, I would like to see somebody design and build a successful Seabee RC-3 for the masses.
Jan 27, 2020, 08:33 PM
Flying Models Plans
The Robbe Seabee was pretty successful as a model. Alas, it was a bit high in price, presumably to recoup development costs for a market with niche appeal, and that price reduced its appeal further. I still have mine and fly it a few times a year.
Jan 29, 2020, 02:58 PM
Hello guys, finally got to building again, after a year of life coming in the way. Looking at Barts rendering of the v2 elevator linkage, I wonder if anyone has tried to go directly with a straight pushrod, internal in the fin?

Lars
Jan 31, 2020, 01:53 PM
Hello all,

the aft formers are redesigned and glued in.
It needed some time for preparation to glue them in in one step.
The aft formers (behind keel) are now rounded out at the underside, too.

Next step is planking the bottom of the middle section

Cheers Juergen
Jan 31, 2020, 05:52 PM
The middle section is planked.

Finally it was very easy because i glued the two halfs together before attaching.
After sanding the hull carefully in shape
some rubberbands is all you need to fix it while drying over night

Juergen
Feb 01, 2020, 03:17 AM
Thread OP
Nice going there Juergen! Jour working at a good pace.

Cheers,

Bart
Feb 01, 2020, 04:26 PM

Fast Freddy

Hello Bart and others on this thread. It is with sadness that I have to tell you that my dear friend Fast Freddy past away April 2019 from Pancreatic Cancer. He and I would float fly together at least once or twice a week in the summers in Madison, WI.

His Goose kit, #2 it says inside, was getting close to completion when his daughter's cat managed to knock it of off his build table. The tail feathers were badly damaged. I personally am not a builder, and was Fred's test pilot for new projects. I have another good friend who is an amazing scratch builder and he is helping fix and complete the Goose in Fred's memory.

Last year our Madison club held a float fly in his memory and we hope to make it an annual event. I hope to have his Goose ready to fly for this summer's event.

The plane is to the point where I am ready to paint it. In looking through this thread, I saw that he was thinking of doing the Alaskan Coastal Blue and White scheme. Wondering if anyone can steer me to a picture of this scheme so I can complete as he was going to.

Thanks and sorry to have to share the sad news but figured you would want to know.
Last edited by Blonde Bomber; Feb 01, 2020 at 09:05 PM.
Feb 02, 2020, 04:00 AM
Thread OP
Hi Blonde Bomber,

So sorry to hear about Fred. I was wondering how he was as i had not seen anything on rc-groups. I remember his very nice replies when i first showed the Goose here on RcGroups.
My condolences . . .
It is nice to remember him by a float fly in his memory.
If there is anything i can do to help completing his Goose please let me know.

Fred's build thread here on RcGroups

Website with lots of Goose info

Kind regards,

Bart
Feb 04, 2020, 01:45 PM
Bart,
Thanks for the picture and the links. I see Fast Freddy was also looking a Coast Guard and a yellow and black scheme as well.
Feb 05, 2020, 03:47 AM
Did some work last days.
Front transition sheeting is done.
At the aft fuselage i removed a small strip of the side wall and glued a preformed plank in.
Later this will help to sand the fuselage in shape.
Front bottom is sheeted, this was a challenge because i did every half in one piece.
The nose formers are filled with balsa.
Blocks were cutted out on the back side to safe 25% of weight.
Cheers Juergen

Quick Reply