This thread is privately moderated by deckert, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 24, 2014, 03:20 PM
Plowin Dirt
Thread OP
Data

3D Airplane Parts Repository

In the interest of keeping 3D items/files easier to locate (printers/acc., planes, boats, quads+ & misc?) I'm going to start this thread as a repository for 3D parts related only to planes. Feel free to add your 3D files/etc. Per the suggestion from irun4fundotca, please UL images as well.

Because RCG has no .stl viewer plugin, contributors may want to U/L their works to Shapeways and provide a link to the project. There's no $$ associated with doing this, although you will need a SW account, and it allows others to view the items/project in 3D.

Dan
Last edited by deckert; Nov 30, 2014 at 01:22 PM. Reason: added info
to remove ads between posts
Oct 24, 2014, 03:53 PM
Plowin Dirt
Thread OP

H9 1/4 Scale Cub parts

Here's some scale cabin parts for the Cub. All are tested & printed except for the throttle because SW broke down & I don't have the parts yet. Shapeways printed everything except the trim plate files. The trim plate file requires an extremely HIGH END printer in order to capture the details/parts. I had some people test print some of the stuff in PLA & ABS and the parts were junk.

Dan
Oct 24, 2014, 08:35 PM
How high will it go?
Please keep the OP updated as this thread goes along so we don't have to browse the whole thread. Great thread, Thank you.
Oct 26, 2014, 12:27 PM
Flying Wood For Fun
maybe add some renders of the parts to your post or a pic of the plane they are for
Oct 26, 2014, 12:37 PM
How high will it go?
RC groups needs an stl viewer plugin
Oct 26, 2014, 01:00 PM
Flying Wood For Fun
if you load the part in netfabb you can always take a screen shot and post the image

added a dash for printing on a printer (scaling necessary)
Last edited by irun4fundotca; Oct 26, 2014 at 04:12 PM.
Oct 27, 2014, 10:42 AM
Plowin Dirt
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by irun4fundotca
if you load the part in netfabb you can always take a screen shot and post the image

added a dash for printing on a printer (scaling necessary)
Your suggestion is spot on and in the future I'll either U/L images or put a link to them like here. Via the link, people can view/rotate the item(s) in 3D.

Dan
Oct 27, 2014, 01:55 PM
As anyone got a ducted fan stl that I could play around with?
Oct 27, 2014, 07:02 PM
Destroyer of airframes
Quote:
Originally Posted by terryk
As anyone got a ducted fan stl that I could play around with?
I don't have any of my own but there is at least one up on Thingiverse...

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:218350

Also found an interesting looking ducted fan quad design...

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:36752
Oct 29, 2014, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckert
Here's some scale cabin parts for the Cub. All are tested & printed except for the throttle because SW broke down & I don't have the parts yet. Shapeways printed everything except the trim plate files. The trim plate file requires an extremely HIGH END printer in order to capture the details/parts. I had some people test print some of the stuff in PLA & ABS and the parts were junk.

Dan
Hi Dan
I downloaded the files and they look really nice.
what increase in scale to I need to enlarge them to?
Thanks for your work.
Mark
Oct 30, 2014, 10:09 AM
Plowin Dirt
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by racermark
Hi Dan
I downloaded the files and they look really nice.
what increase in scale to I need to enlarge them to?
Thanks for your work.
Mark
Mark, The parts are at 1/4 scale now. The trim adjust part requires an extremely high end printer because of the detail on the face and the handle is in two pieces. The lettering is around .01" thick & .03" high. I used a toothpick to paint the plate lettering but will have to redo it.

Dan
Oct 30, 2014, 02:08 PM
Flying Wood For Fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckert
Mark, The parts are at 1/4 scale now. The trim adjust part requires an extremely high end printer because of the detail on the face and the handle is in two pieces. The lettering is around .01" thick & .03" high. I used a toothpick to paint the plate lettering but will have to redo it.

Dan
looks good!!
it would be nice to see where they all mount

I have a greatplanes piper I'd like to scale them to fit and make an fpv cockpit using them
Oct 31, 2014, 10:36 AM
Plowin Dirt
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by irun4fundotca
looks good!!
it would be nice to see where they all mount
Here ya go. Unsure IF the carb heat is a standard item. I modeled it after a Cub in Ca. Also unable to mount it in a good place so I put it in the door on my Cub.

Dan
Oct 31, 2014, 11:04 AM
Flying Wood For Fun
ohh man that's gorgeous! ... if I am allowed to say that about a interior lol
Thanks
Nov 03, 2014, 06:35 AM
Plane crazy
Lanyu Do-335 front LG.

.stl coming after test.

Quick Reply