This thread is privately moderated by helifrek, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 15, 2019, 10:35 AM
Power loss recovery is a standard feature on some 3d printers but not all , it intended to allow you to continue a print after a power cut and would do what your asking for , its not a guaranteed solution but works most of the time , on Cartesian printers it works well but on cube designs (core-xy) where the bed is lowered for the next print layer its a bit more glitchy , often the bed will drop if power is lost and not return when power comes back on .
Creality offer it as standard on their machines for instance as do many others , it should be a feature that's in the advertising for the printers that have it .
It may be possible to add the feature if your printer has open source firmware .
to remove ads between posts
Aug 15, 2019, 05:54 PM
JimN8UAY
Being a total noob, how much does a 3D printer add to the temperature of the environment? Would it be feasible to run one in a small apartment without having to worry about the A/C coming on every few minutes?

Jim
Aug 15, 2019, 08:51 PM
If it flies, I can crash it.
It would not be a problem. I run mine in a 12' square room. Even in warmer weather, I rarely turn on the AC.
Aug 16, 2019, 08:51 AM
The Ender 3 does recovery very well. I don’t think I would do it if your the real fussy type. I’m not. I’m more practical.
I turn mine off when not home or asleep and unplug it. As for heat I would say no more than a 60 watt bulb.
Aug 16, 2019, 11:28 PM
If it flies, I can crash it.
I guess if you want to do some math you can figure out exactly how much power it dissipates. All you need to know is the input voltage and max current draw. V*I=P.
Aug 23, 2019, 02:22 AM

Are there any Miyazaki fans?

Hi guys! Look at this 3D printed bedside lamp "Calcifer", which I made with a Picaso Designer 3D printer. It was inspired by the fire demon from the legendary cartoon "Howl's Moving Castle". Free STL: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2658913
Name: o0glwyf35f231.jpg
Views: 8
Size: 467.4 KB
Description:

Name: pprrspm45f231.jpg
Views: 8
Size: 299.3 KB
Description:

Name: wvbpvlf75f231.jpg
Views: 10
Size: 27.5 KB
Description:
Aug 23, 2019, 06:47 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Cool.. but now you need a fan in it with silk 'flames' that will move from the fan blowing up on them..

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My shop....
Sep 16, 2019, 04:50 PM
There is so much to learn with this hobby , the rc car project I'm working on has been a huge learning curve , always thinking that the next step would be the answer ! Learning what material is best for what , where you need stiffness and where you need flexibility and what material offers those quality's , so far I have a mix of PLA , ABS ,Nylon and CF Nylon ,its so easy to think you have a wonder plastic that's good for everything but the truth is even modern rc car manufacturers don't use just one plastic .
I though that the CF Nylon would answer all my problems but now I'm finding that for some stuff its too stiff and breaks where the plain nylon will flex instead , other parts don't need the flexibility of nylon but more flexibility than PLA , so ABS works well and other parts require very little strength at all so finish ,economy and speed of printing matter more .
So much to learn but so rewarding , I've wanted tech like this for over 30 years !
Sep 17, 2019, 05:11 AM
Let’s see the car
Sep 17, 2019, 06:07 AM
Here's a link to the build project thread , its easier to see it there than repost it here . Just a little history , the Yokomo Dogfighter YZ-834B was the car that J Lossi drove to victory in the first world championship in 1984 , its been out of production for over 30 year but kind of a legendary and highly collectable vintage rc car and parts are rare as horse feathers , I wanted one I could drive fast and without fear of breaking parts that could take 6 months to find and cost a kidney to replace .
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ighter-YZ-834b
Last edited by dadio; Sep 17, 2019 at 06:12 AM.
Sep 17, 2019, 11:37 AM
That’s like crazy stuff. WOW! Don’t think I still
Have the patience for that.
Sep 17, 2019, 11:39 AM
aka KF7DS
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Luciano
Thatís like crazy stuff. WOW! Donít think I still
Have the patience for that.
I second that....good job dadio!
Sep 17, 2019, 12:45 PM
Thanks , its been a bit of an obsession , its becoming very satisfying to drive as parts are reaching a standard where they don't break on every run , that was the hardest bit when I never flattened a battery but was always stopped by a broken part , even then the replacement part was only hours away not a months long hunt and a painful price , every broken part was a new thing to learn and a riddle to solve .
I just got in from my fourth run without any problem ! Yay !!

Quick Reply