Dec 05, 2014, 02:57 PM
I use that 3 in 1 discharger. I don't waste time using the Reaktor discharging. The 3 in 1is great, fast and blindingly bright. I need to mount the bulbs to something??????
to remove ads between posts
Dec 05, 2014, 06:48 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuudogg
I need to mount the bulbs to something??????
I used a chunk of wood and some perforated aluminum sheet to retain and protect the bulbs (any my eyes)...

Here's my post in JJ's thread: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=290

Very similar to John's: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=295

Mark
Dec 06, 2014, 09:23 PM
Perfect. Thanks for the links. The perf aluminum is a great idea.
Dec 08, 2014, 09:22 PM
I Like Coffee ^_^
Finally the charger is here!

How can I connect this to my computer?

EDIT:

And yes the million dollar question.

How do I set up paralle charging with this charger? I never done this before.

ANOTHER EDIT:

If I were to charge 6 of my 1300 3S 35C in parallel, what A should I be using?
Last edited by PokkaGold; Dec 09, 2014 at 12:45 AM.
Dec 09, 2014, 02:18 AM
The 2x 300W Reaktor charger does not come with USB. It has an SPI header, where you can connect Rx/Tto your FTDI cable (TTL serial to USB), given that you have one. I will try to figure out what pins are for what. ALso asked Junsi in DM

Just had a very brief look.

Parallel charging,is easy if you got the 2x 300W charger. Connect one battery to the one charger, and another to the other charger.

Or you must buy a balance board for $10, like this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Parallel-Cha...item33987b56a4 (not tested this specific board, but have an equivalent).

With the balance board, you just plug in the XT60+balance connector for up to 6 batteries, and then set the charge amperage to the charge current for one battery times the number of batteries.

So if you have 6 x 2200 mAh you would want to charge at once, you just set the the ameprage to 6x 2.2 = 13.2A.

Since it is 20A max, if you use 6 batteries of 5200mAh capacity, you can't go above 20A, and will end up charging @ 20/6 = 3.3A per battery. So 6 empty batteries would take 5.2/3.3 = 1.6 hours to to charge. Or use 2 charging boards, and charge 3 on each charger.

As for your 6x 1.3 Ah you can safely charge at 1C, that is 6 x 1.3 = 7.8 A, if your PSU is able to supply that.

Some people charge at 0.5 C to make batteries last longer, and some go up to 2C (15.6A in your case). There is still discussion on what if any impact on lifetime charging at 2C might have.

But since you discharge to storage capacity after flying, you will have approx half charge in the stored batteries, so it would take around 30 minutes at 1C to charge batteries, and get ready to fly.
Dec 11, 2014, 06:28 AM
If you power on the charger with all 4 keys down, it will display the Jun-si.com logo and a number. So it is clearly a Junsi OEM.

Their support would not help me with any questions though.

I have attached photos, such that you can see it is a Junsi charger, with 2x the 0620 V1.0 board.

The white ISP connector seems to have a PIN distance of around 1mm, assuming the microUSB has 2.6mm from first to last. Can anybody tell me where I can get a connector that fits ?

Edit: It might, and probably is 1.25mm. Any idea on there to get a cable ? Connector in other end is not important me right now.
Last edited by povlhp; Dec 11, 2014 at 06:51 AM.
Dec 13, 2014, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNFLY
@ mrforsyth

@ KJL
I think, the storage voltage for lipo is 3,85volts per cell, for lilo it is 3,75volts per cell..
Funny I always thought my Reaktor would do something wrong since it storage charged up to 3,88 or so but now that I know it's not 3,75... I am a bit ashamed
Dec 15, 2014, 01:25 AM
Hi all,

I got my two reaktors on Friday and Iím really happy with them. Parallel charging works like a charm and they have also much more power than my older Accucel 6 chargers.
I entered the calibration menu on Friday and made all settings for over all voltage, cell voltages etc.

Yesterday I got a very good multimeter form a buddy and I wanted to repeat the calibration because the device from my buddy is much more accurate than mine.
But the problem is that I canít access the calibration menu. I did exactly the same steps as on Friday - holding all four buttons during power up. I hear the three beeps and I can see the calibration menu for just a second. Then it turns off and initializes to the normal charger programs.
Whatís wrong? Can I only calibrate it once or did I do something wrong?

Regards,
Michael
Dec 15, 2014, 02:12 AM
Thread OP
Are you holding all four buttons for at least 3 seconds after power-up?

Calibration instructions here if you don't already have them: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...6&d=1293608349
Dec 15, 2014, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrforsyth
Are you holding all four buttons for at least 3 seconds after power-up?

Calibration instructions here if you don't already have them: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...6&d=1293608349
That's the strange part on this behavior. I did the same as on friday, when I calibrated the first time. But maybe I was not patient enough to hold the buttons three seconds. I will try this afternoon and report.

Regards,
Michael
Dec 15, 2014, 01:46 PM
At home I tried to enter the calibration menu with both chargers again. And as it was before it doesn't work. Itís weird because friday this procedure works fine
If I hold all four buttons too long the web-address from junsi will be displayed and below this url a number.
If I hold the buttons only as long as I can hear the three beeps, I can see the calibration menu for just a second and then it switches back to the normal balance mode menu.

Could it be that this charger can only be calibrated once?
Can someone else verify me assumption or test if the calibration menu can be entered again? Just to be sure I'm not crazy

Regards,
Michael
Dec 15, 2014, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird_one
If I hold the buttons only as long as I can hear the three beeps, I can see the calibration menu for just a second and then it switches back to the normal balance mode menu.
This is ok so far. You see the normal menu. - Then connect balancer cable from accu, - press stop for 3 seconds. (You see: Vi.. etc.) - press "Inc" - button - now you can see cell-voltage with 4 counts, so you are in the calibration menu.
Guckst Du hier:
http://www.zj-hobbyshop.de/download/...alibrieren.pdf
Dec 16, 2014, 02:03 AM
Oh sh*** there was no lipo connected to the charger.
Maybe that's the problem...Ooooops

I will give it a next try this afternoon.
Danke
Dec 16, 2014, 03:04 PM
that is really embarrassing
I just forgot the step "press stop for 3 seconds"
Thx for your patience,
Michael

@RNFLY: Ausgedruckt und an die Wand. Sicher ist sicher Danke
Last edited by warbird_one; Dec 17, 2014 at 09:24 AM.
Dec 16, 2014, 06:37 PM
Why are you guys having to calibrate your chargers,mine is factory cal out of the box ,I have the end voltage adjusted down to 4.15 v and I'm getting numbers like 0.004v difference, which in my mind is rather acceptable.

Quick Reply