Oct 24, 2014, 10:33 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Two new Reaktor chargers at HobbyKing

It's well known that the Reaktor 300W, 20A charger is an OEM iCharger 206B and represents a fantastic value.

Looks like HobbyKing is at it again with an iCharger-produced OEM version of the 3010B and perhaps a 'dual 206B'. They released two new chargers this week and the specifications and features (no manuals yet to confirm) indicate that they've contracted with iCharger again to produce some high quality chargers with fantastic value. Feature set (Internal resistance measurement, hot wire function, motor drive, regenerative discharge, flash memory storage) are telltale iCharger features so I'm betting they've contracted with iCharger again.

Here they are:

Reaktor 30A, 1000W, 10S (3010B rebadge): https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...e_Charger.html

Reaktor 2 x 300W, 20A, 6S (looks like two 206B's in same case): https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...e_charger.html

Really wish I needed a new charger and I'd be ordering one of these to try out! The 2 x 300W, 20A (dual 206B) looks especially interesting.

Please chime in if you've ordered either of these!

Mark
to remove ads between posts
Oct 24, 2014, 03:39 PM
Hello Mark ! I have started to find a good charger for my needs one month ago , but today I decided to buy one of the above mentioned because of your explicit layout ! I need one charger for charging at once four (in the future maybe will be six ) Lipos 2700 mAh 3C at 1C ( maybe more if were be good for Lipos ,,health,, ) with a parallel charging board . I know the rules of parallel charging , even if I am a newbie...( I have learned a lot from the forums ) . I did not decided which of the three models . Maybe 300 w or 2X300 . For my curiosity , how would be the charging done for the 4 or six packs at once , with the dual one ? The dual one is powerful , but for my needs would be power out of use , wouldn't it ? What PSU would be matched for each , from same vendor (Hobby King ) ? Thank you in advance , Mac
Oct 24, 2014, 04:06 PM
You can parallel as many packs as you want on a single output of any charger. The limiting factor is the amount of current it can deliver which determines the time it will take to charge.
Oct 24, 2014, 05:26 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by maccardiolog
For my curiosity , how would be the charging done for the 4 or six packs at once , with the dual one ?
You could charge either 2 or 3 packs on each port in parallel at up to 20A per port. At full 20A output, this would require ~600 watt power supply when charging your 3S packs. This one should work nicely: https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...er_Supply.html

Quote:
The dual one is powerful , but for my needs would be power out of use , wouldn't it?
Not necessarily. You'd be surprised at how fast you'll find yourself wanting more charge power. There's no shortage of folks who started with a 50 watt charger and were soon left wanting more power and started shopping again.

That said, you cannot go wrong with the single port 300 watt Reaktor coupled with this power supply: https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ers_350W_.html

With the 300 watt setup, you could charge all six of your 2700mAh 3S packs in parallel at ~1.2C rate. The 2 X 300 watt charger will allow you to charge six such packs in parallel at ~2.4C rate.

Mark
Oct 24, 2014, 09:25 PM
Yea Mark,these Reaktor options are going to be hard to beat at the price point, I must admit while I have only had the Reaktor for a few months it shows no signs of being unreliable the thing works great.Had I not bought the single unit I would buy the duo,but I can't justify it right now.
Oct 24, 2014, 10:15 PM
Can these handle HV up to 4.35V?
Oct 24, 2014, 10:31 PM
The standard iCharger firmware (which I speculate these new units use and know the other 20A Reaktor uses) allows you to adjust the voltage up to 4.3V so you would get pretty close to maximum voltage. Up to you whether those last few mv are worth the large reduction in currently available chargers.

Perhaps there will be a firmware update released to allow higher cell voltages one day.
Oct 24, 2014, 10:46 PM
Thanks for the reply, I'm looking at purchasing a new charger/4.35V HV lipo's probably around Christmas time so hopefully these will do the trick.

with for example a 4000mah pack, .05V/cell equates to something like 200-250 drop in mah so not too insignificant.
Oct 25, 2014, 09:04 AM
And you expect to find these still in stock!!
Oct 25, 2014, 10:01 AM
Thread OP
They're both in stock as of this moment.
Oct 25, 2014, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrforsyth
You could charge either 2 or 3 packs on each port in parallel at up to 20A per port. At full 20A output, this would require ~600 watt power supply when charging your 3S packs. This one should work nicely: https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...er_Supply.html

Not necessarily. You'd be surprised at how fast you'll find yourself wanting more charge power. There's no shortage of folks who started with a 50 watt charger and were soon left wanting more power and started shopping again.

That said, you cannot go wrong with the single port 300 watt Reaktor coupled with this power supply: https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ers_350W_.html

With the 300 watt setup, you could charge all six of your 2700mAh 3S packs in parallel at ~1.2C rate. The 2 X 300 watt charger will allow you to charge six such packs in parallel at ~2.4C rate.

Mark
Thank you for your prompt reply ! I am a little confused : how could I practically charge six packs 2700 mah each AT ONCE with that double 2X300 ? Need I two parallel charging board , with few combination possible , ex: 2+4 , 3+3 , 1+5 etc ? Maybe one parallel charge board with 6 packs , but another port is out of use ? How could I set dual charger for 2.4 C ? Only at one of its port 2,4 C or 1 , 2 C at each of ports ? What is the difference between one 2X300 charger and two 300 charger apart from the ,,cargo,, (if buying two are cheaper , of course with one PSU for both ). If I will decide for 2x300 , the 600 w PSU is expensive for me , will the 350w one you have recommended for Reaktor 3oo match with two ports Reaktor ? Too many questions , I know... Thank you again .
Oct 25, 2014, 10:22 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
I am a little confused : how could I practically charge six packs 2700 mah each AT ONCE with that double 2X300 ? Need I two parallel charging board , with few combination possible , ex: 2+4 , 3+3 , 1+5 etc ?....How could I set dual charger for 2.4 C ?
Two parallel boards (one for each port), 3 batteries on each parallel board. Set charge rate at full 20A and you'll achieve ~2.4C charge rate when charging your 3S 2700mAh packs.

Quote:
What is the difference between one 2X300 charger and two 300 charger apart from the ,,cargo,,
Unknown at this time due to no manual but likely nothing. Buying two separate Reaktor 300W chargers is about the same price. Some like separate chargers, some like dual chargers.

Quote:
If I will decide for 2x300 , the 600 w PSU is expensive for me , will the 350w one you have recommended for Reaktor 3oo match with two ports Reaktor ?
While the lower power PS will certainly work with the 2 X 300 watt charger, I would not recommend this as it limits total charge power to ~300 watts which defeats the purpose of getting the dual charger.

If you're limited by your budget at this time, I'd recommend the single 300W Reaktor and an appropriate 350+ watt power supply. It should serve your needs very admirably.
Oct 25, 2014, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrforsyth
If you're limited by your budget at this time, I'd recommend the single 300W Reaktor and an appropriate 350+ watt power supply. It should serve your needs very admirably.
I think that is good advice. Consider a power supply like this one:

http://lipoconnectionsolutions.com/1...rgers-1262.htm

The price is right and if you buy a second Reaktor down the road you will already have enough ps to run both.
Oct 25, 2014, 12:06 PM
Here they are:

Reaktor 30A, 1000W, 10S (3010B rebadge): https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...e_Charger.html

Reaktor 2 x 300W, 20A, 6S (looks like two 206B's in same case): https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...e_charger.html

Really wish I needed a new charger and I'd be ordering one of these to try out! The 2 x 300W, 20A (dual 206B) looks especially interesting.

Please chime in if you've ordered either of these!

I 2nd this statement and I may just order one anyway. ill have to look them over better tho
Oct 25, 2014, 12:26 PM
the specs for the dual Reaktor don't say that its 600 watts combined tho, dose this mean only 150 per port or am I just not reading things right.

Quick Reply