Quanum Venture FPV Deluxe Quad-Copter Set With DJI & FatShark - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Oct 23, 2014, 08:38 AM
Buy, Mod, Fly, Sell, Repeat
New Product

Quanum Venture FPV Deluxe Quad-Copter Set With DJI & FatShark

This looks nice. Priced very well too considering what's included!

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ents_PNF_.html

Quanum Venture FPV Quadcopter - HobbyKing Product Video (2 min 56 sec)
Last edited by JHawk19; Oct 26, 2014 at 01:10 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 25, 2014, 02:41 AM
John Hendry
Why'd you pull the video?
Oct 25, 2014, 07:47 AM
I didn't. It's not my video. It's HobbyKing's.
Oct 26, 2014, 01:05 PM
I land with enthusiasm
OK guys just bought it let see what arrives,,,
Oct 26, 2014, 01:10 PM
Detailed explanation here:

Quanum FPV Venture Quadcopter - HobbyKing Daily (7 min 7 sec)
Nov 05, 2014, 01:11 PM
Be nice to get some flight times on this.
Nov 13, 2014, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonballer
Be nice to get some flight times on this.

I was gonna pull the trigger on this, but I would also like some flight times.
Nov 23, 2014, 07:27 PM

My Tall LG - Need help on prop blade selection

You may know that the Tall Landing shown on the HK website is not available so I purchased a generic DJI landing gear set on ebay and a Tarot-2D gimball for my GoPro3. Then I fabricated 3 adapters and attached the tall landing gear with the Gimball & GoPro. Unfortunately, the motor prop combination supplied will not lift the quad and gear. I attempted to hover the quad in my basement and can't get it to lift off with all the weight.

If you notice, I am new to this forum and also new to this FPV thing.

My question is, will switching to 9x45 or 10x45 props work and solve my problem? The supplied props for the Multistar 2213-935 are 8x45. Oh, the 10" props are about an 1" too long as the diameter of the blade path spins over a small portion of the body. I am using a 4000mAh 3s battery.

Oh, so far I have over flown it about 3 times. I has been very cold and windy here. My longest flight was 6 mins in windy conditions in around 20 degrees Fahrenheit temperatures. There was about 70% battery left when I cycled it and the quad flew well even with all the wind. Oh, I tried the Fail Safe RTH feature and it worked flawlessly. I recorded my last flight in FPV, I'll try to edit and upload it. It was a boring flight but may be of some value to someone interested in getting one of these.

Below are some pictures of my modification. The 3 pieces are made out of .5" sq popular I got from the hardware store. I had to cut down one side to .43" to get it to fit into the Quanun mounting pads.
Last edited by kjoy84; Nov 24, 2014 at 08:45 AM. Reason: typos
Nov 24, 2014, 08:56 AM
Ha, I see that HK now has the tall landing gear available. Guess I will have to purchase one and see if I have any better luck. Maybe I'll be selling the DJI landing gear I just bought.
Nov 25, 2014, 02:40 AM
PCB Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjoy84
Ha, I see that HK now has the tall landing gear available. Guess I will have to purchase one and see if I have any better luck. Maybe I'll be selling the DJI landing gear I just bought.
Saw that as well and for $6 figured I'd order them and use them some day. I was going to reply to your post saying they are public now!

I'm interested to hear (and see!) how the gimbal works out. Someday I plan on ordering the Quanum Q-2D, anyone have input on this? I'd imagine it would attach simpler then the Tarot-2D?
Nov 26, 2014, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bluesc
Saw that as well and for $6 figured I'd order them and use them some day. I was going to reply to your post saying they are public now!

I'm interested to hear (and see!) how the gimbal works out. Someday I plan on ordering the Quanum Q-2D, anyone have input on this? I'd imagine it would attach simpler then the Tarot-2D?
I ordered the Tarot-2D not realizing that there was a Quanun gimball available and also not realizing that the Tarot would have a different mounting scheme. You'd be wise to go with the Quanum gimball for the exact reason you stated. I will have to make an adapter in order to mount it to the frame. Won't be too difficult or time consuming, but I' wish I could skip this step altogether.

I went ahead and ordered the Quanum Tall landing gear. I should hopefully have it in two weeks. Looking forward to making some video. I'll post about my experience.
Dec 02, 2014, 03:19 PM
I'm looking for a cheap(ish) quad, and this seemed like the best option.
I've been looking at the Quanum Nova, but I've seen several bad reviews about it catching fire etc. What's tempting about it is the 15 min flight time (possible higher), included GoPro mount, and a complete set at $320.

The Venture looks more stable in the air, and AFAIK the Venture has everything the Nova has, except not being RTF. Also I already have FatShark, so it's nice to have it integrated in this model. Not including a transmitter is kinda good, because I'm considering the Turing 9XR (or similar), so I can retire my multiple cheap transmitters.

I'm conserned about flight time though, I've heard people only getting 4-5 minutes?!

I'm traveling at the moment, so I was considering buying it where I'm staying, meaning I don't have my FatShark glasses with me, and no battery charger, so that's where Nova is a better deal atm., as everything is included, and for a lower price.
I like the full FPV setup on the Venture though.

Does anyone have a good comparison list of these two models?
Dec 11, 2014, 04:47 PM

The Trigger

I'm about to pull the trigger on this puppy... but I'm concerned about the lack of "Failsafe" I keep reading about.

Now that is with my inexpensive Flysky FS-T6 (just arrived today)... am I going to have to upgrade the radio and the receiver eventually?
Or is there a way to us the 3 channel Flysky receiver 3ch GT-2 that supposedly HAS failsafe... with the 6 channel receiver together?

I'll let you all know when my Venture arrives.
Dec 11, 2014, 05:02 PM
Hi i have a problem with my Venture.
In high speed when i pushed the yaw stick the quad start to be uncontrolled and rotated to 180 degrees.
Here is video
YAW PROBLEM (0 min 30 sec)

Does someone know how to fix it?
Dec 11, 2014, 11:17 PM
I land with enthusiasm
Hi guys my venture is almost finished, it will have a tiny OSD to have some position data, battery and distance to home, my question is that I upgraded the firmware and it was an error due to it a was upgraded before they shipping, all the stock parameters went off, can someone share this parameters to start form scratch?
Thanks