Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Oct 20, 2014, 10:06 PM
Discussion

Chilliwack Electric FlyIn 2015

Good News The newly formed Club, Chilliwack Electric Flyers, will host their Electric FlyIn on the weekend of May 22 to May 25, 2015, at their Flying Site on the Skway Reserve. This is the location where the Spring Float Fly was held in 2007.
Last edited by Hal Norrish; Oct 20, 2014 at 10:57 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 20, 2014, 11:11 PM

Chilliwack Electric Flyers.

This is low tech Ivan down here in the engine room serving as assistant stoker, chiming in, and saluting to Captain Hal up there at the helm.

Thanks for starting the thread Hal. The president of the new Chilliwack club, Jon Light, is pretty up to date with things on the recently launched web page which can be found at www.cef.club

Cheers from Chilliwack

Ivan
Oct 21, 2014, 05:14 AM
Just claiming the privilege of being the first overseas member to check in to this thread - and to acknowledge all the hard work and diplomacy that has gone in to the setting up of this new facility. I hope to make the trip over there again sometime.

Trevor
Last edited by Trevorh; Oct 21, 2014 at 05:31 AM.
Oct 21, 2014, 05:28 AM
Slip the surly bonds...
Ah well, second place will have to do. And I'm looking forward to flying at Skway Lake next May.

NOW - this is the time to post all those "you should have been there" photos and videos from previous years to make sure all the guilty ones roll up on May 23rd to set the record straight. May I start?
Oct 21, 2014, 10:03 AM
Mr. Tracon's better half

Looking Forward to the May Event

Thanks for all of your work to get the field and pond ready for May 2015. We are looking forward to it already.
Here are some pictures from 2007 when we were at the 'new' pond:
http://www.teamtracon.com/eventgalle...lbum=21&page=2
http://www.teamtracon.com/eventgalle...lbum=22&page=2

Count us in! Sam & Beverly
Oct 21, 2014, 10:12 AM
Electric Coolhunter
Don't forget to post this in the electric event section.

Sure would like to make it to that great event one of these days.
Latest blog entry: Event planning for 2018
Oct 21, 2014, 10:42 AM
Looking forward to this as well! Will do my best to get there.
Oct 21, 2014, 11:21 AM

Skway AirPark

For those interested in the New Club. Chilliwack Electric Flyers, and directions to the site, visit their web site at: http://www.cef.club/index.htm
Oct 21, 2014, 11:22 AM
looking forward to attending in May. Our shift and vacation bids should be happening shortly for 2015. Need to make sure I've go the proper weekend booked off.
Rick
Oct 21, 2014, 12:24 PM
That's always an issue with me too, and I never know for certain until a couple of weeks prior to the event.
Oct 21, 2014, 01:36 PM
Slip the surly bonds...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Tracon
Thanks for all of your work to get the field and pond ready for May 2015. We are looking forward to it already.
Here are some pictures from 2007 when we were at the 'new' pond:
http://www.teamtracon.com/eventgalle...lbum=21&page=2
http://www.teamtracon.com/eventgalle...lbum=22&page=2

Count us in! Sam & Beverly
It'll be great to see you both. The archive photos are good...none of you look any older and there's a beach . I could kick off my shoes and socks* and roll up my trousers.

*Beverly has a thing about my socks. Don't dare ask.
Oct 21, 2014, 01:47 PM
Cool beans! Hopefully the locals can keep posting pictures of the new field. I found this page hidden away on the new CEF site, that photo titled "Seeding day" looks very promising! The runway looks super flat and I'm pretty sure you could land an (electric-only) Boeing 747 on it.

I agree with Thomas this thread really should be in the Electric Flight Events forum, where all the prior Chilliwack threads have been. It will get many more views there as well. Hal, you can ask a moderator to move it for you, and it won't disrupt anything. Write me offline if you need help with it.
Oct 21, 2014, 01:53 PM
RFC Cadet
Sounds like things are off to a good start with your new club and that you were able to reach a agreement with the Fraser valley group that pleases both sides.

I think I have found a motivation to finish some sleeping projects and get them ready for a renewed Chilliwack event!
Oct 21, 2014, 08:21 PM
Mr. Tracon's better half
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sopwith Mike
It'll be great to see you both. The archive photos are good...none of you look any older and there's a beach . I could kick off my shoes and socks* and roll up my trousers.

*Beverly has a thing about my socks. Don't dare ask.

LOL. Yes, "Sockwith Mike" we are looking forward to seeing you too.
Oct 22, 2014, 04:27 AM
Slip the surly bonds...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Tracon
LOL. Yes, "Sockwith Mike" we are looking forward to seeing you too.
Those were the days...Beverly had the time and energy to caption every one of her photos so it was easy to learn names after the event

Quick Reply