Oct 06, 2016, 03:41 AM

Twin motor idea!

Just watched a Flitetest video and instantly thought this might be a good idea for Teksumo.
Attaching 2 blunt kits together, should be an easy task, sure it will be fun!

DJI MAVIC FOLLOW UP – THIEYE V5E | VLOG0016 (10 min 20 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Nov 11, 2016, 01:08 PM
Got a couple of the kits from HangarCats and am excited to start my build this weekend.

A couple of questions for those who know:

1) what is the best way to align the wings with the blunt section? I am talking both longitudinally/front to back, and vertically. I'm ASSUMING that the back motor mount should be even with the inside edge of the back of the wing, but is that right or should it protrude a little past the wing edge?

2) And the cross-section of the end of the wing that you're gluing onto the blunt section is not the same shape as the side of the blunt - should the top edge be aligned with the top edge? The bottom with the bottom edge? Somewhere in between so the blunt is protruding both above AND below the wing?

3) How are people affixing the white coroplast cover to the blunt section? I'd like it to be removable, but I'd also like it to be aerodynamic and to look good.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Nov 12, 2016, 06:10 AM
I think the placement of the carbon rods dictates positioning to a large extent. I think when I glued my wings to the blunt everything was basically sitting flat on my work bench to keep things simple and without stress.

I glued some spare ply pieces to the motor mount to hold the coroplast in place at the back, and at the front, I slide a hair pin through the latch and it's been fine. The back of the coroplast does slip out after a rough landing, but not in flight.
Nov 14, 2016, 11:48 AM
Thanks!

Also interested in whether people are using stronger/upgraded control linkages (servo pushrods, control horns, etc). The stock Popwing stuff always struck me as a little flimsy and potentially non-repairable in case of a break.
Dec 28, 2016, 01:10 AM
I am finally putting my tech sumo together with the v4 blunt. Can someone tell me where the cog should be with the blunt on?

Quick Reply