Oct 18, 2014, 11:25 AM
Trader Rating: 89
Thread OP
Discussion

Will not ship ???

TO ALL SELLERS WHO STATE, "WILL NOT SHIP...DON'T ASK"
Point has been made, thread closed!
Last edited by Red Baron Mike; Oct 23, 2014 at 07:40 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 18, 2014, 11:30 AM
Trader Rating: 16
Bazinga
Oct 18, 2014, 11:39 AM
Trader Rating: 139
Tucker and Daisy
not long ago. i was selling 5 or 6 planes rtf. 60 to 120 size. i posted WILL NOT SHIP. and Bazinga a guy drove to my house. and left with all of them. and if your selling something for 100.00. and it would cost you 150.00 to ship it. im just saying. i think thats why they put the will not ship choice.
Oct 18, 2014, 11:44 AM
Trader Rating: 16
Not a bad idea to list that in the headings. Spending time to read an ad then let down by the "lpu" ..just wasting time.
Oct 18, 2014, 11:49 AM
Trader Rating: 52
If the guy does not want to ship why get upset? No harm no foul. Move on
Oct 18, 2014, 11:56 AM
Thread OP
Buying U-Haul boxes for packing and shipping by Greyhound Express is cheap. Shipped many large planes across country very easily.
Oct 18, 2014, 11:58 AM
Trader Rating: 21
I buy most of my planes over the net, many of them on RCGroups.

LPU option drastically limits number of buyers and where locally you could get X amount, opening it up, could give you x + y amount. Especially for a NIB kit

I personally have enjoyed many of the kits provided by plasmajoe and quite a few others on the net. Sure boxing and shipping is a pain in the ass, but all good things are

My 5 Canadian cents on the subject...which should be worth about 1 US cent by now .
Oct 18, 2014, 12:06 PM
Thread OP
Well said!

I can understand fearing shipping a built plane. However, those who refuse to ship a kit in a box are a joke!
Oct 18, 2014, 12:18 PM
Trader Rating: 139
Tucker and Daisy
its the sellers choice.
Oct 18, 2014, 12:30 PM
Trader Rating: 161
Build a scale plane already!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Baron Mike
TO ALL SELLERS WHO STATE, "WILL NOT SHIP...DON'T ASK"

Why even bother to post your ads on the internet, especially the refusal to ship a kit in a box? Just go down to your local 7/11 store and post a note to their bulletin board!

Stop being so lazy. Shipping is easy and it allows more buyers and a much higher selling price.
Oct 18, 2014, 12:35 PM
Trader Rating: 161
Build a scale plane already!!!
Quote:
Well said!

I can understand fearing shipping a built plane. However, those who refuse to ship a kit in a box are a joke!
I can't understand the fear of getting in a car and driving,, quit being so lazy and go pickup your toys
Oct 18, 2014, 12:37 PM
Trader Rating: 36
GTH NFL
Quote:
Stop being so lazy.
Group attack.

Quote:
Shipping is easy and it allows more buyers and a much higher selling price.
You couldn't be more wrong. Proper shipping is not easy, and buyers are not willing to pay the extra cost.
Oct 18, 2014, 12:51 PM
Trader Rating: 99
Is the OP for real? Guess he didn't see page 2 of Trader Talk. Must be "Too Lazy"??

Its been Cried about numerous times already.. Don't think those threads made any difference either....
Oct 18, 2014, 01:52 PM
Trader Rating: 235
Master Deg. of "In Training"
Yet another dup. thread on LPU

I got a Sig Ultimate Bi-plane (air frame only), cost $210 new. (some have free shipping over $99)

Perfectly built and balanced (6 days of my time) I'll let go $180 cuz its just siting on my shelf. (hypothetical)

Build shipping crate (one week of your time) to make sure there no damaged and shipping cost roughly $120. Insurance for shipping roughly $15.

So now do the math $180 + $120 + $15 equals $315. Now got to 1st line and read again the cost of new in the box. Hmmm...

So say you agree to pay the price and guess what... the shipping company dropped it and broke the fuselage and wing. Now you want your money back cuz its broke. Seller spends the next month (or longer)fighting the shipping company over it wasn't properly packed. He loses the claim.

Well your all happy cuz you got your money back but seller now has a pile of $180 kindling wood for his fireplace.

Only takes one loss and then you will see LPU! It happens on kits in the box as well. Saved a possible 2 1/2 months of heartache. And yes some people will drive a few hours to get a plane they want so LPU does work in the classifieds. I drove over 2hrs to get an Cirrus SR22T I wanted.

EDIT: Have to also understand the new 6 mo return BS that PayPal just put into effect but that's a whole nother thread that's going on in Trader Talk section.

Hope this gives you a better understanding but really need to step in the sellers shoes to get the full effect.
Last edited by twco; Oct 18, 2014 at 02:12 PM.
Oct 18, 2014, 02:01 PM
Trader Rating: 7

Shippable

The one thing that makes most assembled planes(arfs) unshippable(or at least difficult) is the permanance of the horizontal portion of the empanage. If it weren't for this, assuming the wing is two piece, most arfs woud fit back in their original boxes.

Quick Reply