Oct 30, 2014, 10:14 PM
Dont forget the velcro straps
a single 120 will sound more jet like...youll get alot of woosh from the split exhaust...its lighter and alot cheaper on the power system too
to remove ads between posts
Oct 30, 2014, 10:36 PM
EB-66C Team Member
I'm down with the 120, hopefully Ace is as well! It's his baby and his call!
Oct 30, 2014, 11:36 PM
Thread OP
Jeeze ........ A jf120 it is then. I,ll get an exact measurement of the scale inlets and outlets tomorrow. Then I'll post and get your opinions . For bats I should be able to fit two 6s 5000 in a removable nose for ease of installation. My fan hatch could go on the bottom pan leaving the cockpit to be detailed up. Now I need to figure out the retracts.
Oct 30, 2014, 11:44 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Sweet!
Oct 31, 2014, 12:40 AM
Classic jets rule
Ace awesome WORK.I think a 120 is the way to go.you have a good plan going
Oct 31, 2014, 09:45 AM
Subbed in. Really cool project and fast work toi

raipe
Oct 31, 2014, 01:44 PM
Ace, she is really looking good.

About your comment..." Don't know about being a magician but brilliant comes to mind... Laugh..." I wouldn't expect any humility coming from, a Brit, considering your heritage and the fact that you are still smarting from the lost of the "Colonies".

This is going to be an incredible build, Ace.

Thank you for the ride.

Lt. Den
Oct 31, 2014, 07:00 PM
Thread OP
Thanks lads.... JF120 it is on 12S. Looks like I'll be making the nose removable. That sucker is so big I can easily fit two 6S 5000 packs without needing to remove a canopy and dig inside to connect them.

Den......... Whats this nonsense about losing our colonies? You guys don't realize that we are slowly taking them back over by moving here one at a time. HA!! Anyhow thats fighting talk and I'll see you on the fourth... laugh

Okay..... Not much done on the model due to other commitments. However, I did begin the wing root section which will go slow as I must have perfect alignment for the wings. I had to make a custom wire cutter so that I could cut these sections. They are rather massive and awkward to cut. You can see in the pics that the inboard leading edge fairing is taking shape.

I think another few days doing this tedious job then things will speed up and be more fun. This morning I also designed up a nice pull pull steering arm with my machinist neighbor. I can never find them with 1/4" or larger holes and of good quality. So he may make them on his five axis milling machine. I will also be cutting one arm off and using them in My Euro for canards and on the A6 for the stabs along with steering for both models.

So a day off tomorrow and back on the job Sunday seeing that the weather is turning really cold and rainy so no flying.
Oct 31, 2014, 09:22 PM
Classic jets rule
I wonder what happened to DCU's mold....would save a lot of work.hoping we get some rain out of this storm.
Oct 31, 2014, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY
I wonder what happened to DCU's mold....would save a lot of work.hoping we get some rain out of this storm.

I believe Ronnie York of Jetmart USA has them, along with the 1/10 F-14, BD5, model masters Panavia Tornado and a whole bunch of other models.

If i was a rich man, id love to purchas Jetmart USA and Yelloow Aircraft. Between those two companies there are a lot of unique models that would sell well to the EDF crown and and the turbine guys as ARF's.
Oct 31, 2014, 09:47 PM
Dont forget the velcro straps
i could go for the dcu mig 15..perfect for 90mm...and pretty scale too. oh...and a t2c
Oct 31, 2014, 10:35 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Ace-Thanks for posting your latest pics....they cheered me up a bit after a tough day here in the Mojave Desert with the loss of SpaceShipTwo.
Oct 31, 2014, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by invertmast
I believe Ronnie York of Jetmart USA has them, along with the 1/10 F-14, BD5, model masters Panavia Tornado and a whole bunch of other models.

If i was a rich man, id love to purchas Jetmart USA and Yelloow Aircraft. Between those two companies there are a lot of unique models that would sell well to the EDF crown and and the turbine guys as ARF's.

Can always ask him. Older thread, but he gives a little history, and rundown of what he's got
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...jetmart&page=4

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...2184275&page=3
Awesome build Ace!
Last edited by 70 ragtop; Oct 31, 2014 at 11:11 PM.
Oct 31, 2014, 11:47 PM
The RC Geek
Man Ace, the intruder is looking sweet!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by invertmast
Invert, I hear you...Unfortunately, we're kind of reaching the end of an era. There were so many cool kits for so long, but the market is so different now and they're all slowly going away 1 by 1. Rarely anyone truly builds anymore and finding skilled labor to build a decent all composite ARF is really difficult. Sure, any run of the mill sweat shop overseas will put out a product (and it'll be coming from 2 factories in a week and 4 factories in a month), but getting something of real value and quality is difficult.

Chris
Nov 01, 2014, 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetMang
Man Ace, the intruder is looking sweet!!!

Invert, I hear you...Unfortunately, we're kind of reaching the end of an era. There were so many cool kits for so long, but the market is so different now and they're all slowly going away 1 by 1. Rarely anyone truly builds anymore and finding skilled labor to build a decent all composite ARF is really difficult. Sure, any run of the mill sweat shop overseas will put out a product (and it'll be coming from 2 factories in a week and 4 factories in a month), but getting something of real value and quality is difficult.

Chris
Yep exactly. Yellow had a good thing with their F22, Big F18 and the F-15, those are about the only things they have i would like to buy (if i had the cash). The warbirds just cant compete with the arf prices now. They also had some other stuff that i think would sell "ok" on a special order basis (SR71 and F117 come to mind).
Something like the model master Tornado, DCU A6 would have to be updates to all composite and strictly an ARF for them to sell well.

Decent price, Quality and minimal building requirements are the name of the game now, because of this anything more than a sport jet or foamie is hard to find and sell well, especially if it requires more than screwing some servos and stuff.

Quick Reply