Feb 02, 2015, 06:55 AM
Tony Audsley Retired Locksmith
Thread OP
Took her out again this evening, no wind and had a great fly

Lockey

APT (9 min 24 sec)
Last edited by Lockey; Feb 02, 2015 at 08:29 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 05, 2015, 06:01 AM
I would just like say after looking through the forum the short time I have been here Lockey keep it up I find your posts to be inspirational and educational ..

Ps the same goes for Many others like Mud Duck Bill that outta put a smile on that grumpy mug
Feb 05, 2015, 06:26 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwmoggy
I would just like say after looking through the forum the short time I have been here Lockey keep it up I find your posts to be inspirational and educational ..

Ps the same goes for Many others like Mud Duck Bill that outta put a smile on that grumpy mug
Thanks wwmoggy, I see (like me) you are back into it after a long break

How about fill in your profile so we can all see where you are in the world

Cheers

Lockey
Feb 05, 2015, 06:40 AM
done I finally found it
Feb 05, 2015, 07:27 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwmoggy
done I finally found it
Good on yea mate (as we say downunder)

Lockey
Apr 10, 2015, 06:29 PM
sedleniek
Has anyone besides Tony built and flown an Easy Autogyro? It would be nice to have some more input on its user friendly design, especially for newbies.

Sven
Apr 16, 2015, 04:06 PM
Hi Jim

Does this help?
Apr 17, 2015, 04:12 PM

gear

Thanks, Tom

I'm going to figure out how to tame that wobbly gear on the Scout one way or another. I see some of the models with an intermediate cable assembly between the struts. I may give that a try next.

Jim
May 11, 2017, 06:45 PM
Thread OP
Hi Guys, its been a while

I haven't flown autogyro now for many months .. in fact its probably been years ... .. been too busy with lots of other projects including setting up my own web site where I now sell my plans for a very low price (to help cover the cost of running the web site)

I was asked the other day if I would add my APT, so I have now added it to the web site ... https://www.lockeysrcplans.com

If anyone would like to have a go at this one please post your build pics and flight records here, I am sure all the guys would love to have some new autogyro pilots come on board

Lockey
Nov 09, 2019, 01:24 PM
Hi! Can I use heli blades for autogyro blades ? I just couldn't make those blades (don't have correct tools and material). Thanks!
Nov 23, 2023, 10:00 PM

Still a viable model as designed?

Just finished reading this whole thread, as I've wanted to build and start flying an autogyro for years, and this APT still looks like one of the best ways to begin. I am curious if the parts used in this model are still available as it has been many years and I have not purchased plans yet. Such as the HK auto-g head & Blue wonder motor mount.

Also, are 3D printed blades in LPLA a better option nowdays?
Nov 23, 2023, 10:36 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhauff
Just finished reading this whole thread, as I've wanted to build and start flying an autogyro for years, and this APT still looks like one of the best ways to begin. I am curious if the parts used in this model are still available as it has been many years and I have not purchased plans yet. Such as the HK auto-g head & Blue wonder motor mount.

Hi rhauff, good to hear from you .. although I designed it, it was with a lot of help of Tom Wright (who is no longer with us as he passed away a few years ago now)

I never did continue to fly Autogyro as I found it too difficult with orientation .. my old eyes and slow reflexes are no longer that good

I have a friend who has flown Autogyro for many years and is much more experienced to answer any of your questions and I'm sure he would be more than happy to help, I will contact him and ask him if he will come to this thread and have a chat

Lockey

Lockey
Nov 24, 2023, 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhauff

Hi rhauff
Tony asked me to help you with information.

Do you have access to a 3D printer ?
Joe
Nov 24, 2023, 06:16 PM
Hia Joe, Yes I have an Ender 3, have not tried LW-PLA yet but have used many other filament types. Have been eyeing the Whippit Racer and all it's printed parts & blades but want to start with a better trainer model.
Nov 25, 2023, 08:45 AM
Good that you have a printer as all the control parts can be printed.

There are PLA printed blades so you dont need to get LWPLA.

Have you any old airframes with damaged wings.?

Its very easy to convert to an Autogyro, have a look at my YouTube channel.
Joe
https://www.youtube.com/@Jockadopolus/videos

Quick Reply