Mar 21, 2015, 07:55 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminater
Na batter and esc are all ready as far forward u can get , a bigger battery say a 5000mah would most likely need no weight..

As u can see plenty of room for a bigger battery , but as I only have 3700 around using them.
ps only had 1 spare turnigy strap so had to make do, will get some more when I order next .
I used a total of 6Amps inc a 5 cell NiCad for balance.
Adding lead seemed a total waste.

CW
to remove ads between posts
Mar 24, 2015, 04:48 PM
Split S

!!!!!!!!!!!

hey guys, the VQ container has finally landed!!!!!!!

That means in a few days VQwarbirds.com should receive their stock. If you live local to a Hobby People store, they will have them in stores by the end of the week. The Fountain Valley location will have them on the shelves tonight.
Mar 26, 2015, 10:23 AM
☠ -4
Just received a shipping confirmation for my order from Hobby People.
Mar 27, 2015, 01:48 AM

I'll finish one day

Hi Guys
been building mine for a couple of months now (slow process) fitted with Turnigy G46-670kv motor 60 amp speedy 13x8 prop on 4s 3300 lipo. Just finished doing radios in the rear of cockpit. heres a couple of pics
Mar 27, 2015, 03:34 AM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
Great Job , really looks good !
Mar 27, 2015, 10:34 PM
☠ -4
Quote:
Originally Posted by conder53
Hi Guys
been building mine for a couple of months now (slow process) fitted with Turnigy G46-670kv motor 60 amp speedy 13x8 prop on 4s 3300 lipo. Just finished doing radios in the rear of cockpit. heres a couple of pics
Nice. Just received my kit today and very impressed with all the detail as is but you've made some nice upgrades.
Mar 27, 2015, 11:40 PM
☠ -4
I have a question about getting retracts for this plane. I saw on the hobby people web site that they sell electric retracts for this kit (VQ-ARE16) but they are plastic and for the price I'd rather pay $10 more and get the eflite versions (EFLG310) which are metal. I did call HP to get the measurements of the hole centers for the duantless retracts but they were not able to tell me anything.

I created a template to match the footprint and mounting hole locations of the eflite and found that the forward mounting holes are pretty close to the edge of the wood. Centers front-to-back are 30mm. Assuming mounting location is based on the center of the strut resting in the center of the strut channel when retracted, the forward hole winds up being in only 3mm from the edge.

Most of the stress is on the front screws so it makes me wonder if there are comparable quality retracts that have the mounting screws in better locations.

If not I should be able to elongate the forward mounting holes outward to get the screws further away from the edge of the wood.
Mar 28, 2015, 12:02 AM
The retracts I use where the Hobbyking Servoless Retract with Metal Trunion 44mm x 41mm Mount
link -
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...dproduct=28976

with the 115mm straight Oleos
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=23872

which give the correct spacing to fit the 3 inch wheel.
Last edited by Terminater; Mar 28, 2015 at 12:11 AM.
Mar 28, 2015, 09:39 AM
☠ -4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminater
The retracts I use where the Hobbyking Servoless Retract with Metal Trunion 44mm x 41mm Mount
link -
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...dproduct=28976

with the 115mm straight Oleos
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=23872

which give the correct spacing to fit the 3 inch wheel.
Nice, oleo struts too! Thanks.
Mar 29, 2015, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by conder53
Hi Guys
Will this be adequate power for this bird? I`m thinking of buying this plane and I have lots of 4s 3300 packs so if 4s flies this plane it would save me $$. I `m sure you will have to add lead in the nose though.
Frank
Mar 29, 2015, 06:19 PM
I fly all my 46 size planes with this setup and they fly with plenty of power for 8 to 10 minutes. I'm putting in sound system so hope that will eliminate any lead up front.
Alan
Apr 02, 2015, 10:40 AM

covering

Looks like a nice arf.

Is VQ still using that rather thick sticky back covering material that shrinks in the sun. I had a VQ Texan that looks terrible at the field when the sun hit it.

I Still might by this one as no one has produced this airplane in that size. ESM has one but it is expensive when you include the stuff required to get it flight ready.

I will probably add a sound kit from Model Sounds Inc.
Apr 02, 2015, 01:33 PM
3 Blades is Better Than 2!
canso - Phoenix Model just came out with an SBD recently, too. It looks nice, but it doesn't come with the dive flaps and the scale details aren't as nice as the VQ. However, it does use Oracover covering, which is a plus if you ever needed to do repairs.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXEXDY&P=ML

I still think I would get the VQ version, because of the flaps and more scale cockpit

Kman
Apr 02, 2015, 06:38 PM
FICKLE FLYER
Subscribed.
Apr 02, 2015, 08:22 PM
Hi guys
Does anybody know how to upload videos
Alan

Quick Reply