Oct 14, 2014, 03:28 PM
Thread OP
New Product

VQ SBD Dauntless 46 Size EP/GP 60" Wingspan

This looks interesting and seems to be more detailed and thought out than some of VQ's other offerings. Very cool looking and definitely out of the norm. The Dauntless usually makes a lot of lists of planes people would like to see but no one ever will make. I am going to preorder one but undecided until its in hand if it will be electric or a gasser. Leaning toward a 6s setup as I have some nice 5400mah packs already.

http://www.vqwarbirds.com/product_in...7136c4d6dbd9a0

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
SKU 160017
Manufacturer VQMDL
Mfr Part Number VQA120
SBD DAUNTLESS NEXT GEN VQ MODEL with incredible details included with ARF assembly ease and the VQ easy to fly fun engineered into this model ! Spans right at 60" Recommend .46 or similar 2 stroke, equivalent 4 stroke or electric power. Has built in battery hatch for easy radio access and battery changes...
to remove ads between posts
Oct 14, 2014, 03:44 PM
Parkstormer!
Thanks for posting this! I love SBDs and this may have just made my short list. I've not had a VQ, though--how do people like their "birds," quality-wise, generally?
Oct 14, 2014, 03:45 PM
Suspended Account
Looks good but the wing doesnt have enough dihedral . Dauntless had alot of it
Oct 14, 2014, 03:46 PM
Thread OP
Historic Douglas SBD Dauntless Dive Bomber (1 min 51 sec)
Oct 14, 2014, 03:52 PM
Thread OP
Might be hard to tell from the angle of the photo's about the dihedral but otherwise based on the above video it looks reasonably scale. I have not owned a VQ yet but my general understanding is they are pretty low cost kits that fly well. This one however seems like they might be stepping up their game. At $320.00 adding in the retracts I will bite and give it a shot.
Oct 14, 2014, 04:03 PM
Pro Hoarder
Looks pretty good for the price!
Latest blog entry: In flight
Oct 14, 2014, 04:08 PM
Thread OP
GradyLee im in Raleigh also. Where do you fly? I joined RDRC recently and love it.
Oct 14, 2014, 04:17 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodi11
Might be hard to tell from the angle of the photo's about the dihedral but otherwise based on the above video it looks reasonably scale. I have not owned a VQ yet but my general understanding is they are pretty low cost kits that fly well. This one however seems like they might be stepping up their game. At $320.00 adding in the retracts I will bite and give it a shot.
Sorry but thats not scale dihedral
Oct 14, 2014, 04:25 PM
Thread OP
Sorry I was saying other than the dihedral which is off I agree. By how much its hard to say otherwise the rest of the plane looks reasonable scale ish.
Oct 14, 2014, 07:40 PM
Parkstormer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodi11
GradyLee im in Raleigh also. Where do you fly? I joined RDRC recently and love it.
I've been a member of RDRC in the past (great club!), but I live in Cary now and the drive up's a bit long. I've found a failed development not far from me where the site was leveled and the streets put in when the economy tanked and work stopped. I usually have it 100% to myself without even dog-walkers! Let me know if you'd like to try it sometime.

Grady
Oct 14, 2014, 07:59 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyLee
I've been a member of RDRC in the past (great club!), but I live in Cary now and the drive up's a bit long. I've found a failed development not far from me where the site was leveled and the streets put in when the economy tanked and work stopped. I usually have it 100% to myself without even dog-walkers! Let me know if you'd like to try it sometime.

Grady
Cool, thanks. I will.
Oct 14, 2014, 09:34 PM
3 Blades is Better Than 2!
Nice looking plane I see they have a Twin Mustang coming, too...

Kman
Oct 14, 2014, 10:05 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman24
Nice looking plane I see they have a Twin Mustang coming, too...

Kman
It looks cool but I just cant see myself flying one for some reason.
Oct 15, 2014, 02:24 AM
Nice looking plane , wonder how long before it comes to Australia..
will be interesting when someone gets one and does a build review..
Oct 15, 2014, 09:35 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminater
Nice looking plane , wonder how long before it comes to Australia..
will be interesting when someone gets one and does a build review..
I am going to make my first attempt at a build log with this one.

Quick Reply