Jan 24, 2020, 01:28 PM
Regexistentialist

Hbty!

HBTY,
HBTY,
HBDBD,
HBTY!

You're getting closer! (to SS benefits )
to remove ads between posts
Jan 24, 2020, 01:43 PM
Heligamist
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgerunr
HBTY,
HBTY,
HBDBD,
HBTY!

You're getting closer! (to SS benefits )
LOL Only six more years !! .. I can't wait to retire.

No flying today except the Nano indoors because of all day rain.
Jan 24, 2020, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Clem
scootergenie,

What kind of 450 clone is that? It looks really cool!

On another note-My flying day was...

I got out to Whittier Briefly.

Five flights on Fusion 180 #2 (would have been six, but one battery was discharged).

Six flights on the M2.

Perfect, warm weather, very little wind.
That's my 130x. My buddy didn't get a picture of the 450.
Jan 25, 2020, 02:12 AM
Team Compass/KBDD Team Pilot
scootergenie,,

That is a really cool looking 130X sir!
Jan 25, 2020, 08:39 AM
UK 550/600 Tarot distributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCl
Smoggie, would you please fill us in about the issue with the Spirit2? We would sure be interested. Thanks!
An update on my previous post about the problems I was having in cold conditions with my Spirit2 FBL. Tomas at Spirit made a Beta firmwars for me to test that had "improved temperature compensation". I had 3 flights today and there were no signs of the previous problem. to be 100% sure it's fixed i need to wait for a colder day as it was relatively mild today, but I'm optimistic that the problem is fixed. I would imagine that it no problems come to light this beta firmware modification will be included in the next official release.

In the meantime it is available for download from the Spirit forum. Setup is not effected by the firmware change, just update and fly.

here is the firmware and software:
http://spirit-system.com/dl/fw/beta/...-2.8-beta2.4df
http://spirit-system.com/dl/settings...eta1-win32.exe
Jan 26, 2020, 02:59 PM
So, I bought a large parts lot for my 130X on eBay. And these aluminum blade grips were included. I put them on and it would only fly about 1 inch off the ground at full throttle, and had a strange metal harmonic sound. Landed it and put the stock plastic grips back on and it flew fine. Scratching my head over that one.
Jan 26, 2020, 03:42 PM
rc user
either binding or the arms on the metal grips are longer.

I was big on metal upgrades when first in the heli hobby but pretty did a 180 now.. prefer plastic over metal in all but a few places.

especially on smaller models sensitive to weight, would skip the metal "upgrades"
Jan 27, 2020, 07:31 AM
Yeah, I shelved the idea of using those metal blade grips. Flys fine with the plastic ones.
Jan 27, 2020, 11:06 AM
Genius man
Repaired my v977 that hasn't flown for 3 years and flew it in the bedroom in 3 axis mode (without stabilization). The weather is still crap that's why I repaired the v977. Taking off from the floor and landing on the bed then taking off and landing on the floor lol. Stick time is stick time Also the weather doesn't happen inside my bedroom so I can still fly with no care whether it rains outside. F**k the bad weather. It is raining outside as we speak!

Here she is next to the 550X

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Last edited by denis747; Jan 27, 2020 at 11:26 AM.
Jan 29, 2020, 10:34 PM
Got six flights in today on Fusion 180 #2...

It was almost only 5 and a half.

I had one battery that was a bit suspect-I flew this one last (so it wouldn't ruin my entire day).

On the sixth flight, I was flipping around a bit, starting to descend rapidly (inverted) pulled full negative collective and listened as the RPM dropped, and dropped, and dropped (the helicopter was doing the same, by the way). I should point out that normally, the little machine is un-boggable (is that a word?).

Finally, the decent stopped and the machine drifted lazily back up.

It was at that point that it seemed a good idea to land...

Time for some new batteries, I think.
Jan 29, 2020, 11:06 PM
rc user
Quote:
Originally Posted by denis747
looks like the v977 has a nice fat Align tail boom

that really shows the scale when a skid pipe is way larger than the smaller heli tail boom.
Feb 03, 2020, 11:55 PM
My flying day was...

rendered non-existent by a combination of high winds in SoCal and a mountain of paperwork.
Feb 04, 2020, 07:08 AM
Here in central Ohio, yesterday hit 60 degrees. I took 2 of my Trex 600's out for test flights. The first one, (2-blade, fb) did good. I ran 3 packs through it. The second one, (5-blade, fbl) fell to the ground after a 3 minute flight. It was a re-maiden flight. So I had training gear on it, which helped to minimize the damage. Repair process starts this weekend.
Feb 04, 2020, 10:51 PM
Because My Flying Day Was....n't...
(again no flying,-wind, paperwork, and a trip to the vet for my cat (who wished I had gone flying instead)).

Video from 11 years ago.

Someone started the rumor that the original Compass Atom (with flybar) had swash timing issues and would not roll flat (which was not correct-these rolled absolutely dead flat, straight, and axially).

This is video from a camera mounted on the stomach of my Atom.

The goal was to roll it and see how axial it was from the perspective of the helicopter itself.

TURN THE SOUND WAY DOWN! THIS IS VERY, VERY LOUD!

Atoms Eye Veiw2 (5 min 4 sec)
Feb 07, 2020, 07:00 PM
My flying day yesterday was...

8 flights on Fusion 180 #2,
9 flights on OMPHobby M2.

My flying day today was...
7 flights on JR Forza 450,
5 flights on Tarot 600,
2 flights on EFlite AT-6.

Quick Reply