Jun 19, 2019, 03:20 PM
Fell in love with MCPX BL all over again.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 19, 2019, 08:24 PM
4 packs on the oxy 2 at lunch during work.

Then decent after work flying day. Was a 600 kind of evening . 4 packs worth so around 50 mins and no crash! Few bug bites

And it was supposed to be rainy! All good.
Jun 19, 2019, 09:30 PM
I am Steve.
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_
I was bored... a pair of 6S 5000's would be around 15Kw to charge at 60C.
Something tells me you've tried it before. Steve, I believe I found your channel.
High Voltage With High Current (7 min 44 sec)

No flying here, Lads.
Ps- I think Dad secretly repented because no rain here. It tried to rain yesterday, but couldn't.
Jun 20, 2019, 03:19 AM
Heligamist
Freakin' monsoon rain on the way to work this morning plus my afternoon yesterday got cut short with storms. I hope this afternoon is drier. I blame Vik. I think he did some kind of reverse rain dance/mojo/spell etc. to cause the weather to change so fast. Or maybe the Yadtech weather control machine has been perfected ?
Jun 20, 2019, 09:39 AM
Bro!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad
Freakin' monsoon rain on the way to work this morning plus my afternoon yesterday got cut short with storms. I hope this afternoon is drier. I blame Vik. I think he did some kind of reverse rain dance/mojo/spell etc. to cause the weather to change so fast. Or maybe the Yadtech weather control machine has been perfected ?
Dad, in addition to Vik's dance, our engineer managed to perfect the weather machine. We managed to send the monsoon rain back that way.
Jun 20, 2019, 10:55 AM
Decent, no crashes no malfunctions, although too windy to have a really good time with the 130Xs.
Jun 21, 2019, 11:11 AM
Heligamist
Beautiful flying day here after a day of mostly rain yesterday. I got the lawn mowed early. Later we pick up my first wife's new(used) car. At last she will stop driving mine and leaving stuff how I don't like it.

I was able to send a virus to the Yadtech weather control machine. I'll see how long until they find a way to purge it

Jun 21, 2019, 03:37 PM
At last, the perfect summer evening arrived - breathless conditions, sunny skies and best of all...... the longest day of the year! Just back from a three hour session of good solid flying - if only every day was like this. Finished off of course, with a long cold beer
Jun 21, 2019, 07:21 PM
Bro!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone 7
At last, the perfect summer evening arrived - breathless conditions, sunny skies and best of all...... the longest day of the year! Just back from a three hour session of good solid flying - if only every day was like this. Finished off of course, with a long cold beer
Tomorrow or today actually as I am typing at 1:19am should be good too. We managed to catch Dad's virus before it could infect our weather control machine .

Last edited by denis747; Jun 21, 2019 at 07:52 PM.
Jun 22, 2019, 12:05 AM
What weather site is that Denis? I like the layout - much better than the current Met Office one I use.
Jun 22, 2019, 02:01 AM
Bro!
Quote:
What weather site is that Denis? I like the layout - much better than the current Met Office one I use.
This one https://www.xcweather.co.uk/
Jun 22, 2019, 02:53 AM
Thanks
Jun 22, 2019, 09:14 AM
Heligamist
It looks like another good flying day (and no chores !). Winds are supposed to stay under 15 mph with partly to mostly cloudy skies. High temp near 80F. Yay !!
Jun 22, 2019, 11:56 AM
Bro!
Quote:
Thanks
You are welcome. I am at the girlfriend's place in Wales cause they have huge open fields here where you can fly a heli.

In Bristol you are not allowed to fly a big RC model aircraft in any council field except only 3 parks in the whole of Bristol! And you have to have BMFA insurance as well to fly in those parks. I do have BMFA insurance but I can't be asked to fly in Bristol as I have been to one of those parks with a 550 and people were just walking under the heli without a care in the world. And this is inside the designated area for RC flying.
Last edited by denis747; Jun 22, 2019 at 12:04 PM.
Jun 22, 2019, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by denis747
You are welcome. I am at the girlfriend's place in Wales cause they have huge open fields here where you can fly a heli.

In Bristol you are not allowed to fly a big RC model aircraft in any council field except only 3 parks in the whole of Bristol! And you have to have BMFA insurance as well to fly in those parks. I do have BMFA insurance but I can't be asked to fly in Bristol as I have been to one of those parks with a 550 and people were just walking under the heli without a care in the world.
We've got relatives over in Colwyn Bay so we travel to Wales quite often - you are right, there are some great isolated flying spots although the winds on the West coast can be a bit iffy and unpredictable. We are lucky here in Lincolnshire too - plenty of open spaces as it is quite rural.

Quick Reply