Sep 05, 2018, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
Nice offer thanks. Here's something you'll never see with your Oxy 3 or any heli

At least you don't get bothered by insects.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 05, 2018, 03:54 PM
What is that white stuff?
Sep 05, 2018, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauaiguy View Post
Too much soap in washing machine.
Sep 05, 2018, 08:28 PM
Heligamist
Quote:
White volcanic ash
Sep 05, 2018, 08:33 PM
Use the flybar young Padawan
Just flew my 450 today . Can't believe how well it flys . Need to clean the grass off the blades , it's going to make them unbalanced lol
Sep 07, 2018, 06:54 AM
The weather is getting nice and warm here down in Melbourne Spring is in the air & so are my helis.

Charging up my little fleet for some flying tomorrow.

Hope you guys get to do the same this weekend!!

Jake
Sep 07, 2018, 03:40 PM
Heligamist
No flying today unless I take out my B400R. The remnants of Gordon have been dripping on me all day long. It looks like it's not going to move much the next few days.

Since I was bored a made up a fictional Trex 1000E DFC on the simulator. It flies really well. 1050mm main blades.

Sep 07, 2018, 03:49 PM
Had a nice flying day. Tried to maiden my 3d printed Corsair but failed because of the main gear housing breaking down - no damage to the plane though.
Went on with flying my Devil 420 then. My family was with me wich is why I got some flying pictures for a change:

Last edited by Thoemse; Sep 07, 2018 at 03:57 PM.
Sep 08, 2018, 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoemse View Post
Had a nice flying day. Tried to maiden my 3d printed Corsair but failed because of the main gear housing breaking down - no damage to the plane though.
Went on with flying my Devil 420 then. My family was with me wich is why I got some flying pictures for a change:

Nice to put a face on a fellow pilot .

Those flight photos are stunning, and it looks like a peaceful environment for heli flying.

Congrats on that beautiful bird, just great .

- SpekBo
Sep 08, 2018, 01:02 AM
Thanks, now it only has to fly. If it does I'll paint it abd put decals on it. The flying site is nice yeah. I love to go there.
Sep 08, 2018, 01:33 AM
I officially have a "work horse". I realize it is not as nice to see or as interesting for most. My more popular birds like the Oxy 3 TE, Oxy 2 FE and Fireball are still flying but not as much as this guy, Blade 230s V2. I'm at that stage where I am "SIMING" alot and trying to push myself further and that is where the 230S V2 comes in handy. It takes away the fear factor of crashing a 1000$ (in Canadian currency) heli, yup; that's what building an Oxy 3 or a Fireball costs up here after taxes and shipping plus custom costs have been implemented .

So here is today's flight with the 230s V2.
Blade 230S V2 flight (6 min 44 sec)

An Oxy 2 flight from today as well with ending comments ...
Lynx Oxy 2 flight (5 min 35 sec)

- SpekBo
Last edited by SpekBo; Sep 08, 2018 at 01:40 AM.
Sep 08, 2018, 06:33 AM
Theomse - I really like the bluesy green theme on your 420. Makes it stand out. Nice plane too - although I have never flown a rc plane it does interest me sometime down the track.

SpekBo - Good flying with your 230s V2. I've still got the v1 and love it. Its my main practice go to heli.

I took out the fleet today. Only heli missing was my little v977 which i hardly fly these days. Had some great weather here. Got my wife to take a few portrait shot of me and the D420

Really love the D420. Such a fun build an absolute pleasure to fly.

Maybe we should start a thread where we pose with our most favorite heli's. What do you guys say ??

Cheers
Jake
Sep 08, 2018, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeaheli View Post
Theomse - I really like the bluesy green theme on your 420. Makes it stand out. Nice plane too - although I have never flown a rc plane it does interest me sometime down the track.

SpekBo - Good flying with your 230s V2. I've still got the v1 and love it. Its my main practice go to heli.

I took out the fleet today. Only heli missing was my little v977 which i hardly fly these days. Had some great weather here. Got my wife to take a few portrait shot of me and the D420

Really love the D420. Such a fun build an absolute pleasure to fly.

Maybe we should start a thread where we pose with our most favorite heli's. What do you guys say ??

Cheers
Jake
I agree, it would be a nice thread.

Start it up Bro !

- SpekBo
Sep 08, 2018, 03:42 PM
rc user
got some flights on the trex 550 today, beat the rain by about 10min.
it's a nice change from the smaller 450.
kinda funny though, the servos in the 550 are fairly fast and strong, and i forgot the rates were turned up a bit in the FBL. knocking the elevator around stood the heli up on it's nose.
Sep 08, 2018, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Crashed my Oxy3,time to rebuild with the updated frame
Oxy3 has been updated to the new version frame and a few other improvements.

Quick Reply