Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Pitcher
The video is private too
Hopefully fixed now...
to remove ads between posts
Nov 02, 2014, 02:57 PM
A man who delivers.(packages)
Thread OP
@ 0.13-0.17: amazing low rumbling sound like the real turbine starting up woah didly a loop!! sky look sspectacular.

looks like you got a young spectator closing in at the end i would have freaked out and landed. It was getting quite crowded at the end nearby. i never see that kind of masses of people when i fly i would have packed up already..

good bird. the big loops are awesome. kept me on my toes watching.
Nov 02, 2014, 03:13 PM
UK 550/600 Tarot distributor
The older guy at walking over near the end was my flying buddy Bill. He doesn't like flying in the wind, so he was grounded but he came down for a chat.

He was my spotter for the rest of the flying session to watch out for people wandering into my flight path, it was a bit busy, i had to land a couple of times to let people get out of harms way.
Nov 02, 2014, 04:08 PM
Thread OP
oi, i need glasses. i was watching in HD too the field is pretty. I enjoy flying on something like that more than just a plain flat see-for-miles- scenery. wish we had mountains here

well, i just lazily hovered 2 batts. one for big and other for micro..

i put shiny new canopy on my micro....it's picture day

it's really sad. i fly alone although my chances of crashing are more slim this way, i still get thumb farties every now and then
Nov 03, 2014, 06:39 PM
Thread OP
well it was pretty calm outside, so I tried to see if I can hover well. Turns out I suck Anyways, posted a vid if want to see. pretty scary trying to hover close to my money cam(to me it is).. Funny, i can never make it work on this youtube gizmo where the quality would be like original

pretty bad that we cannot embed youtube player now...just a link

http://youtu.be/_SdPF1pVy4c
Last edited by Flying Pitcher; Nov 04, 2014 at 08:04 AM.
Nov 04, 2014, 02:31 AM
Video embeding is working again. If you go back to your post, open it for editing then save it without making any changes the video should come up in an embeded window.

Embeding also doesnt work if it's a freshly uploaded video that hasnt yet completed publishing on Youtube.

As for the hovering... maybe try higher head gains and possibly some exponential to soften controls around centre.
Nov 08, 2014, 03:33 PM
Thread OP
did a little hover in the backyard with the big one...on 3s system it's a 600 heli with 6s set-up, so I figured, what could possibly go wrong if i were to try half of that? nothing wrong! In fact it was whisper quiet. like a little coaxial compared to my 450

here's the graph of the flight...at the bottom you can see amp draw and rpm's. 600mm blades. it was great. I didn't put a whole pack through, because i wanted to see what it looks like...barely warm

Nov 08, 2014, 05:48 PM
You need to start flying that thing!
Less than 318W average, at that rate you could be flying for over 20 minutes! That's just not right, get the amps up!

PS... I got 7 flights in today. The new Kasama Dune is flying great, i just need to calm down the initial spool up as it's too fast and threatens to throw the heli on it's side until the blades get up to speed. I've re-programmed the YEP ESC to 'Heli slow' (used to be 'Heli medium') so hopefully that will fix it. I'm trying to make progress each time I fly, today's baby step was to fly an inverted pass down the field, then (and this is the new trick) do a 180 inverted piro turn and fly back the other way. Next step will be coordinated banked turns when inverted, I can do them on the sim but the real world requires more bottle.
Last edited by Smoggie; Nov 08, 2014 at 05:58 PM.
Nov 08, 2014, 06:27 PM
Thread OP
aah
Last edited by Flying Pitcher; Oct 28, 2015 at 03:46 PM.
Nov 09, 2014, 10:33 AM
Sorry, i missed the point about that log being on 3s power. It's good that it actually will fly on 3s.

I got another seven flights in today. The Dune is fully dialed in now, just my weak skills limiting it's potential. I got a few videos both from my head cam and onboard, rendering now so I'll post once uploaded.
Nov 09, 2014, 12:50 PM
Thread OP
glad the heli is working out it's raining outside. well it stopped now, but still wet and cold!!65*F outside! onboard cam!! oh-right heli FPV!!

this is what it feels like outside. If i were a bird, i'd be doing the same thing..
Last edited by Flying Pitcher; Nov 09, 2014 at 12:59 PM.
Nov 09, 2014, 01:07 PM
Mine was the pits again. There were a few minutes of calm this morning, then the wind started again
Barely got spooled up and had to quit.
Nov 09, 2014, 01:13 PM
Thread OP
aah
Last edited by Flying Pitcher; Oct 28, 2015 at 03:46 PM.
Nov 09, 2014, 01:47 PM
I've been lucky, two perfect flying days this weekend.

This is the onboard video, camera was slung under my 7HV:
Compass 7HV onboard video (8 min 25 sec)

And this is the Dune from the head cam:
More Kasama Dune at Balgownie (7 min 6 sec)
Nov 09, 2014, 02:33 PM
Thread OP
woah, look at that thing pick up speed, love the lens flare on 0:45. coordinated turns are awesome! the loop at 6:40 was a little too close i almost threw up! great work!!

that dune is pretty bright flying in the sky!! must be the yellow color, but you really do fly far away. your vision must be top notch. i tend to fly closer. those loops you do always keep me on the edge of my chair, man!

Quick Reply