May 01, 2004, 02:40 PM
Thread OP

My experience with aeromicro.com

I ordered a triton charger with the thermal probe and nothing happened for a couple of days. Then i mail them to ask when the order will ship out and they tell me that the order has been canceled becuase they don't ship internationally. Fine, only problem is that they have already reserved $138.90 on my account, and of course when i tell them this they just tell me they don't take out the money until the order has shipped. Then i call them and the manager won't even talk to me. So much for service and assuring me that the reservation will/has been canceled.

I'll post back in a couple of days to see if the reservation has been canceled or not.
Last edited by BlitzDude; May 03, 2004 at 04:06 AM.
to remove ads between posts
May 01, 2004, 04:24 PM
When funds are reserved, it may take quite an effort to release them, usually requiring a personal call and some time on hold. In my experience, most vendors just let that the reservation expire on its own, which may take a week or two.
May 01, 2004, 10:14 PM
My Question is: Where did Aeromicro do something wrong?

It may have been worth it to read Aeromicro's front page - third sentence on the top of the page "AeroMicro doesn't ship internationally".

To post "Don't buy from aeromicro.com" for a mistake that you made seems a bit un-called for. They haven't taken any money from you. The credit card vendor has reserved the funds for an order that you made. As long as Aeromicro.com has notified the cc vendor, your funds will be released - that timeframe is from the cc vendor, not Aeromicro.
May 01, 2004, 10:29 PM
Brunswick, Ohio
I order from aeromicro all the time. It has been my experience that nobody can ship as fast as they do, they have great pricing, and great service!!
May 01, 2004, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunswickOH
I order from aeromicro all the time. It has been my experience that nobody can ship as fast as they do, they have great pricing, and great service!!
Ditto on the shipping - I made an order on a Friday night. I had it on Monday. I live in Mississippi and they are in california - how cool is that?!
I don't buy from anyone else...
May 02, 2004, 04:53 AM
Thread OP
I suppose it takes too much effort to write the adress on the package and send it by airmail. Yeah, that must be it. The "We don't ship internationally" thing is just ridiculus. What's the problem? They have already reserved the money on my account, so why not just ship it?

My issue with them is that no one gave me a real answer and when i asked to talk to someone in charge i just heard a voice in the background that said "Didn't he get my e-mail". He could have just handled the whole thing nicely by saying that the reservation will expire in a few days. Fact is, i still don't know if it will expire.
Last edited by BlitzDude; May 02, 2004 at 04:59 AM.
May 02, 2004, 03:32 PM
OV-102 Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzDude
...The "We don't ship internationally" thing is just ridiculus. What's the problem?...
Ordering something from a dealer in another nation, when that dealer clearly states they do not ship internationally, then expect them to ship the order is ridiculous...

I can see you being upset and a bit insulted he wouldn't take the time to personally talk to you, but apparently he already emailed you explaining the situation so I can see why he wouldn't want to waste his time talking to you.

Aeromicro did not bill you, no refund is pending and your order was canceled for good reason. As you order was cancelled your not a customer, nor can you ever be a future international customer. So what's the point of taking the time to personally explain things to when you've already been emailed about the order cancellation?

I've ordered allot from Aeromicro and have received my orders on the 3rd day every single time! If Perry spent 15 minutes on the phone going around and around with your complaint that's 15 minutes he doesn't have to speak to a buying American CUSTOMER who needs his assistance.

If his email left your questions unanswered why not just email him back asking for clarification about when the hold will be lifted?...

And Aeromicro did not place the hold on your account without your consent, as soon as you gave them your CC info and pressed the order button you consented to the hold being placed REGARDLESS of the shipping policy. Your order was subsequently canceled for good reason. Aeromicro clearly states they do not ship internationally.
Last edited by indybudd; May 02, 2004 at 03:35 PM.
May 02, 2004, 05:16 PM
Renewed interest
My only gripe with them is that they no longer ship internationally.
I have had dealings in the past and they were great, i just wish i could still do business with them.

adam
May 02, 2004, 11:20 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Sorry to hear you had a problem, but I must say I will continue buying from them regularly, as I have had 5-6 perfect orders with them, filled perfectly and fast, shipped fast and no problems at all.

I sympathize with your problems about ordering overseas.

Might I suggest that a more proper name for a thread like this might be: "Problem with aeromicro.com", rather than "Don't buy from aeromicro.com"?

I appreciate hearing about vendor problems, but I dislike being asked to not use a reliable vendor due to someone elses problems.
Latest blog entry: My 2022 event schedule.
May 03, 2004, 02:34 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by indybudd
Ordering something from a dealer in another nation, when that dealer clearly states they do not ship internationally, then expect them to ship the order is ridiculous...
I missed that part, alright? How would you react if you placed an order and they tell you the order is canceled. You check up your account, the money that was taken for the order hasn't been returned? Name calling removed by moderator
Last edited by Brian Cullen; May 03, 2004 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Name calling
May 03, 2004, 02:54 AM
I would react like this:

Damn, I'm an idiot for not reading the sign that says "we can't ship to you, so don't try". I guess I better try to read disclaimers next time I try to order something internationally.

The money will be released eventually. Don't make the mistake next time, but don't try to screw over the vendor by telling people not to shop there just because of your stupid mistake.

Jon
May 03, 2004, 03:52 AM
Thread OP
Sure, whatever.
But the concept of a buissness not wanting to make money is new to me, so i appologise for ever thinking that a buissness wants to make all the money they can.
May 03, 2004, 04:26 AM
I'm having a hard time seeing what the problem here is.

The seller doesn't ship internationally (as mentioned on the front page of aeromicro's site) and now the funds are on hold but will be released, yes it's frustrating. And yes it happens, it's pretty much the price you pay for internet convience. The alternative would be a plane ticket and maybe a week off work.

Aeromicro does not have your money, it has placed a hold on it, with the intentions to take it out of your account, but it has not, and will not because the order was cancelled. Putting the hold on the charge was probably done automatically by the web software and immediately after your order. They did not do it out of spite.

So who has your money? Not you, not aeromicro, who else? Your bank and the other bank handling the transaction has the money in limbo. If you have a problem with anyone I think it lies with them.

As for a business not wanting to make money, that's a bit loaded. If aeromicro could ship to you and it would be worth it to them (ie make money off you, reasonably and conviently) I'm sure they'd do it. From their point of view, shipping internationally either cannot be done reasonably (ie they don't think it's worth ripping you off with shipping charges, and gas prices to run around town) or it's just not convient for them.

That's their choice.

UltimaSE
Last edited by UltimaSE; May 03, 2004 at 04:33 AM.
May 03, 2004, 06:19 AM
Thread OP
All of this is fine, i found out how it works just today when i talked to my bank. However, I called all the way from Sweden to the US, if the manager just would have taken 30 secs to explain this to me it would have saved me a lot of frustation. Sure, it says that they do not ship internationally. But i missed that, it can happen. Should i get a bad attitude instead?
May 03, 2004, 07:43 AM
Judging from how pleasent you have been in this thread and I am sure your phone call was just as pleasent, I am very surprized that the manager did not wish to speak to you
Aeromicro did sent you an email - did that explain that your order could not be shipped and that your order was cancelled? If you were concerned about the timeframe of having the funds released, you could have hit the reply button and ask. I bet they would have told you it was in the hands of your bank and not them.

You seem so offended that a vendor will not ship internationally. That is up to the vendor. Hobby vendors work on such low profit margins and to have to constantly deal with lost international shipments (that happens often) and fraudulent credit cards from overseas banks, it is just not worth the loss of time and money. Foreign banks are not very helpful on refunding fraudulent purchases to foreign vendors.

If Aeromicro did ship internationally and your order was lost or delayed (sometimes 6-8 weeks), who's responsibility would that be? I'm sure you would be demanding a refund for not receiving your order. On the other end, Aeromicro would be insisting that it was shipped so why would they need to refund as well?
I ordered an Aerofly simulator from a german vendor on ebay about 1.5 years ago. I am still waiting for it. He shipped via airmail. My money was never refunded. Should the vendor have refunded my money? Of course I asked, he said no. I asked for proof of shipment, he could not produce it. He told me to wait and it would arrive. I waited 31 days and filed with paypal - found out that paypal doesn't do anything for claims unless filed 30 days or less from purchase. Ironically, that is when the vendor stopped returning emails. My only recourse was to leave negative feedback stating that I never received item. Who's fault was this whole thing? Mine for ordering? or the vendor for shipping?

I suggest that the next time you purchase via a website, read their policies. If you want to know about the timelines for your credit card refunds, read the aggrement you have with your bank. Try not to over-react and place blame on others for a mistake that you made.

Quick Reply