Twisted Hobbys / RC Factory F3P EPP Clik Airframe - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Oct 11, 2014, 01:59 PM
Team Twisted!
cdee's Avatar
New Product

Twisted Hobbys / RC Factory F3P EPP Clik Airframe









Available now on the Twisted Hobbys Website in 3 different colors

GREEN - http://www.twistedhobbys.com/TH-33-E...Lite-Green.htm

RED - http://www.twistedhobbys.com/TH-33-E...r-Lite-Red.htm

PURPLE - http://www.twistedhobbys.com/TH-33-E...ite-Purple.htm


This is a Super Lite EPP airframe specifically designed for indoor F3P style flying.

Check out the video below..!!

.

.

Clik 4.0 NG (3 min 19 sec)
Last edited by cdee; Oct 22, 2014 at 07:23 AM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 11, 2014, 02:00 PM
Team Twisted!
cdee's Avatar

The build - part 1


.
Recommended Power Combo
http://www.twistedhobbys.com/Power-C...LITE-32-34.htm


Items used for this Build
  • 14g 1620kv Crack Series out-runner
  • 6A TH-CS ESC
  • (2) CS-40D Digital Nano Servos
  • CS-70D Digital Micro Servo
  • 8x4.0 GWS DD Prop
  • Mini 4ch Receiver

Weight Specs for this Build
  • Airframe Only - Approx 65 grams
  • Ready to fly with 250mAh battery - Approx 130 grams



Before we get started it should be noted that unlike all the other Twisted Hobbys planes... CA will be used more extensively on this airframe. There is a fair amount of carbon used in this build. In general the carbon to foam joints/bonds will be done with CA and all the foam to foam joints with Welders.

If building from this post, you will need to refer to the online PDF RC Factory manual for a couple details as noted. There will also be a Twisted Hobbys' manual that will show all the details and Welders style construction.
.
.
Last edited by cdee; Oct 21, 2014 at 01:14 PM.
Oct 11, 2014, 02:00 PM
Team Twisted!
cdee's Avatar

The build - part 2


Second part of the build.
.
.
Last edited by cdee; Oct 20, 2014 at 11:53 AM.
Oct 11, 2014, 02:01 PM
Team Twisted!
cdee's Avatar
reserved 003
Oct 11, 2014, 10:57 PM
Don't give in to gravity
Gravitycheat's Avatar
I love how slow the flying speed appears. We lost our indoor site but if we find another site, I will be getting one if these.
Oct 11, 2014, 11:54 PM
Team Twisted!
cdee's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitycheat
I love how slow the flying speed appears. We lost our indoor site but if we find another site, I will be getting one if these.
Yea, we have an indoor meet next week-end, hope to have it done by then.
.
cdee
.
Oct 12, 2014, 12:11 PM
benskoning's Avatar
I might need to get in to F3P now. This looks like a really nice piece of foam.
Oct 12, 2014, 04:39 PM
Registered User
so glad you posted this, i was literally about to order a donatas speirs tomorrow....will wait on this now :-)

one thing, would the little dualsky rtr motors be good on it?

cheers
Oct 12, 2014, 08:00 PM
Team Twisted!
cdee's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by benskoning
I might need to get in to F3P now. This looks like a really nice piece of foam.
.
All the planes they do are of super quality and design, with all the bracing and little parts on this one they have really out done themselves on this one, right down to all the precut bracing slots in the foam and exact dimensions given for all the sticks. It looks like a lot of work to build, but really goes together nicely because of all this. It is my first F3P build... I am looking forward to flying it...
.
cdee
.
Oct 12, 2014, 08:03 PM
Team Twisted!
cdee's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorheli2
so glad you posted this, i was literally about to order a donatas speirs tomorrow....will wait on this now :-)

one thing, would the little dualsky rtr motors be good on it?

cheers
I am going to use a 2202/1650kv motor. I am guessing that you will want something that will develop around 150g of thrust.
.
cdee
.
Oct 12, 2014, 08:34 PM
Addicted
Sweet! Can't wait to see it next weekend!
Oct 12, 2014, 09:59 PM
Team Twisted!
cdee's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixinarow
Sweet! Can't wait to see it next weekend!
.
Looking forward to it myself, if you want, you can take it for a spin..
.
cdee
.
Oct 13, 2014, 11:07 AM
Twisted Realm's Avatar
Looking great Chris!
Oct 13, 2014, 02:01 PM
Citius, Altius, 3D
3dxspin's Avatar
Nice build, cdee (as always)!

I have ordered a green one. I have no F3P skills but I am hoping this machine will cure that minor issue . I will try to build it as light as possible. I have a very nice T1804 / kv 1800 / 12.5g motor (a special F3P edition) that I am planning to use and even ordered a CF prop (PT CF Prop Indoor 8040).

Can't wait to try it out .

Cheers,
Leif
Oct 13, 2014, 08:30 PM
Team Twisted!
cdee's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dxspin
Nice build, cdee (as always)!

I have ordered a green one. I have no F3P skills but I am hoping this machine will cure that minor issue . I will try to build it as light as possible. I have a very nice T1804 / kv 1800 / 12.5g motor (a special F3P edition) that I am planning to use and even ordered a CF prop (PT CF Prop Indoor 8040).

Can't wait to try it out .

Cheers,
Leif
Thank you...

Sounds like yours will be a nice setup... I will go middle of the road on mine. Looking forward to how yours turns out
.
cdee
.


Thread Tools