May 01, 2004, 12:20 PM
Beginners Chat Sun 7to9
Thread OP

You know your and R/C addict when...

This popped in my head last night so lets see how far it can go. Come everyone get creative. This should get quite intresting LOL.
I'll start this one off with the one that hit me on my way home from the field yesterday.

You know your an R/C addict when you get your electric bill and theres a 50% in it because of charging all your batteries and Tx's LOL
May 01, 2004, 01:23 PM
When you go to the super market and are drawn to the batteries and you think. "Just think of all the packs i could build."

When every six feet theres a PVC rack full of planes mounted to the walls.

When you buy a trailer just to transport a quater of your planes to the feild.

When instead of using a spectra you just have a different radio and plane for every channel.

Thats all I can think of
May 01, 2004, 04:33 PM
When you're driving north on the 405 and see a Cessna banking left with flaps down about 75' over the freeway making it's "turn at the Brewery" to land at Van Nuys and your right thumb starts to twitch.
May 01, 2004, 05:25 PM
Balsa to the Wall
Marshallcowboy:
Here's one I started some time back on the same subject - some funny responses.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54437

Chuck

BTW is that Marshall, TX?
Last edited by Chuck; May 01, 2004 at 05:29 PM.
May 01, 2004, 11:00 PM
Beginners Chat Sun 7to9
Thread OP
Hey Chuck it sure is Marshall, TX. I see your in the same area where at?
Jarrod
May 02, 2004, 04:55 AM
The original Flying Pigs Sqd.
When you start looking for a larger appartment, so you will have more room for all your planes.
(Actually, this is a real one, from someone's real life)
May 02, 2004, 08:22 AM
E-flyer since 1981
... when your choice of car is based on your RC needs.

(When I went shopping for my last car, I brought along a measure tape to make sure that specific wings and long fuselages would fit in!)
May 02, 2004, 03:10 PM
Certified Propellerhead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael in Toronto
... when your choice of car is based on your RC needs.

(When I went shopping for my last car, I brought along a measure tape to make sure that specific wings and long fuselages would fit in!)
Heeeey..... Been there. Done that. Got the car
May 02, 2004, 03:37 PM
Balsa to the Wall
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallcowboy
Hey Chuck it sure is Marshall, TX. I see your in the same area where at?
Jarrod
I live about 40 miles west of Longview, 10 miles N. of Hawkins.
Where do you fly? Do you ever fly at the Longview club? I go there sometimes, but it's almost an hour's drive one way, so not very often. I go over there sometimes on Thursdays, when the Old Farts Flyers Club meets.

Chuck
May 02, 2004, 09:48 PM
The value of your car triples when you load planes in it. I know, its an old one.
May 03, 2004, 07:02 AM
Beginners Chat Sun 7to9
Thread OP
Yuppers, I fly with the longview club. I do come out on Thursdays and Fridays(those are my days off from work LOL). On occasion when I can I do fly with them too LOL.
Let me know next time your out that way, I'll make sure Im there. LOL
How about this one...Your an R/C addict when you wont drive across town to the in laws cuz it a pain to drive that far, but you'll drive 200 to meet a fellow addict like its nothing. LOL
May 03, 2004, 02:35 PM
Balsa to the Wall
OK, we'll do it.

Chuck
May 03, 2004, 10:13 PM
Your neighbors can barely see down the street because of all the smoke from breaking in new engines and hovering your chopper in the front yard.
May 03, 2004, 10:14 PM
Also when you trade your wife a trip to her parents for a trip to the hobby shop.
May 03, 2004, 10:15 PM
When you get a thank you card from your LHS owners wife.

Quick Reply