Jul 30, 2019, 09:51 AM
Mine came with Brake off as ESC default program. After multiple attempts still unable to switch to brake on. My spinner came loose too, looks like easy to loose part. Seems likely to strip if overtightened.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 30, 2019, 11:21 AM
Just bought a spare spinner from Motion RC. The Moa is discontinued. Bought one of the spinners they had left. No blades available, maybe Horizon has.
Jul 30, 2019, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabowil
The Moa is discontinued. Bought one of the spinners they had left. No blades available, .
that sucks. this is a fun little airplane. I bought a couple spinners and an extra set of blades when I tried inverted and put mine in the dirt. even if they are gone, there are a million spinner and folding blade setups on ebay, just need to know the motor shaft dia.
Jul 31, 2019, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Just bought a spare spinner from Motion RC. The Moa is discontinued.
looks like just MotionRC is not carrying it anymore. seems like motion is dropping a lot of the FMS line they used to carry.
horizon and tower both have it still and no indications of it being discontinued... at least so far.
-beanie
Aug 05, 2019, 03:55 PM
Got some good flights in today with my Moa. Found a thermal little lift. Using the Admiral 2S 1300 mah LiPO I get at least 5 climbs to about as high and far away as I can see it. This battery fits perfectly and the balance is spot on. Also finally got the motor brake ON. Nice little plane, good flyer, glad I got it.
Aug 05, 2019, 11:15 PM
Quote:
Got some good flights in today with my Moa. Found a thermal little lift. Using the Admiral 2S 1300 mah LiPO I get at least 5 climbs to about as high and far away as I can see it. This battery fits perfectly and the balance is spot on. Also finally got the motor brake ON. Nice little plane, good flyer, glad I got it.
how did you get the brake turned on?

Yeah, fun little flyer for sure. I really enjoy getting mine out. Nice and simple, just floating around and actually thermals quite well.
Aug 06, 2019, 12:23 PM
Brake OFF/ON is the first item on the programming sequence and I was having hard time distinguishing when the beeps started for this, when you have to pull down the throttle to change the program of the ESC. I think I got it right finally by luck-trial and error.
May 19, 2020, 05:01 PM
Hi,

Anyone have success with the CG? The manual says 53 to 58MM from LE ? I can't seem to get it balance correctly . The manual also says to test CG with it inverted which does not seem to work. I have been moving the batt (2s 1300mah) but even a 2 mm move seems to make it way out of balance back or forward. Are you guys/gals using the rectangular imprints on the top and bottom for CG?

Thanks, this is a great thread!
May 19, 2020, 06:55 PM
hey joshgold15-
i have my CG set at 57mm. i use a 3s850 batt. i don't balance inverted. my average flights are about 12min. if i'm pushing the throttle hard, then it is more like 8-10min. my longest flight is 22min when i was soaring and looking for thermals. hope that helps.
-beanie

oh, i forgot to mention, i found the 2s setup too anemic. i swapped out the 20a esc for a 30a esc. originally, i was pulling 18a on 2s, but now i''m pulling 29a at full throttle, but i rarely need to go full throttle except short bursts for altitude. motor is stock.
May 19, 2020, 06:58 PM
Thanks Beanie!
I am going to balance it right side up and with my balance arms closer in to the fuselage . Seems like the right way.

Thanks
May 19, 2020, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanie
hey joshgold15-
i have my CG set at 57mm. i use a 3s850 batt. i don't balance inverted. my average flights are about 12min. if i'm pushing the throttle hard, then it is more like 8-10min. my longest flight is 22min when i was soaring and looking for thermals. hope that helps.
-beanie

oh, i forgot to mention, i found the 2s setup too anemic. i swapped out the 20a esc for a 30a esc. originally, i was pulling 18a on 2s, but now i''m pulling 29a at full throttle, but i rarely need to go full throttle except short bursts for altitude. motor is stock.
Me too, except I use a 1000mah 3s battery. Way more fun on 3s than 2s, and surprisingly enough, this plane does catch thermals. With 3s you can do aerobatic type of stuff, or power up and catch a (strong) thermal. I've also used this plane for slope soaring, so really is a do it all setup with 3s.
May 19, 2020, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer14
Me too, except I use a 1000mah 3s battery. Way more fun on 3s than 2s, and surprisingly enough, this plane does catch thermals. With 3s you can do aerobatic type of stuff, or power up and catch a (strong) thermal. I've also used this plane for slope soaring, so really is a do it all setup with 3s.
amen to that! the 3s setup really wakes her up.
have you all had issues with your canopy popping off in mid flight? seems like my prop catches when i power up from non-powered flight. i've gone through 3 canopies already. i think it is because i have a little overhang of the canopy... probably from some deformity from a prior crash. now i'm afraid to lose another canopy so i've tried to secure the canopy with a wide rubber band or i don't fly with the canopy.
just wondering if anyone else had such issues.
-beanie
May 20, 2020, 10:04 AM
I've never had mine pop off before. You might be able to glue in a dowel in the front of the canopy, and then a small hole in the front of the battery area. When you put on your canopy the dowel would go into the hole and keep it on. (Man, that sounds bad...)
May 20, 2020, 10:14 AM
lol. good idea. sounds more pleasurable for the canopy than the work that needs to be put into it!
-beanie
Nov 14, 2020, 09:54 AM

forward plastic wing mount needed

All parts are available for the FMS moa EXCEPT for the forward plastic wing mount and of course that is the one I have broken twice. Any one have a crashed or parted Moa with a good forward mount that I can buy? Just need the mount. Please PM is so.

Quick Reply