Do you fly with your canopy on or off ? Why ? - RC Groups
May 01, 2004, 12:09 AM

Do you fly with your canopy on or off ? Why ?

Just curious.

Who is flying there micro with the canopy on or off and why ?

I like mine on for the look ? But it's easier, plus better cooling if it's off.

I tend to fly with it off more than on.

I would like to decorate the stock dragonfly canopy at some point too. will probalby put it on then.
to remove ads between posts
May 01, 2004, 12:23 AM
I fly most of the time with mine off. For the simple reason it's easier to make adjustments.
May 01, 2004, 12:40 AM
well, i crash a lot so i'll say off , plus i hacked my canopy and now need to make some custom mounts for it. once i'm able to fly more consecutively i'll reconsider but probably will only put it on when i make video's
May 01, 2004, 01:21 AM
I fly my Dragonfly with canopy off because:

1 - Stock canopy not nice looking. If I really want, I'm thinking of going scale cover instead of those stock ugly canopy.
2 - My Dragonfly battery compartment too heavily mod till I don't think I can put in the canopy.
3 - Lighter weight.

Super-Hornet
May 01, 2004, 01:31 AM

Battery Mod to fit canopy

What batteries Super-Hornet ? I had the same problem with my 2skokam1500's so came up with this mod.
May 01, 2004, 01:43 AM
Hi

My battery is 3Cell 1500mAH. Your battery compartment I used before. Once I have my chopper picture taken, I will post it here.

Super-Hornet
May 01, 2004, 01:55 AM
Hi OzzieFlyer

Here is my latest mod for my Dragonfly. It is complete brushless configuration (Main = Himaxx 2015-4100 and Tail = Home Mod CDROM motor)

Landing skids metal = Titanium bicycle tyre spokes

Super-Hornet
May 01, 2004, 03:19 AM
Geez Super-Hornet ! I think the tailboom is the only thing left thats stock !

Impressive.
May 01, 2004, 01:15 PM
AustinTatious
Holy god! That thing should ahve been used in Water world for the Smokers! How long can you fly on that Battery!?
May 01, 2004, 01:55 PM
The last time check is around 17 to 18 Minutes in 1 to 2 feet hovering.... Non stop. (Measured once. Maybe not accurate. Will try again soon)

If you do FF, the flight time varies. So to get more constant measurement, I use constant hover as a measurement.

BTW... thanks for any good comment on my chopper.

Super-Hornet
May 01, 2004, 04:22 PM
The chopper looks good, but how about putting a couple of coats of Tung Oil on that furniture?
May 01, 2004, 10:15 PM
I fly with white canopy on, ever since I started into the FFF. The canopy seems to really help in keeping a perspective on the yaw when quartering toward or away from you. Otherwise, black frame/boom/electronics blends in with the background (distant tree branches) too much. Also, white canopy helps a lot when flying under street lights (especially when you get to farther out than intended.