Axial Yeti XL 1/8th Scale Electric 4WD

WOW! This thing looks awesome!

Splash

The Axial Yeti XL Monster Bugg is big and bad.

Monster trucks are known for bashability. The new Yeti has huge brushless power along and features that allow it to withstand the large amounts of abuse. The Yeti XL is powered by a Castle Creations 2200KV 4-pole Vanguard XL brushless motor. It has the first 8th scale solid rear axle with an independent front suspension chassis system. It has massive 20mm aluminum shock bodies that house Big Bore 16 (16mm) pistons on 4mm shock shafts. That helps high speed stability when running through a wide variety of terrain.

Axial YETI XL™ Monster Buggy 1/8th Scale Electric 4WD RTR AX90032 (4 min 32 sec)

• Length - 25.75in (654mm)
  • Width - 16.3in (414mm)
  • Height - 11.10in (282mm)
  • Wheelbase - 18.5in (470mm)
  • Ground Clearance - 2.48in (63mm)Weight:12.75lbs (5.78kg)
  • Motor - Brushless 2200KV 4 Pole Electric Motor
  • Radio - AX-3 2.4GHz transmitter
  • Servos - Tactic TSX45, 151 oz-in
  • ESC - Vanguard AE-4 XL

Learn more about the Yeti XL here.

Oct 08, 2014, 11:49 AM
RealRCReviews
Will it be a solid launch or one plagued with broken parts like it's smaller brother. I totally want this and am willing to pay that price if it's a solid vehicle out of the box.
Oct 08, 2014, 01:33 PM
tires look like they are not good enough at high speed they look terrible..... axial either slow or fast can't put mushy tires on something that fast they looked like they where ready to blow apart!
Oct 08, 2014, 01:57 PM
DFS#000178
Kit.

Kit kit kit.

Kit.

I want to build it. Then I don't have to worry about it being broken out of the box.
Oct 08, 2014, 07:15 PM
Wow, it does look cool! I don't even want to know the price... Don't you guys think with cars as powerful as they are now and as expensive that it's time for belted tires? Balanced too? We could have simple balancing rigs and weights. I'll bet balanced and belted tires would drive much better. But if they're gonna cost $200 a set then nevermind.
Oct 08, 2014, 08:25 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72
Wow, it does look cool! I don't even want to know the price... Don't you guys think with cars as powerful as they are now and as expensive that it's time for belted tires? Balanced too? We could have simple balancing rigs and weights. I'll bet balanced and belted tires would drive much better. But if they're gonna cost $200 a set then nevermind.
+1
for belted tires....
Latest blog entry: My FAVORITE FPV CockPits'!!!!
Oct 09, 2014, 02:32 AM
a 1/10th Scale Electric 4WD Ė RTR.
Oct 09, 2014, 08:54 AM
^
they already have a 1/10 version of this Rock Racer....
this new one is heavier at 1/8th scale.
Oct 09, 2014, 04:36 PM
Just saw the price. $700!
Oct 11, 2014, 12:32 AM
Suddenly, Pineapples!
Love the suspension setup i could make a trophy truck out of it just wish the 1/10 scale ones had the same suspension setup :/
Nov 06, 2014, 10:58 AM
Flying every chance I get!
The guys at my LHS really like it on 4S. Here is their review.

Axial Yeti XL Review and Demo by Time Flys HobbyTown (9 min 32 sec)
Latest blog entry: Extreme Flight 78" Extra
Nov 08, 2014, 03:31 AM
did you want to buy tires on it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72
Nov 08, 2014, 09:45 AM
How big is the new XL Yetti compared to a Traxxas SUMMIT?
Nov 08, 2014, 10:11 AM
Wow!so cool!is this yeti car?are you also have a realitive shop to sell this kind of car in usa?thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by micubano
the guys at my lhs really like it on 4s. Here is their review.

http://youtu.be/lktznrugxbw
Nov 10, 2014, 01:02 PM

Yeti XL -- rear sway bar?

Hey guys,

Picked up a Yeti XL about a week ago from the local HS.
Iíve had a lot of RC Monster trucks and buggyís since the mid 1980ís. And the last couple of years Iíve been really clamoring for some sort of a very large truck or biggy again. Iíve had Revoís and even the big HPi Baja truck (flux version),,, had to get rid of the HPi because it burned up ESCís and motors several times in the short two months I owned it.

So I bought the Yeti XL purely because of how big it is. The straight rear axle scared me at first, but that has ultimately come back to haunt me to a certain extent.

In a nut shell, this thing needs a rear sway-bar very badly! So much that I really donít want to play with it till something comes out for it. The right front "twist & lift" is ridiculous to say the least. On grass and pavement mine will basically carry the right front tire off the ground continually as long as the back tires are sticking or digging in.

Everything else about this beast is pretty darn good and I canít complain. Iíve already tried slightly thicker rear shock oil, and it only helped a little and now makes the front bottom out on drop tests.
A properly done rear sway-bar should have either been installed form the factory or included as an option. Axial is touting it as being a basher, not so much a rock crawler.

Basically Iím looking to see if you guys are aware of a sway bar kit for the XL? There seems to be one out there for the XL, but it looks like itís only Ĺ of it, or only one side, and it appears to not have the actual bar or wire that attaches to the chassis and runs from side to side?

Thanks

Quick Reply