This thread is privately moderated by Knoll53, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 05, 2014, 06:43 PM
Everything's A Composite
Thread OP
Discussion

SW-7...Like night and day

Flaps are working great now.
So rekit #7 has stretched out the flaps to be full length which requires a bit of nose down mixing with the elevons. There was just a little too much nose down for these flights, which is the safe way to go. This configuration works great. It can fly slow now with flaps and can pull a high angle of attack for final landing flare. As originally hoped for, the flaps provide higher lift at a slower speed.....
SW-7.......... full length flaps (1 min 18 sec)
Last edited by Knoll53; Oct 05, 2014 at 06:53 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 07, 2014, 01:44 AM
I like the sound of high AoA. not often seen on wings.
Oct 07, 2014, 09:11 AM
Everything's A Composite
Thread OP
With the previous control systems (short flaps) the workable AoA was limited. If fact, it was a big problem. Now , with the pitch positive flaps, high AoA is a given. Just put the elevons to neutral and the flapped wing goes up. Considering the highly loaded tiny airfoil section, this plane flys plenty slow enough.
Oct 08, 2014, 12:19 AM
I remember seeing Razor's Edge - Flap test after body work its good to see your getting grate results now. If the SW-7 had a pusher motor that could vector its thrust could you get higher AoA at a lower speed?
Oct 08, 2014, 09:34 AM
Everything's A Composite
Thread OP
I suppose a pusher prop could increase AoA but these skinny swept wings are not know for extraordinary AoA like the Delta shape wings. After the initial bad results, I'm happy just to be able to flare a landing. I'll try to parachute a landing next time with a little more altitude.

Quick Reply