Dec 09, 2018, 09:29 AM
After three years of enjoying flying my Habu (2 spare fuselages, 1 spare main wing, 1 spare tail set) it was lacking of power to climb. The batteries were fine so I took a look at the rotor and it seemed dented. But, was this the reason ?
Yes it was, after I changed the rotor it started to climb just as new.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 09, 2018, 09:32 AM
Wow lots of foreign object damage. Do you fly off a dirt runway?
Dec 09, 2018, 02:18 PM
The Other Side of Your Screen
Wow ..... F.O.D. City must be where you fly at!

As for me, Runways don't cause those issues, I only use runways to land and with the glide scope of this bird, power is off at the perimeter fence line or before. Launch is a hand toss, under or over for this one, with beginner or intermediate mode active.
Dec 09, 2018, 02:23 PM
I usually hand throw, but after more than a hundred flights and landings it can happen
Dec 09, 2018, 02:28 PM
What does the foam look like in the intake and exhaust sides of the the EDF? Gotta be some damage there too.

I think you guys have a problem with the mosquito's eating too many rocks over there!

I only have about 50-60 flights on mine. The only spare part I have is the impeller, and that came with a box of parts I bought for cheap on the classifieds side which also had a part I needed to fix a heli .... $50 for that $60 part and about $200 of other stuff.
Dec 10, 2018, 05:34 PM
My fan looked almost that bad after one of my first flights where i landed on a baseball diamond and heard the fan suck and crunch a bunch of dirt.
Feb 25, 2019, 01:15 PM

safe without rudder linear servo?

I crashed my Habu and realized that I lost the little gear that sits on the rudder linear servo. Two questions:

1) Will panic or gyro stabilization still work if I disable this rudder servo?
2) Anyone have a linear servo that they are willing to sell me?

thanks!
Feb 28, 2019, 06:03 PM
I just lost that little gear after a great first flight on my 130 S after replacing all servos.

Personally, I don't think the rudder is moved all that much to correct flight during Panic mode. I can't even notice the rudder moving when I shake the heck out of my larger planes that have AS3X after activating AS3X by advancing throttle all the way ..... Apprentice S, V900, and this UMX Habu. Just make sure that your rudder is set to neutral and will not move from that position when you are flying it.
Feb 28, 2019, 07:07 PM
good. thanks for reminder to fix that rudder in place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSport
Personally, I don't think the rudder is moved all that much to correct flight during Panic mode. I can't even notice the rudder moving when I shake the heck out of my larger planes that have AS3X after activating AS3X by advancing throttle all the way ..... Apprentice S, V900, and this UMX Habu. Just make sure that your rudder is set to neutral and will not move from that position when you are flying it.
Mar 11, 2019, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsky
Wow! This looks good, I have been a little hesitant to get a edf, but with the mode for beginner this looks like it needs to go on my list.
I can relate to that - I'm a horrible pilot and have seen days and weeks worth of work be destroyed on the first flight - having an assist from AS3X won't eliminate all of those piles of broken foam on the field but hopefully most of them.
Mar 12, 2019, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miniellipse
I crashed my Habu and realized that I lost the little gear that sits on the rudder linear servo. Two questions:

1) Will panic or gyro stabilization still work if I disable this rudder servo?
2) Anyone have a linear servo that they are willing to sell me?

thanks!
I may have one of those in my spare parts....Small gear or the large one???...If I have it I’ll send it to you!

You’ve gotta keep that rudder operational—How else will you be able to do coast to coast knife edges?!?!??

Kevin
Mar 12, 2019, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene
I may have one of those in my spare parts....Small gear or the large one???...If I have it I’ll send it to you!

You’ve gotta keep that rudder operational—How else will you be able to do coast to coast knife edges?!?!??

Kevin
Thanks Kevin. I believe it is the small gear one???? See this link:
https://www.hobbytown.com/spektrum-r...pm6836/p219625

Thank you. I can PM you with my address and paypal you for the shipping.

-amish

Quick Reply