Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by Old_Pilot, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 02, 2014, 07:15 AM
Ad eos qui nesciunt crepitus
Old_Pilot's Avatar
Thread OP
Build Log

Jetstream 3.0

I revised Jetstream 2.0....based on what I learned from flying Jetstream 2.0.

Motor mount has been strengthened greatly....plywood sandwich with a hardwood block. Motor was raised about 1.5 inches
Added a keel (no I didn't)
Reduced the surface area of the elevons
Revised the pattern for the canopy.....modeled the silly thing as a 3D surface/mesh and then unfolded it.....also canopy is now Depron. I plan to use magnets as hold-down's instead of cutting hatches.
Added a color scheme
Added a dowel to the nose, but that's optional.....

Revision: 10/4/2014.....The canopy adds longitudinal stability (stiffness) along the centerline of the I'm back to gluing it down and cutting hatches
Also, I moved the fins out 5/16 on each side so that a 9" prop will fit better.

AUW 27 oz......28 oz ballast required
Last edited by Old_Pilot; Oct 04, 2014 at 04:24 PM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply
Thread Tools