Feb 10, 2020, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrsavage
I still wonder what's faster - 4S on the 8x6, or 5S on the stock 4S prop?...
An 8x6 would be pushing the stock 60A ESC pretty hard on 4S, given that I'm seeing 67A on 3S!
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
to remove ads between posts
Feb 10, 2020, 01:20 PM
67a on 3S seems high. I mean we know the 4s prop works fine on 5s and the stock ESC can take it..
Feb 10, 2020, 01:27 PM
What Goes Up...Must Come Down
Are we talking about the EFX racer...or the EFXtra? Different motors/esc's and prop sizes.
Feb 10, 2020, 01:29 PM
No, not the new Racer.

Only the old Racer from 2014 or whatever had a different power system..(and fuse, etc..)

The new EFX Racers which come in orange and yellow are %100 identical to the EFXtra besides the wing. And.., well color...
Feb 10, 2020, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abjets
Are we talking about the EFX racer...or the EFXtra? Different motors/esc's and prop sizes.
The EFXtra and current EFX Racer are the same. It's only the original V1 Racer that was different.
Feb 10, 2020, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrsavage
67a on 3S seems high.
Unfortunately there's no room for a current sensor ... I'd get an in-flight figure otherwise.
Feb 10, 2020, 01:55 PM
What Goes Up...Must Come Down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
The EFXtra and current EFX Racer are the same. It's only the original V1 Racer that was different.
I am an original EFX owner (higher Kv motor) and also the EFXtra...(love the improvements!), just wanted to make sure as we are in the original EFX racer thread. Thanks guys!

Anyone get a amp reading off of the "new" setup with a 7x7 APC speed prop? Unfortunately the spinner will need the slots extended for the 7x7 and trying to see if it is worth it.
Feb 10, 2020, 08:24 PM
Buy a SM-Modelbau Unisense-E sensor... then you can fit it....
They are a little bit costly but are the best sensor you can buy! Very small.... 140Amps (or 200A version).... with Baro/Alt, Volt, Amp, RPM, Vario....... all in that one small unit!!
Feb 11, 2020, 04:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC
Buy a SM-Modelbau Unisense-E sensor... then you can fit it....
They are a little bit costly but are the best sensor you can buy! Very small.... 140Amps (or 200A version).... with Baro/Alt, Volt, Amp, RPM, Vario....... all in that one small unit!!
Those are pretty good but it would still be a struggle to get one in my EFX Racer ... it's very tight with just the existing XT60 connectors.
Feb 11, 2020, 10:44 AM
The "Foaminator"
I have props coming in today, and then this week will get some fresh amp draw tests done.
I couldn't imagine a 7 X 7 on 4C. 7 X 5 seems to be my limit. Along with numbers I'm also listening to the motor to make sure were letting it unwind. Numbers in my opinion don't always represent the best setup.
Having a pito setup would be nice to truly get the speed numbers.

Mike
Feb 26, 2020, 04:14 AM
Does the newer EFX Racer wing fit the EFXtra fuselage ?
Feb 26, 2020, 06:42 AM
RC fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creative RC
Does the newer EFX Racer wing fit the EFXtra fuselage ?
The current models of both planes use the same fuselage, so yes.
Mar 23, 2020, 07:37 PM
Dinosaur
For a March entry, my bird on a flight today. Been waiting for ages on replacement 7x6.5 props, so fitted it with a 6.5 x5 soft plastic prop from a 1m HK 2S / 3ch Cub I had a few years back. Bored it out and it went surprisingly well. Noisy but will do until real props arrive. Password is: efxtra

Last edited by condor12; Mar 26, 2020 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Password edited
Mar 23, 2020, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeruth
I have props coming in today, and then this week will get some fresh amp draw tests done.
I couldn't imagine a 7 X 7 on 4C. 7 X 5 seems to be my limit. Along with numbers I'm also listening to the motor to make sure were letting it unwind. Numbers in my opinion don't always represent the best setup.
Having a pito setup would be nice to truly get the speed numbers.

Mike

Idk bud,
I had the original efx racer and blue the efxtra. On the extra I run 4s on the 8x6 prop, and 5s on the 7x6... Stock ESC, no problems
Mar 23, 2020, 07:50 PM
Fly planes, Be happy
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor12
For a March entry, my bird on a flight today. Been waiting for ages on replacement 7x6.5 props, so fitted it with a 6.5 x5 soft plastic prop from a 1m HK 2S / 3ch Cub I had a few years back. Bored it out and it went surprisingly well. Noisy but will do until real props arrive. Password is: extra

It says password is no good when I enter extra

Quick Reply