Sep 21, 2019, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Favorite plane currently...
Very nice! Is that stock? I checked the static amp draw on mine today on 3S and it's 50A (although it drops significantly after a second or two due to my old/tired packs) ... I would expect 5S to be a fair bit higher, even with the smaller prop. Are you intentionally keeping the motor running on landing? My ESC had the brake set as supplied, so the prop is always stopped when I touch down.

Managed to grab a quick flight this evening just as the light was failing. I'd like to fit a strobe if I can find a suitable spot.

EFX Racer dusk flight (0 min 43 sec)
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
to remove ads between posts
Sep 21, 2019, 03:52 PM
All stock, 5S.. Turnigy 5S 2200 40C. No break set. Could never be asked to figure out how to do it..
Sep 21, 2019, 04:03 PM
If it's the stock Aerostar ESC it's pretty simple to set the brake:

https://cdn-global-hk.hobbyking.com/...d_online_1.pdf

Power up with the throttle fully open, wait for 4 x double beep (throttle calibration), then during the next set of tones (4 x single short or long) close the throttle. That's it.
Sep 26, 2019, 03:43 AM
Hi there,going to upgrade my EFX to 6s this winter so wondering if anyone knows a good prop,motor and esc setup for this?
If the motor would fit the original mount it would be perfect,got the carbon one.

Prepps

Skickat från min ONEPLUS A5000 via Tapatalk
Sep 26, 2019, 03:35 PM
NTM 3536 1800kv
6x5 carbon prop
80A esc

Sep 27, 2019, 03:52 AM
Thanks.

Skickat från min ONEPLUS A5000 via Tapatalk
Sep 27, 2019, 11:39 AM
Don't hate bro
Just getting around to setting up my ORIGINAL EFX Racer, the first one they made.

Of course my owners manual is long gone, so...

What is the CG messurement?

Factory is a 50 amp ESC?

I'm going to maybe try a Graupner style 5.5x5.5 prop on 4s

Is a 2200mah 4s battery ok?
Sep 27, 2019, 11:53 AM
The manual for the EFX Racer has never been updated, so the one on the HK website for the latest version is actually still correct for your "V1"

https://cdn-global-hk.hobbyking.com/...efx_manual.pdf
Sep 27, 2019, 12:03 PM
What Goes Up...Must Come Down
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooOoo
Just getting around to setting up my ORIGINAL EFX Racer, the first one they made.

Of course my owners manual is long gone, so...

What is the CG messurement?

Factory is a 50 amp ESC?

I'm going to maybe try a Graupner style 5.5x5.5 prop on 4s

Is a 2200mah 4s battery ok?
I run my original EFX racer on 4S 2200's with a APC 5.5 x 4.5 with great results.
Sep 27, 2019, 12:21 PM
Don't hate bro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
The manual for the EFX Racer has never been updated, so the one on the HK website for the latest version is actually still correct for your "V1"

https://cdn-global-hk.hobbyking.com/...efx_manual.pdf
Ha, thanks!
Sep 27, 2019, 12:22 PM
Don't hate bro
Quote:
Originally Posted by abjets
I run my original EFX racer on 4S 2200's with a APC 5.5 x 4.5 with great results.
I may have one of those in my box-o-props. Did you need to add any weight to the nose of yours? Mine is a bit tail heavy with a Turnigy HD 2200mah 4s battery.
Sep 27, 2019, 12:44 PM
What Goes Up...Must Come Down
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooOoo
I may have one of those in my box-o-props. Did you need to add any weight to the nose of yours? Mine is a bit tail heavy with a Turnigy HD 2200mah 4s battery.
I added a separate SBEC soldered to the ESC (added a slight bit of weight aft) and yes, I glued a small piece of lead behind the lip of the plastic nose. FYI...I did try a APC 6x4 and got too hot for my liking...hence the 5.5 x 4.5
Sep 27, 2019, 01:18 PM
Don't hate bro
My prop spins really smooth without the spinner but vibrates horribly with the spinner. I guess the spinner is out of balance. Would the pic below work ok or should I really use a spinner?
Sep 27, 2019, 01:25 PM
Should be OK without the spinner ... just a little slower. Cooling will be good The only risk I can think of is the extra airflow into the fus. blowing the hatch off, but the magnet is pretty strong ... on the current version anyway.

Set the ESC brake on, if it's not already.
Sep 27, 2019, 02:03 PM
Don't hate bro
A little slower for now is fine until I know for sure I like the plane. I'd like to get a nice aluminum spinner some day but the owners manual says the tip of it needs to be open. I have a V900 that I'm going to maiden on the same day and I also still have my old Acro with many flights on it if you remember that plane, so the EFX has some competition to become one of my favorites.

Thanks for the tip on the prop brake. I downloaded a manual for the ESC and the brake is set to on now.

Quick Reply