Thread Tools
Sep 30, 2014, 02:15 PM
Registered User
bstanley72's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1
I didn't notice this before I quickly ordered for no reason. That's not cool for a $141 You can't be cruising around at 110mph with nylon gears in your tail I'm pretty pissed now. Why in the world would you put metal gear in the ailerons and not the tail. It should have been the other way around for sure. I'm not trying to sound as negative as I do but that is a rip off!


Is it possible the description is just pointing out that they put MG on the ailerons too?
In either the daily video or the product video (can't remember which) you can tell that Stuart chooses his words very carefully when describing the servos. He specifically mentions metal gears in the ailerons, but only digital on the tail.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 30, 2014, 02:17 PM
what ya mean i have to land?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1
I didn't notice this before I quickly ordered for no reason. That's not cool for a $141 You can't be cruising around at 110mph with nylon gears in your tail I'm pretty pissed now. Why in the world would you put metal gear in the ailerons and not the tail. It should have been the other way around for sure. I'm not trying to sound as negative as I do but that is a rip off!


Is it possible the description is just pointing out that they put MG on the ailerons too?
Most high performance use nylon/plastic gears because they develop less slop,metal gears are stronger but wear quicker,causing slop which is a no no
Sep 30, 2014, 02:47 PM
Registered User
FlyWW1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by oly_rcer
Most high performance use nylon/plastic gears because they develop less slop,metal gears are stronger but wear quicker,causing slop which is a no no
These aren't high performance nylon servos. These are HK junk nylon servos. A good quality MG will not wear out before nylon. I have many MG servos with 250+ flights of violent 3D flying on them and they are as good as new. And yes my MXS is faster than this. Granted these are MG not going to be good quality. So in this case you could be right. However I would prefer to replace servos every so often than the whole plane. It's only a matter of time until the elevator strips/breaks and you take a hard dirt nap. Or worse dive into a crowd or someone's property.
Last edited by FlyWW1; Sep 30, 2014 at 02:55 PM.
Sep 30, 2014, 03:04 PM
Houston. .we have a problem.
FOX ONE!'s Avatar

Uk warehouse discount buddy code


Quote:
Originally Posted by Add1ct3dd
No buddy codes for UK warehouse
Are you sure about that?
I posted it on page 1!

You have to be logged IN to your HK account BEFORE you click on the following!:
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...F-6D4D1C8A9778
Sep 30, 2014, 03:15 PM
Registered User
Justed picked up my yellow racer from the US wharehouse. Looks good on initial inspection. Waited to see the PNF before thinking about buying the kit to see how much room there is for components. Definatly looks like there is plenty of room for a 35mm up front. The motor mounts in the back with the prop attached to the bell so a 35-36 NTM 1800kv should work great. There is also room for a bigger ESC in the back. Should be able to put together in less than 30 minutes (probably less than 15 without transmitter programming).
Sep 30, 2014, 03:18 PM
Registered User
Add1ct3dd's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOX ONE!
Are you sure about that?
I posted it on page 1!

You have to be logged IN to your HK account BEFORE you click on the following!:
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...F-6D4D1C8A9778
My order doesn't have a buddycode icon next to it, no.
Sep 30, 2014, 03:25 PM
Registered User
bmoney69's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravio11i
Ordered,

Buddy code US East Red save $10!!
https://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...2-DDEF924A2B6C
sooo, what exactly do you put in the discount code box?
Sep 30, 2014, 03:29 PM
Go Fly Yourself...!!
xxD-Manxx's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by siglock
Justed picked up my yellow racer from the US wharehouse. Looks good on initial inspection. Waited to see the PNF before thinking about buying the kit to see how much room there is for components. Definatly looks like there is plenty of room for a 35mm up front. The motor mounts in the back with the prop attached to the bell so a 35-36 NTM 1800kv should work great. There is also room for a bigger ESC in the back. Should be able to put together in less than 30 minutes (probably less than 15 without transmitter programming).
Nice Siglock!!!
Do you have AMA? Ever fly at the RAMS field off 167 just North of Sumner?

http://seattlerams.org/

If not look into it.... I'm there most every weekend morning!
Hope to fly with you one day..

Cheers,
D-Man
Sep 30, 2014, 03:57 PM
Chef Pilot: Planes vs Butter
ChinoDiablo's Avatar
Subbed.
I've been looking for something FAST.
Sep 30, 2014, 04:14 PM
Huh...weird...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoney69
sooo, what exactly do you put in the discount code box?
Think the code is no more bmoney, but for it to work you would log into your hobbyking account in another tab or something, then go back and click the link. This should bring you to the product page with the new lower buddy code price.
Sep 30, 2014, 04:21 PM
Registered User
choopi's Avatar
I'm in for a yellow one!
Sep 30, 2014, 04:47 PM
Suspended Account
http://chinahobbyline.com/ProductShow.asp?id=2356

I like these batteries...

As far as servos, I'm cool with nylon as long as they are decent quality. (metal servos tend to get sloppy in time ). If this puppy flies Tru and can handle a little more power than stock. This might just replace my DF...
Sep 30, 2014, 04:51 PM
Chef Pilot: Planes vs Butter
ChinoDiablo's Avatar
What's a DF?
Dog fighter?
Multiplex...I take it..
Sep 30, 2014, 04:57 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoDiablo
What's a DF?
Dog fighter?
Multiplex...I take it..
Yes dogfighter. I have a few built df running on 6s they really scream
Sep 30, 2014, 05:00 PM
Registered User
What happened to our buddy codes, I dont have a credit in my account and my code no longer works or appears?


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools