Oct 01, 2014, 11:40 AM
Been There, Crashed That!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CustomKid
Love the FW-190 footage Austang. Headruffles and bum taps to your camera operator as well. Fantastic footage.

Regards Ben
Thanks Mate, it was my son, I'll pass on the head ruffles but may skip the other, not sure he'd appreciate it lol.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 01, 2014, 11:59 AM
Der Schaum-Kriegsvogel Pilot
Thank you. Sounds easy enough, I may go back and see if I can clean some of them up.

I have several onboard camera videos, but they are almost annoying to watch, due to all the wind noise. Then there is the 1:30 of looking at grass while I walk over to pick the plane up, and shut down the camera...
Oct 01, 2014, 06:16 PM
Beno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austang
Thanks Mate, it was my son, I'll pass on the head ruffles but may skip the other, not sure he'd appreciate it lol.
Hahaha, yep those should only apply if it was the missus behind the camera!

Regards Ben
Oct 01, 2014, 07:42 PM
Upstanding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLTRI
I have several onboard camera videos, but they are almost annoying to watch, due to all the wind noise. Then there is the 1:30 of looking at grass while I walk over to pick the plane up, and shut down the camera...
I put a piece of tape over the 808#16's mic hole which reduces it while still letting some wind noise through for a sense of the speed, and Youtube's editor also lets you adjust the video's volume down to 0 if you wish (can always pipe in the sound of a real Merlin or Cyclone )

In youtube's editor it's easy to trim from the beginning or end just by dragging the border left or right, or "clip" sections for delete or moving around.
Oct 01, 2014, 07:55 PM
I'd like to share a couple of my recent videos. One features my GWS Corsairs on the beach and the other is my Parkzone F4F Wildcat with a cockpit view Mobius flown from my front yard.

CorsairsOverLakeSuperior (3 min 48 sec)

SunsetSortie (3 min 4 sec)
Oct 01, 2014, 08:20 PM
Just throw it up!
Great thread. Here is a few of mine.

Eflite Hawker Hurricane Flight 1/2/2014 (5 min 59 sec)

Durafly P-51 Flight (6 min 19 sec)
Oct 03, 2014, 12:23 AM
White stuffs here time 2 build
Great thread! I'll start with two of my favorite planes to fly in my hangar that now have hundreds of flights, the FMS 1400 T-28 & Starmax A-1d, I enjoy flying these two so much that I got two more kits to build V2's this Winter.

Nitroplanes Airfield Series T-28 111 MPH Flight (6 min 58 sec)

Starmax 1600MM A-1 Skyraider Flight (4 min 52 sec)
Oct 03, 2014, 12:31 AM
Aussies fly Down Under!
Thread OP
Very nice... :).

Obviously pretty comfy with those.
Oct 03, 2014, 03:17 PM
Love Flying History
Here is a few of mine.
Park zone Albatros
Parkzone AlbatrosDV.a then and now (4 min 46 sec)

Park zone SE5a
Joy Ride on my PZ S.E.5a (7 min 1 sec)

Old V1 FMS Marie p51
Checking My Six (3 min 58 sec)

Dynam A10
Hand Launching Dyanam A10 (4 min 34 sec)
Oct 05, 2014, 01:01 AM
Hey nice vids Mustangloyd! I am absolutely subscribed to this thread-awesome thread. No free ride i'll try to post some of my vids soon!
Oct 05, 2014, 03:31 AM
"its not a hobby its obsession
Cool thread shirty.......was just directed here from elec warbirds...
I will get in on this
parkzone spitfire low pass limbo (3 min 35 sec)

My power 15 4s park zone spit and some of the lowest passes I have achieved with her

max thrust mig15 with 2kg of thrust & 150mph passes (4 min 59 sec)

I know its an edf but surely she's still a warbird from the 50s and 60s

I can seen this being a very successful thread I will post more as time progresses

Jeff
Oct 05, 2014, 03:50 AM
Aussies fly Down Under!
Thread OP
All warbirds are cool, we don't discriminate . Thanks for sharing. Nice with the spitty low passes. Good flying mate
Oct 05, 2014, 12:52 PM
Two more of my favorites; The FMS FW-190 and the P-51 V5.

In the beginning I had a love/hate relationship with the FW-190, loved the way it flew from the very first flight but hated that the new power system caused a blade to fail in flight twice, both times ejecting the motor One motor was found and the other lays in the MN river bottoms

FMS Focke-Wulf 190 Maiden Flight (7 min 21 sec)

P-51 maiden on 8s
8 Cell FMS P-51 Mustang Maiden Flight (5 min 13 sec)
Oct 05, 2014, 05:55 PM
Beno
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNMadman
Two more of my favorites; The FMS FW-190 and the P-51 V5.

In the beginning I had a love/hate relationship with the FW-190, loved the way it flew from the very first flight but hated that the new power system caused a blade to fail in flight twice, both times ejecting the motor One motor was found and the other lays in the MN river bottoms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxVvkqLYXio

P-51 maiden on 8s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCYYs1znVFc
Holy moly 1400mm on 8s was that the stock prop and spinner? How long did it last on that setup? Unlimited vert I love it

Oh and that 190 is amazing on 5s

Regards Ben
Oct 05, 2014, 06:45 PM
Thanks Ben, the p-51 motor was a 380kv and had no problems and surprisingly enough neither did the stock prop on 8s. Ultimately though it did meet it's demise when the glue failed on one of the carbon fiber rods in the wing and the tips decided to touch mid flight during an extremely gusty day, it was a learning experience and spectacular crash and I've since started fiber-glassing the wings on my modified planes.

Quick Reply